Post-Game Talk: Gutsy loss against dirty team Habs lose 3-2

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I wasn't the one pissed with his performance. Neither was Julien. If there were people pissed about it that's on them. But your point means nothing by bringing up stats in relation to some other players, considering its just one game.
All you had to say was "it was his first game and he played pretty damn well in it, maybe even better than any of our other goalies could do at the moment." When you decided to bring the save percentages into it is when it got muddied up.
It didn't get muddled at all. You decided to take offense to something when I was showing was a team problem. A problem that in this one game he outperformed. How was Julien not critical? I don't care if all three goals were soft... it was still a good performance.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Can't disagree more. He didn't fell. He was catapulted because of the knee Zadorov uses for that purpose. Geez, since when does shoulder to shoulder hit does something like that?
So what? He used his knee to slam the guy on the ground more...it's done regularly.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Go put on your glasses, bruh

His right knee is swiping KK's left leg intentionally flipping him over. What's next, it's gonna be okay to german suplex another player?

It was a dirty hit, watch the video again, between 0:30 and 0:33, you'll see he raises his right leg to flip KK over.

You have to keep your feet on the ice for a hit, or else it's charging.

I wonder if you seen the right angle, because the raised leg you didn't mention, yet it's clear as day.

Anyway, it's never been legal to charlie horse another player. It is a dirty move.

Sometimes I wonder who ever played contact hockey...
You watch the replay in slowmo to see how he lifted his knee a bit, you need to watch it, and watch it again and precisely check for those 3 seconds. But in real time, it's just a freaking hit, Zadorov is just bigger and stronger so KK flipped. The man barely took a stride to lay his hit. Slightly raising his knee doesn't cause such velocity, superior strength does.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The hit reminds me of a judo move.......

right leg kick to knock off balnce while simultaneously using arm strength to rotate body. It’s the only was someone can spin mid air the way he did

e6w25Hu.gif
Ya...euh..except for that hole grabbing thing and Zadorov did not extend his legs at all as in judo.
:biglaugh: it's as bad of a comparison as I've ever seen. loll

Reactions: holy

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Ya...euh..except for that hole grabbing thing and Zadorov did not extend his legs at all as in judo.
:biglaugh: it's as bad of a comparison as I've ever seen. loll
Yeah people are reaching. I thought the Avs were getting away with a lot but we also got away with a 4 min penalty so I don’t know. People gotta chill.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You watch the replay in slowmo to see how he lifted his knee a bit, you need to watch it, and watch it again and precisely check for those 3 seconds. But in real time, it's just a freaking hit, Zadorov is just bigger and stronger so KK flipped. The man barely took a stride to lay his hit. Slightly raising his knee doesn't cause such velocity, superior strength does.

But you are talking about 2 things here. Yeah, it goes really fast, so maybe it's impossible for the ref to see that. But once this is done and you have the power of the replay, you then know that while he did it quite fast, he lift his leg to catapult him. It's reckless and dangerous hence suspendable for slew foot or attempt to injure.

Zadorov hits hard. Really hard. Look at the vids when he hits legally, meaning his 2 feet ON the ice....smaller guys than KK didn't flip upside down because of it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Isn't it telling and problematic you left out Kotkaniemi of this group?
KK was struggling this year and just got crushed, the overflow of character on this team stepped out as it does best, by doing nothing about it and losing. Bravo, Team Bergevin.

To further comment on your list..Poehling ain't looking particularly good in the AHL right now, production ain't where I hoped it'd be. Caufield, he's in the juniors so really, there's nothing promising about that. Most first round kids will look promising year after their draft when back in juniors, or at least, it's not uncommon but it doesn't mean anything. I don't think we should include him in such discussion. Unless he was some clear future star prospect, but he ain't, so...pass.
That leaves Primeau and Suzuki. Both should not have seen a minute of ice time in the NHL imo this year.
Promising...ya...just a matter of time until that excitement/hope comes down.
Yup. Exactly what I mean. As long as our prospects carry more potential than our actual roster, management can keep playing this shell-game of misdirection -- keep our eye on the future to distract us from the present. But after a decade watching one prospect after another stumble and fail to deliver, it's time to acknowledge this formula ain't working. Maybe it's lousy scouting, maybe it's the coaches, but while other teams are rising to the top on the backs of their star prospects, Habs have almost nothing to show for a decade of draft picks. Maybe this crop will be different, but that promise sounds pretty hollow after so much disappointment.

And even if they do become good, none look like they'll become 'great', which is what we desperately need. Which is why we have to dump the silly notion that our top prospects are untouchable. If our scouts can't draft elite talent and our coaches can't develop it, we just might have to trade for it, and that means putting our 'untouchables' on the table, instead of pretending they're going to blossom into superstars.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

You only need to watch it once, at full speed, to see it, just need the right angle. I suggested that particular sequence for you to see, not because that's where I saw it, but simply because the move is obvious from that perspective and the shot right after. If you wanna run someone flat on the boards, that's not how you're gonna use your leg, which makes your comment about playing hockey even more absurd. If I want to do a dirty hit, that's one of the ways to go, even easier if you're stronger than your target, push the leg up and bump the shoulders with the upperbody, you'll get that kinda tilt. It's obvious to many, so you can quit the comments about who's done what. Also, I personaly saw it live and thought right away that he used his knee to prop KK off balance, a typical charlie horse, and the replays only confirmed what I saw, what many saw.

You'll just have agree to disagree with me

Reactions: jaffy27

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Yup. Exactly what I mean. As long as our prospects carry more potential than our actual roster, management can keep playing this shell-game of misdirection -- keep our eye on the future to distract us from the present. But after a decade watching one prospect after another stumble and fail to deliver, it's time to acknowledge this formula ain't working. Maybe it's lousy scouting, maybe it's the coaches, but while other teams are rising to the top on the backs of their star prospects, Habs have almost nothing to show for a decade of draft picks. Maybe this crop will be different, but that promise sounds pretty hollow after so much disappointment.

And even if they do become good, none look like they'll become 'great', which is what we desperately need. Which is why we have to dump the silly notion that our top prospects are untouchable. If our scouts can't draft elite talent and our coaches can't develop it, we just might have to trade for it, and that means putting our 'untouchables' on the table, instead of pretending they're going to blossom into superstars.
I wasnt grey when we were talking about our untouchables of beaulieu and tinordi. Our future 2nd and 4th dmen.

Reactions: Lshap

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
But you are talking about 2 things here. Yeah, it goes really fast, so maybe it's impossible for the ref to see that. But once this is done and you have the power of the replay, you then know that while he did it quite fast, he lift his leg to catapult him. It's reckless and dangerous hence suspendable for slew foot or attempt to injure.

Zadorov hits hard. Really hard. Look at the vids when he hits legally, meaning his 2 feet ON the ice....smaller guys than KK didn't flip upside down because of it.
Dude..he barely lifts his knee, you can't just flip someone like this by raising your foot 2inches off the floor.
Zadorov just manhandled him, KK was not prepared for the hit, and he fell awkwardly.
His knee going up was a byproduct of his hit, not some bad intention.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You only need to watch it once, at full speed, to see it, just need the right angle. I suggested that particular sequence for you to see, not because that's where I saw it, but simply because the move is obvious from that perspective and the shot right after. If you wanna run someone flat on the boards, that's not how you're gonna use your leg, which makes your comment about playing hockey even more absurd. If I want to do a dirty hit, that's one of the ways to go, even easier if you're stronger than your target, push the leg up and bump the shoulders with the upperbody, you'll get that kinda tilt. It's obvious to many, so you can quit the comments about who's done what. Also, I personaly saw it live and thought right away that he used his knee to prop KK off balance, a typical charlie horse, and the replays only confirmed what I saw, what many saw.

You'll just have agree to disagree with me
I saw it in full speed, didn't think there was anything to it. I saw it again on replay in slowmo, didn't think any differently. Then saw it zoomed in on slowmo and saw the knee being raised a bit. That's all there is to it.
He didn't use his knee to put KK off balance, he used his entire body and he followed through using his shoulders and arms to slam him. There is no freaking way in hell Zadorov planned to slightly raise his knee to flip KK on his head. The entire impact of it resulted in the unfortunate freak fall, otherwise you would see this technique applied in judo but you don't, because it's impossible.

Btw, a Charlie horse is simply a sharp hit to muscle to cause a cramp, try flipping/slamming someone using a charlie horse. Impossible.
The velocity, angle and positions of both players are the reason why KK flipped and landed awkwardly, it's not because Zadorov threw a dirty ''slew knee''.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I don't think our prospect pool exceeds our current team. Will those guys lead us to a better position? Nobody can objectively say yes. At best, we're at a ''maybe''.
I never understood this ''untouchable'' approach. Right now I don't want any prospect traded because we need to tank, and we need to keep doing that until we draft our own Kane, Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, Marner, Matthews, MacKinnon, Rant, Drai, Dahlin, Kikko, Pettersson, or the likes.
Until this happens, forget about competing, forget about making the POs, move your vets. We should have moved Petry this summer or early this year when peaking. Tatar should be on the market as well right now.
This middle ground crap is such a loser's plan, I don't know how many times we need to do this for them to finally get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad