Guess the 2019-20 Lineup

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Lucic - Kopitar - Brown
Kovalchuk - Carter - Toffoli
Kempe - Porkin - Luff
Fagemo - Kupari - Grundstrom

Grundstrom, Kempe, Kempe, Kupari, Vilardi (if healthy) Prokorkin, Thomas, JAD, Sodergran, Dudas, Fagemo will cycle through the year on line 3 and 4
but spend most time in the minors to polish their skills. Iafallo is in the weird spot of not enough skill for the top 6 and not enough grind for 3rd and 4th and will be traded for a 2nd. Lewis and Clifford will be traded for picks.

Forbort - Doughty
Martinez - Walker
LaDue - Roy

Doughty will rethink his career choices and will demand a trade half way through the season.
He will fetch two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders from Colorado.

Quick
Campbell

This is the dream team for the next 3 years to hunt for the 1st overall
Line 1 and 2 are our main tank forces while 3 and 4 are used to pretend we are trying
and to prepare the young for what happens after the next 3 years. If Toffoli gets out of line and starts scoring we trade him for picks.
Lucic will fetch us a 1st rounder in a trade with Edmonton. Lucic + EDM 1st for LA 7th rounder

Season prediction Games: 82, Wins: 8, Loss 65, Overtime Loss: 9
Points: 25, PP:1,8%, PK: 35% and Todd McLellan will be blamed.

2020 Draft: 1st round 3 picks, 2nd round: 3 picks. We pick Alexander Holz with the 1st overall and Justin Barron with Edmontons pick.
I like your style.

4747dd31825a0e4eaa08ba71df1a2ca5.jpg

Reactions: Herby

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
20-21

Iaffalo Kopitar Brown
Fagemo Turcotte Kupari
Grundstrom Kempe Soderstrom
Luff JAD Wagner
Clifford

Anderson Doughy
Durzi Phillips
Clague ???

Petersen
Campbell

*Vilardi
*2020 1OA
*A. Thomas

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
20-21

Iaffalo Kopitar Brown
Fagemo Turcotte Kupari
Luff JAD Wagner
Clifford

Anderson Doughy
Durzi Phillips
Clague ???

Petersen
Campbell

*Vilardi
*2020 1OA
*A. Thomas

Grundstrom-Kopitar-Brown
Wagner-Turcotte-Kupari
Prokhorkin-Kempe-Kovy
Iaffalo-JAD-Toffoli
Luff

Anderson-Doughty
Clague-Martinez
Bjornfot-Durzi
Roy

Petersen
Campbell

Grundstrom is going to be a great compliment player on Kopis line and he’s a much more skilled Iaffalo and i believe he has some untapped potential that we will see coming out this year . Kupari will thrive and be on the 2nd line . Wagner will score 20+ goals and be great on the 2nd line . Kovy will finally win his cup in the final year of his contract and with this lineup . That 4th line might be the best in the league .

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
20-21

Iaffalo Kopitar Brown
Fagemo Turcotte Kupari
Luff JAD Wagner
Clifford

Anderson Doughy
Durzi Phillips
Clague ???

Petersen
Campbell

*Vilardi
*2020 1OA
*A. Thomas

Lafreniere - Vilardi - Kupari
JAD - Turcotte - Kaliyev
Kempe - Kopitar - Brown
Wagner - Thomas - Grundstrom

Bjornfot - Doughty
Anderson - Durzi
Clague - Phillips

Petersen

Obviously.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Lafreniere - Vilardi - Kupari... with our draft luck, we aren't landing the kid
JAD - Turcotte - Kaliyev.... Famego has a better chance
Kempe - Kopitar - Brown... He'd still be our 2C
Wagner - Thomas - Grundstrom... he's destined for the Wing

Bjornfot - Doughty... would he be coming over in 21-22 instead of 20-21? 2 year contact
Anderson - Durzi
Clague - Phillips

Petersen

Obviously.

Nice Idea of were we could be in 2-3 years

EDIT: I was really lazy and just wrote comments on your lineup

Reactions: Kingsfan1

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Grundstrom - Kempe - Wagner
Clifford - Anderson-Dolan - Lewis
Prokhorkin cycling in for Wagner and JAD

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Grundstrom - Kempe - Wagner
Clifford - Anderson-Dolan - Lewis
Prokhorkin cycling in for Wagner and JAD

I see it like this but with Amadio in over JAD if not simply for waiver purposes. Even though Grundstrom is ready, he might be in Ontario for the same reason.

I firmly believe the Kings want a little incubation period for these young guys to get big minutes together down in Ontario. Bring them up as injuries and roster movement dictate. This season is not about trying to win the Cup so who cares if Lewis is on the roster to start the season over Grundstrom? It won't be like that all season.

I expect the 2nd half to feature Clague, JAD and some Kupari. Maybe Brickley and/or Anderson. Get them NHL minutes but in low-pressure situations since the Kings will be out of it. Let's them get time with McClellan as well so he has a better feel for them heading in to 2020-21.

As much as watching the same cast of characters--for the most part--is going to be a real slog this season, I'm all for allowing these guys to get pro minutes together at the AHL level. The only one I'd be worried about sending down is Grundstrom since I'd worry how he'd take it because he is NHL-ready but they still might do it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I see it like this but with Amadio in over JAD if not simply for waiver purposes. Even though Grundstrom is ready, he might be in Ontario for the same reason.

I firmly believe the Kings want a little incubation period for these young guys to get big minutes together down in Ontario. Bring them up as injuries and roster movement dictate. This season is not about trying to win the Cup so who cares if Lewis is on the roster to start the season over Grundstrom? It won't be like that all season.

I expect the 2nd half to feature Clague, JAD and some Kupari. Maybe Brickley and/or Anderson. Get them NHL minutes but in low-pressure situations since the Kings will be out of it. Let's them get time with McClellan as well so he has a better feel for them heading in to 2020-21.

As much as watching the same cast of characters--for the most part--is going to be a real slog this season, I'm all for allowing these guys to get pro minutes together at the AHL level. The only one I'd be worried about sending down is Grundstrom since I'd worry how he'd take it because he is NHL-ready but they still might do it.

I agree with you but I think it maybe a good conversation with Grundstrom. Obviously as the year goes on there will be injuries and/or trades that will open up a spot for him. That should be explained to him.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
so you're ok losing Amadio on waivers?
No, but i am willing to bet the farm on JAD being the best player in camp. I see Prokhorkin as Amadio's competition, and giving him every shot to make it not just in camp but into the early part of the game season.

I am a fan of Amadio's, and if JAD turns as many heads as i think he will, the Kings may carry 14 forwards to avoid any waiver issues. That being said, most teams have their own Amadio and i would think the odds are good he wouldn't be claimed.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

bland

Jul 1, 2004

Part of the developmental process is rewarding those who earn their spot. Give nothing for free, but reward those who deserve it. Competition is the goal here, and nobody here is so vital that they deserve a roster spot just to avoid waivers.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
For this year with Forbort and Ladue sidelined for training camp and Kovys preference to play with Kopi and Iaffalo being ideal for Bottom 6 according to Luc and Blake. I think we see on opening night

Kovy-Kopitar-Brown
Grundstrom-Kempe-Carter
Iaffalo-Prokhorkin-Toffoli
Wagner-JAD-Clifford
Lewis

Anderson-Doughty
Clague-Martinez
Ryan-Walker
Roy

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No, but i am willing to bet the farm on JAD being the best player in camp. I see Prokhorkin as Amadio's competition, and giving him every shot to make it not just in camp but into the early part of the game season.

I am a fan of Amadio's, and if JAD turns as many heads as i think he will, the Kings may carry 14 forwards to avoid any waiver issues. That being said, most teams have their own Amadio and i would think the odds are good he wouldn't be claimed.

I agreed with everything until the end. I think we're collectively kind of sleeping on JAD.

But if Amadio gets waived, he gets claimed instantly, and we regret it immediately.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I agreed with everything until the end. I think we're collectively kind of sleeping on JAD.

But if Amadio gets waived, he gets claimed instantly, and we regret it immediately.

Well, waivers are there as a benefit for the player. If Amadio hasn't made enough of an impression to earn a full time NHL role by now in this organization, and another thinks he can play for them now, good for him. He deserves his chance. There is nothing left for him in the AHL.

But if JAD earns his spot, i won't regret losing Amadio for that. If Carter can't bounce back, and Amadio is lost because the organization can't relieve itself of his contract, yeah, thats regrettable, but its exactly the kind of thing the Kings deserve for not making the right moves at the right time. They contracted themselves into this corner, and that lack of flexibility is going to have some undesirable consequences.

And lets be honest, i don't see Turcotte spending two years in college or any time in the AHL. He is a strong candidate to make the roster in 20-21, as is JAD if he can't make it this year. I would much rather have the big time prospects know that their performances will earn their NHL time and not risk any sour feelings if they earn it but lose it so a lesser light doesn't get lost to waivers, especially if that guy only has one real year to prove his worth.

Amadio has to have the camp of his life right now to not get lost in that shuffle.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I think its more then make the roster You need to give him ice time to show what he can do or hes taking his out to play in europe
If that is how he actually feels, its no loss at all. Its good to be rid of him.

But i don't think he would respond that way. If he can't make it now with guys like Luff and Wagner as his direct competition, what hope does he have with Turcotte, Kupari and Kaliyev a year down the line?

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If that is how he actually feels, its no loss at all. Its good to be rid of him.

But i don't think he would respond that way. If he can't make it now with guys like Luff and Wagner as his direct competition, what hope does he have with Turcotte, Kupari and Kaliyev a year down the line?

I disagree 100% . The kings waited for years for a chance of him playing. You don't spend that much time and effort not to give him a good solid chance to play and show if he can play in the nhl. If u don't give him at least 10 games straight to show what he can do you ruin it for any player that would be in similar situations for year to come. Personally I would have him in lineup till thanks giving till i looked at pulling him out. He is a skilled forward who has experience playing in the 2nd best league in the world and he was ppg. Sorry I wouldn't screw that kinda talent over without at least giving him a shot to play.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I disagree 100% . The kings waited for years for a chance of him playing. You don't spend that much time and effort not to give him a good solid chance to play and show if he can play in the nhl. If u don't give him at least 10 games straight to show what he can do you ruin it for any player that would be in similar situations for year to come. Personally I would have him in lineup till thanks giving till i looked at pulling him out. He is a skilled forward who has experience playing in the 2nd best league in the world and he was ppg. Sorry I wouldn't screw that kinda talent over without at least giving him a shot to play.

Time and effort? On Prokhorkin? Lemme guess, you were a Bud Holloway fan? He is a moderately skilled player who hasn't made the Kings or the NHL priority.

This guy had ample opportunity to prove his value and chose to stay in the second tier. Thats on him. He made his choice, cool for him. He has a backup plan in case he doesn't want to pay too much of a price for a NHL career. The Kings owe him nothing and are extending a chance to him. He is hardly even an asset at this point, just another longshot lottery ticket, practically a PTO. If he earns a spot, awesome. If not, its no big deal.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Time and effort? On Prokhorkin? Lemme guess, you were a Bud Holloway fan? He is a moderately skilled player who hasn't made the Kings or the NHL priority.

This guy had ample opportunity to prove his value and chose to stay in the second tier. Thats on him. He made his choice, cool for him. He has a backup plan in case he doesn't want to pay too much of a price for a NHL career. The Kings owe him nothing and are extending a chance to him. He is hardly even an asset at this point, just another longshot lottery ticket, practically a PTO. If he earns a spot, awesome. If not, its no big deal.

Oh come on now. He is a top 6 skilled player who have easily made any king team in the last 4 years. The kings needed skill. and he had it. The king made a point to visit him every year and scout him Futa has talked to him several times thus a investment in trying to get him here. He is in his prime and rosan said hes in the kings plans I get u don't like him good for you but to spend years trying to get him here only to screw up over with bottom mins or not even playing is ridiculous. Prospect of his age and a ability need to sink or swim and i think he gets his shot this year. I would be shocked if he doesn't get a shot out of camp.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Here’s my (not very) crazy opening night roster idea:

Kempe - Kopitar - Brown
Wagner - Carter - Toffoli
Kovalchuk - Prokhorkin - Grundstrom
Clifford - Amadio - Lewis

In this scenario, we kind of have one bad first line and three bad third lines.

Rookie* - Doughty
Martinez - Walker
Brickley - Roy

Without Forbort and Ladue, I think we ought to give one of the rookies a chance to play with Doughty and see what they can do. Whoever looks the best out of Clague/Anderson/whoever else.

We have too many forwards. I can’t see who we get rid of to make playing time some of the kids, unless one of Clifford/Toffoli sits, or Amadio or Prokhorkin don’t get playing time, or maybe we trade a Carter, Toffoli, or Kovalchuk.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, waivers are there as a benefit for the player. If Amadio hasn't made enough of an impression to earn a full time NHL role by now in this organization, and another thinks he can play for them now, good for him. He deserves his chance. There is nothing left for him in the AHL.

But if JAD earns his spot, i won't regret losing Amadio for that. If Carter can't bounce back, and Amadio is lost because the organization can't relieve itself of his contract, yeah, thats regrettable, but its exactly the kind of thing the Kings deserve for not making the right moves at the right time. They contracted themselves into this corner, and that lack of flexibility is going to have some undesirable consequences.

And lets be honest, i don't see Turcotte spending two years in college or any time in the AHL. He is a strong candidate to make the roster in 20-21, as is JAD if he can't make it this year. I would much rather have the big time prospects know that their performances will earn their NHL time and not risk any sour feelings if they earn it but lose it so a lesser light doesn't get lost to waivers, especially if that guy only has one real year to prove his worth.

Amadio has to have the camp of his life right now to not get lost in that shuffle.

It sounds like you're agreeing with me that it would be an 'undesirable consequence,' I think.

I made a post elsewhere about Amadio's misuse. He's got nothing left to do in the AHL, but he can't do much more in the NHL except crush more playing time or a bigger role.

Agreed he needs to have the camp of his life, but it would be bullshitty of the team to not find him a role after wasting his performance last year. More talented prospects will surely surpass him, and that's fine, but if we lose amadio over some roster deadweight because we can't figure out how to keep him around waivers, that's some piss poor asset management. He's a player and a good one (and a cheap one) that should have been our 3C last year and has some upside, but Willie D couldn't coach a turd down the toilet.

I guess in short it would be preferable to have, say, JAD destroying top-line AHL minutes if he's not going to be playing much in the NHL and to have Amadio holding down a third-line-ish spot until someone gets moved than to just force JAD into crap NHL minutes and losing Amadio to waivers.

Reactions: yankeeking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad