Guess the 2019-20 Lineup

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I think Faulk and Carolina are a good fit as well. Having a legit #2 would eliminate the holes on D since Faulk and Doughty will be playing 20+ minutes a night. Quick would slot in well as Carolina's goalie this season.

I would say that Quick would provide the type of goaltending to help them win a championship but the way they just let go of their goalie tandem makes me believe that they think their defense can turn any goalie into a stud... They'll learn its the other way around soon enough

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I would say s solid defensive Dman to pair with Forbort on the 3rd pairing..

Anderson/Clague/Brickley - Doughty.. I would swap Toffoli for Justin Faulk = Faulk-Doughty
Martinez - Roy/Walker/LaDue
Forbort - Girardi
MacDermid

I just want these guys to look as best as possible then flip them for picks and/or younger guys...

And to expand on the trade i mentioned it would be as follows
Ttyler Toffoli
Jack Campbell
for
Justin Faulk
Roland McKeown
2nd rounder
Carolina is still looking for scoring and they also need another Goalie unless they really think Forsberg is the answer
I think you put the second rounder on the wrong side. Even that might not be enough.

lumbergh

Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Toffoli for Faulk is a wash..
Campbell for the 2nd and Mckeown for us retaining on Toffoli
Faulk outscored Toffoli two out of the last three seasons. As a defenseman. He is today’s Lubomir Visnovsky.

Top pairing defenseman vs marginal top six winger. You decide what’s more valuable.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Most realistic lineup I can see happening is

Wagner-Kopitar-Brown
Grundstrom-Kempe-Carter
Kovy-Prokhorkin-Toffoli
Iaffalo-Amadio-Luff
Clifford

Forbort-Doughty
Clague-Martinez
Ryan-Roy
Walker

Quick
Campbell

Idk if it’s cause I just love the Kings and I’m a die hard fan so I’m blinded but I feel like this lineup can make the playoffs with TMac as coach and a new system. But at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised if they finish bottom 3.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Most realistic lineup I can see happening is

Wagner-Kopitar-Brown
Grundstrom-Kempe-Carter
Kovy-Prokhorkin-Toffoli
Iaffalo-Amadio-Luff
Clifford

Forbort-Doughty
Clague-Martinez
Ryan-Roy
Walker

Quick
Campbell

Idk if it’s cause I just love the Kings and I’m a die hard fan so I’m blinded but I feel like this lineup can make the playoffs with TMac as coach and a new system. But at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised if they finish bottom 3.

Kings aren’t winning anything with that defense my man. We have a serious hole at 2C, too. To go along with most of the rest of the roster.

Why do I feel like we have a lot of good third liners plus Kopitar? And a lot of good bottom pairing guys plus Doughty?

Christ this team is going to suck this year. If this isn’t our lineup - and I mean that in the sense of, if these guys aren’t our best players - then we are screwed.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kovalchuk - Carter - Toffoli
Wagner - Kempe - Grundstrom
Clifford - Amadio - Lewis
Frk, Prokhorkin, Lizotte, Luff

Forbort - Doughty
Martinez - LaDue
Ryan - Roy
Walker

Quick
Campbell

Something is going to have to work itself out with our whole extra line of forwards (probably send Lizotte and Luff down, try to trade a forward). But if Carter, Kovalchuk, and Toffoli don’t play like top six guys and if Kopitar and Brown don’t have career years, we’re likely looking at losing out on a lottery pick again next year.

Last edited:

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Lucic - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Porkin - Luff
Fagemo - Kupari - Grundstrom

Grundstrom, Kempe, Kempe, Kupari, Vilardi (if healthy) Prokorkin, Thomas, JAD, Sodergran, Dudas, Fagemo will cycle through the year on line 3 and 4
but spend most time in the minors to polish their skills. Iafallo is in the weird spot of not enough skill for the top 6 and not enough grind for 3rd and 4th and will be traded for a 2nd. Lewis and Clifford will be traded for picks.

Forbort - Doughty
Martinez - Walker
LaDue - Roy

Doughty will rethink his career choices and will demand a trade half way through the season.
He will fetch two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders from Colorado.

Quick
Campbell

This is the dream team for the next 3 years to hunt for the 1st overall
Line 1 and 2 are our main tank forces while 3 and 4 are used to pretend we are trying
and to prepare the young for what happens after the next 3 years. If Toffoli gets out of line and starts scoring we trade him for picks.
Lucic will fetch us a 1st rounder in a trade with Edmonton. Lucic + EDM 1st for LA 7th rounder

Season prediction Games: 82, Wins: 8, Loss 65, Overtime Loss: 9
Points: 25, PP:1,8%, PK: 35% and Todd McLellan will be blamed.

2020 Draft: 1st round 3 picks, 2nd round: 3 picks. We pick Alexander Holz with the 1st overall and Justin Barron with Edmontons pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: lumbergh

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kovalchuk-Prokhorkin-Toffoli
Grundstrom-Carter-Kempe
Clifford-Amadio-Wagner
Lewis

Forbort-Doughty
Martinez-LaDue
Walker-Roy
MacDermid

Quick
Campbell
I would have the same players just moving them around a bit! Iafallo-Kopi-Brown
Prokhorkin-Carter-Toffoli
Kovalchuk-Kempe-Grundstrom
Clifford-Amadio-Wagner/Lewis/M Kempe

Forbert-Doughty
Martinez-Walker
MacDermid-Roy
LaDue

Quick
Campbell

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If Im not mistaken I think Gunderson can go to the ahl without waivers I also think Ryan has only a one way contract. I would set the lines like this
Brown Kopitar Carter
Kovy Porhorkins Toffoli
Iafallo Kempe Lewis
Clifford Amadio Wagner
Luff M Kempe

Forbort Doughty
Martinez Walker
Ryan Roy
LaDue
Wagner move up a line and lewis drops back when Wagner shows he can handle more mins
Look into trading Iafallo asap and bring up Gunderson Also trade forbort if possible and bring up Clague asap

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Kings aren’t winning anything with that defense my man. We have a serious hole at 2C, too. To go along with most of the rest of the roster.

Why do I feel like we have a lot of good third liners plus Kopitar? And a lot of good bottom pairing guys plus Doughty?

Christ this team is going to suck this year. If this isn’t our lineup - and I mean that in the sense of, if these guys aren’t our best players - then we are screwed.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Wagner - Kempe - Grundstrom
Clifford - Amadio - Lewis
Frk, Prokhorkin, Lizotte, Luff

Forbort - Doughty
Martinez - LaDue
Ryan - Roy
Walker

Quick
Campbell

Something is going to have to work itself out with our whole extra line of forwards (probably send Lizotte and Luff down, try to trade a forward). But if Carter, Kovalchuk, and Toffoli don’t play like top six guys and if Kopitar and Brown don’t have career years, we’re likely looking at losing out on a lottery pick again next year.

Because that is the case lol lot of good third liners but honestly believe we should allow Grundstrom,Kupari , Wagner and later down the line our other great prospects we have to look forward too , to play in the top 6. Knowing Maclellan played Marleau with Joe and got alot out of them and Kovy taking his training seriously I can see Kovy with Kopi all year long . And believe they will be successful together . Idk what to think this year but I do want a top 3 pick because that’ll make our team almost perfect In 3 years . We have great drafting and developing and after changing drafting philosophy I love our prospects .

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Wagner-Prokhorkin-Carter
Grundstrom-Kempe-Toffoli
Iaffalo-Amadio-Luff
Clifford

Forbort-Doughty
Clague-Martinez
Ryan-Roy
Walker

Quick
Campbell

Lines 2 and 3 can be interchangeable with players and positioning .

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I know we aren't signing any big UFAs but if i had too trade Toffoli i think Dyzingel can full fill a need in our top 6.

We sign Dyzingel and Trade Toffoli.

Dyzingle Kopitar Carter (Carter here to increase value hopefully for a trade at the TDL if not swap with Brown)
Kovy Prokhorkin Brown
Iafallo Kempe Grundstrom
Clifford Amadio Wagner
Lewis*, Luff

*Trade Lewis at TDL
Call up JAD or Lizotte to rotate with Clifford\Amadio\Wagner\Luff

Forbort Doughty
Martinez Roy
Ryan Walker
Ladue*

*Ladue gets traded at the TDL
Call up Clague or Anderson to rotate with Ryan\Walker\Roy

Quick
Campbell*

*Campbell gets traded at the TDL
Call up Peterson.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
if the Kings could have traded Clifford they would have. This summer would have been the time, coming off a career year his value is at its highest. Paying Lewis, Clifford, and Iafallo 6 million bucks seems counter intuitive to a team trying to get younger and faster. Like others have said I really like Iafallo as a 3rd line winger and I hope now that we have a real coach he will be able to identify what Iafallo really is.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
if the Kings could have traded Clifford they would have. This summer would have been the time, coming off a career year his value is at its highest. Paying Lewis, Clifford, and Iafallo 6 million bucks seems counter intuitive to a team trying to get younger and faster. Like others have said I really like Iafallo as a 3rd line winger and I hope now that we have a real coach he will be able to identify what Iafallo really is.

To me it is not the coach but rather I hope we have players who contend and push for more minutes to the point it pushes Iafallo down the depth chart. I just hope our coach regonizes when a player deserves that push or chance.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I know we aren't signing any big UFAs but if i had too trade Toffoli i think Dyzingel can full fill a need in our top 6.

We sign Dyzingel and Trade Toffoli.

Dyzingle Kopitar Carter (Carter here to increase value hopefully for a trade at the TDL if not swap with Brown)
Kovy Prokhorkin Brown
Iafallo Kempe Grundstrom
Clifford Amadio Wagner
Lewis*, Luff

*Trade Lewis at TDL
Call up JAD or Lizotte to rotate with Clifford\Amadio\Wagner\Luff

Forbort Doughty
Martinez Roy
Ryan Walker
Ladue*

*Ladue gets traded at the TDL
Call up Clague or Anderson to rotate with Ryan\Walker\Roy

Quick
Campbell*

*Campbell gets traded at the TDL
Call up Peterson.

I really, really like Dzingel. He'd be a phenomenal add as a bridge player and plays the type of high tempo, aggressive game that we all want to see.

I'm sure they could have. They didn't want to by all indications.

I personally like that they're forcing kids to TAKE spots, not just handing them out like candy, and while Lewis is likely replaceable at this point and gone to a contender at the deadline, Iafallo is a nice cheap bridge player, and Clifford's toughness probably isn't going to be replaced by a 20 year old.

This should be one of the most competitive camps we've ever had. That's a good thing. And most of the vets 'in the way' of any kids are on moveable contracts.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Clifford should be a deadline deal

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I really, really like Dzingel. He'd be a phenomenal add as a bridge player and plays the type of high tempo, aggressive game that we all want to see.

I'm sure they could have. They didn't want to by all indications.

I personally like that they're forcing kids to TAKE spots, not just handing them out like candy, and while Lewis is likely replaceable at this point and gone to a contender at the deadline, Iafallo is a nice cheap bridge player, and Clifford's toughness probably isn't going to be replaced by a 20 year old.

This should be one of the most competitive camps we've ever had. That's a good thing. And most of the vets 'in the way' of any kids are on moveable contracts.

Fully agree on wanting the young players to earn a spot. Being competitive in the AHL should be a focus this yer too.

lumbergh

Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
To me it is not the coach but rather I hope we have players who contend and push for more minutes to the point it pushes Iafallo down the depth chart. I just hope our coach regonizes when a player deserves that push or chance.
Did you forget the whole Kovalchuk and Willie Desjardins story?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Did you forget the whole Kovalchuk and Willie Desjardins story?

nope. Kovalchuk should have been used better is a huge understatment. But Iaffalo, Kopitar, Brown looked better than Kovalchuk, Kopitar and Brown (even if it was tried only briefly). Only player who I think should have been given more of a shot up there is Wagner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad