Guelph Storm 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
We know Hillis is captain but no announcement has been made yet as to who will be wearing the A's this season.
Didnt see any during the pre season.

Gotta imagine Ralph will have one. Beyond that maybe Lalonde, Stevenson, Uba or Gordeev.
Chayka....Stevenson..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Chayka is too young to wear the C. This is his first season with any minutes. My guess would be Ralph (lock-in), Stevenson, Lalonde.
.. Assistant capt.. this is his 3rd year.... heez the best D..
heez an 8.5 outa 10.. Lalonde ..maybe a 7
Chayka is too young to wear the C. This is his first season with any minutes. My guess would be Ralph (lock-in), Stevenson, Lalonde.
why did lalonde get big minutes after Sudbury.. he was average plus.... IMO

Reactions: Lycanthrope

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
.. Assistant capt.. this is his 3rd year.... heez the best D..
heez an 8.5 outa 10.. Lalonde ..maybe a 7

why did lalonde get big minutes after Sudbury.. he was average plus.... IMO

Chayka is 16. This will be his second season. Letters are not awarded based on best player, it's leadership and character.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Chayka is 16. This will be his second season. Letters are not awarded based on best player, it's leadership and character.
chayka is 16?...really?..I don't think so.. I have never seen ONE instance of a character issue.. and he would not have played1 second on a top Russian all star team without great stature.. nobody on storm at D.. would even get a sniff.... IMO..

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
chayka is 16?...really?..I don't think so.. I have never seen ONE instance of a character issue.. and he would not have played1 second on a top Russian all star team without great stature.. nobody on storm at D.. would even get a sniff.... IMO..
Storm lines:
Bakanov/Hillis/Ralph
Stevenson/Roach/Uba
Gogolev/Zhilkin/Collins
Papais/Walker/McFarlane
Scratches: Maillett/Sikic
Defence:
Chayka/Lalonde
Gordeev/Profaca
Terry/Hiebert

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

Google him. October birthday. Going into his second year. I have nothing against Chayka, he's a great player. Just saying I'm not sure 16 year olds get the letters that often.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Google him. October birthday. Going into his second year. I have nothing against Chayka, he's a great player. Just saying I'm not sure 16 year olds get the letters that often.
looked on team on storm sight.. you're right.. 2 years.. but listee as a 2002....isn't that 17?.. he hada rough night tonight.. Lalonde just went off in last minutes on penalty..hava good night anyway ..they did well overall...so far..penalty shot.. ..why Hillis?.. heez nothing special yet this year..oh well.

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
one point anyway..
Pleasantly surprised taking the supposedly highest east team to shootout. Chayka was not good tonight. Daws was very good and we need him.
I know it is the first game but our passing was off to say the least. Definitely could have walked away with a win near the end but andree made some stellar saves.
All in all not so bad considering all the newbies

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Pleasantly surprised taking the supposedly highest east team to shootout. Chayka was not good tonight. Daws was very good and we need him.
I know it is the first game but our passing was off to say the least. Definitely could have walked away with a win near the end but andree made some stellar saves.
good summary.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Hey Storm fans, the 121 Red Arrows Air Cadet Sqd are once again fundraising by selling game tickets. These tickets are 18.00 each or 17.00 for 3 or more. If you are interested check us out on Kijiji for the games they have or at 121redarrows.ca.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013

Agreed. Daws was the only reason that game was close. If he can play like that all year (I know he can't play that well all year, but at least on the whole), this team could be not as bad as advertised.

As you said...pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: hocknow

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
looked on team on storm sight.. you're right.. 2 years.. but listee as a 2002....isn't that 17?.. he hada rough night tonight.. Lalonde just went off in last minutes on penalty..hava good night anyway ..they did well overall...so far..penalty shot.. ..why Hillis?.. heez nothing special yet this year..oh well.

October birthday makes him 17 in....October

Reactions: storm surge

Bruins10

Mar 31, 2016
Piggybacking on StormWatcher's question, are the conditional picks received in the Merkley trade contingent upon him playing for the Petes only, or do they still belong to the Storm since he will be playing in the OHL? It will be interesting to see if Dale/Mark Hunter are able to curtail Merkley's immaturity and world class sense of entitlement.

Reactions: storm surge

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Based only on what posters in the Petes and Knights blogs are saying, it seems the Storm gets the picks from Peterborough irrespective of where Merkley plays as long as it is in the OHL. The conditional picks the Petes picked up are to compensate for what they lost to the Storm.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
The Peterborough Examiner article about the trade also confirms that the Storm get the picks if Ryan Merkley comes back to the OHL

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
The Peterborough Examiner article about the trade also confirms that the Storm get the picks if Ryan Merkley comes back to the OHL

Thanks, I'm wondering what "the picks" are though. What year, from what team, etc? I tried to look it up on the OHL site but it doesn't go back that far. I suppose I could scroll through the old trade thread on here... will look if I have time, just didn't know if anyone knew off hand.

Philstorm

Oct 16, 2017
I found an article for a SB Nation in regards to the deal, it seems Guelph will get the following:
  • Peterborough’s 4th round pick in 2022 (conditional)
  • Peterborough’s 2nd round pick in 2023 (conditional)
  • Peterborough’s 3rd round pick in 2024 (conditional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad