Guelph Storm 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Cut the guy some slack, he was injured most of last season and they have only played 6 games. In the games I’ve seen he is one of the hardest working players out there and never takes a shift off
And add to that he's the new captain and those are big shoes (skates) to fill with any team, more so with all the young players on this team. That's alot of pressure to deal with.

Last edited:

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Lalonde had only played in one game of six this season with Guelph, and didn't play in this Saturday with Flint. Is he injured, or is there another reason that he's not playing???

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Lalonde had only played in one game of six this season with Guelph, and didn't play in this Saturday with Flint. Is he injured, or is there another reason that he's not playing???

He was away at a camp invite to start the season. I haven't heard of any injury.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Saw that on your thread after I posted. Nice to see things shaping up in Flint.
It is nice, and thanks for your support. This is a city with a long hockey history, and the fans here deserve some good things, and the community really can use a positive to rally around and help with local pride. Flint has found itself with a (mostly undeserved) black eye in recent years, and the OHL and the Firebirds can really help change that. It's great to see fans in other cities being happy and supportive of what's going on here.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
That is what I'm talking about. Big nights for Gogolev and Hillis. Papais and McFarlane line looked good.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
This weekend probably is a refection of how the season will unfold with the present cast of characters. When the top performers Hillis and Gogolev are producing and the goaltending is solid, the team will be competitive. There is not much at present in the way of depth scoring so the Storm must avoid long periods of time in their own end like against Sudbury. Stevenson, Uba, and Ralph will need to provide more consistently to help out the top two. The first and second year players have not yet shown a higher level yet although Zhitnik shows lots of flashes. If the team does a selloff especially of their top scorers, goals based on present performance will be hard to come by. This team so far has been refreshingly competitive and hardworking considering the losses. Based on the standings, the team's best shot is at one of the tail end playoff berths. My thoughts so far on the season.

Reactions: StormWatcher

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Hillis Gogolev and Dawes are carrying the team so far. Interesting to be ahead of London albeit with having played two extra games.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Secondary scoring is always great, lots of firsts last night. A team win, Hillis once again leading the way. Dawes has been steady, wasn't expecting that, but I am impressed. Second in GAA and first in save percentage, in the league. Impressed by Ben McFarlane, never takes a shift off, unafraid, hits everyone and anyone and took the challenge from an old and bigger player last night. Not a championship year, but a playoff spot looks good. Watching this team grow, mature and bond is going to be fun.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
If leafs have the remotest chance next year to draft Chayka;.. they'd be idiots not to..and bring in Gogolev too...I like this team base....a bit shallow but it looks great to me.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Secondary scoring is always great, lots of firsts last night. A team win, Hillis once again leading the way. Dawes has been steady, wasn't expecting that, but I am impressed. Second in GAA and first in save percentage, in the league. Impressed by Ben McFarlane, never takes a shift off, unafraid, hits everyone and anyone and took the challenge from an old and bigger player last night. Not a championship year, but a playoff spot looks good. Watching this team grow, mature and bond is going to be fun.

McFarlane & Peters are the same age. (1 month difference). Peters much bigger tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->