Guelph Storm 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Not a bad weekend overall but with a little luck, concentration, breaks, the Storm could have had an overtime shot at a win last night rather than losing it with less than a minute to go.

Reactions: hocknow

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Goalies both look strong. Bakanov too.

Attendance looked weak for both Friday games......that just the angle on TV, or have the home crowds been light?

Reactions: StormWatcher

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Goalies both look strong. Bakanov too.

Attendance looked weak for both Friday games......that just the angle on TV, or have the home crowds been light?

The banner raising night drew a big crowd. That was the game more casual fans attended, then not the next weekend. Unless the team is on fire early season is usually pretty light.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
RCS, according to the OHL website the attendance for game one was 4446 and 3121 respectively, not all that bad.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
RCS, according to the OHL website the attendance for game one was 4446 and 3121 respectively, not all that bad.

My theory is that your more casual fan went to the opener for the festivities. They wouldn't then go back the next week. That 3100 for game 2 must definitely be inflated to include fundraising tickets, not those who showed.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Royal City Slicker my response was not responding directly to your comments but a follow up comment on Storm Watcher’s remarks about attendance being light in the season. I trust that this explanation provides a fuller understanding of the context in which that remark was made and its relationship to the prior discussion from Storm Watcher and not yourself.

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
My theory is that your more casual fan went to the opener for the festivities. They wouldn't then go back the next week. That 3100 for game 2 must definitely be inflated to include fundraising tickets, not those who showed.

Watching on TV, there was no way there were 3100 last Friday....unless the got in the Halloween spirit early and all dressed as empty seats ;)

Anywho.....doesn't matter. I was just curious. For me, it's a little pricey to take the family of four to a game - understanding it's not just ticket costs, its all of the other stuff in addition - and perhaps it's starting to show that maybe it's not just me. That said, it's still reeeeaaallllly premature to be coming to a conclusion like this.

For those going tonight - hope you enjoy the game. Apparently there is a meet and greet with Renata Fast (Canadian Women's hockey player) which if you've got a daughter (or a son for that matter), might be a neat experience.

Reactions: storm surge

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Watching on TV, there was no way there were 3100 last Friday....unless the got in the Halloween spirit early and all dressed as empty seats ;)

Anywho.....doesn't matter. I was just curious. For me, it's a little pricey to take the family of four to a game - understanding it's not just ticket costs, its all of the other stuff in addition - and perhaps it's starting to show that maybe it's not just me. That said, it's still reeeeaaallllly premature to be coming to a conclusion like this.

For those going tonight - hope you enjoy the game. Apparently there is a meet and greet with Renata Fast (Canadian Women's hockey player) which if you've got a daughter (or a son for that matter), might be a neat experience.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Sorry. Somehow sent off R.C. Slicker's comments. Understand your point. Last year attendance went through the roof at the end. It will be interesting to see how it holds up through the next couple of likely lean years.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
If your interested, you can get tickets for the game tonight and other games for 18.00 per ticket or 17.00 for 3 or more. Good seats section 104 rows 2,3,4.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Another gutsy performance tonight. Dawes continues to play well, not spectacular but steady. Dressing 12 rookies against a team consisting of mainly 18 and 19 year olds and fighting back to get a point I say well done.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Early sample size stats and thoughts:

4 players are over a point per game, and without Hillis among them.
Chayka leads the way with 7 points and is a plus 6. The all around great defenseman who will lead the next Championship.
Daws sits at a 94% save percentage and 1.92 GAA. His work in the off season is paying off.

Things to work on, but overall the future of this team looks good.

stormcity

Aug 25, 2015
So far the kids have been alright. Not perfect but they are out there every game working hard, something that was lacking the last time we had a rebuild.

If they keep this up, those scores will go from 4 - 3 for the other team to 4-3 for the Storm.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Early sample size stats and thoughts:

4 players are over a point per game, and without Hillis among them.
Chayka leads the way with 7 points and is a plus 6. The all around great defenseman who will lead the next Championship.
Daws sits at a 94% save percentage and 1.92 GAA. His work in the off season is paying off.

Things to work on, but overall the future of this team looks good.

Stats on Daws look pretty good. Any chance he is drafted in the future, if he keeps this up?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Stats on Daws look pretty good. Any chance he is drafted in the future, if he keeps this up?

Wait and see. He's got the size and worked hard to get in shape in thr off season. With goalies it's tough to say. Not a lot of spots to be had. I wouldn't call him exceptional yet unless these numbers are there come January.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Looks like as good a trade as could be expected. Maybe they should hold onto Gordeev until closer to the deadline to get that huge last minute haul of assets that seem to be getting higher every deadline.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Looks like as good a trade as could be expected. Maybe they should hold onto Gordeev until closer to the deadline to get that huge last minute haul of assets that seem to be getting higher every deadline.

Not sure on the market for Gordeev but I'm hoping Hillis puts up some big first half numbers... that move could solidify the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad