Guelph Storm 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Not sure how I missed that. The defenceman is missing. Too bad. Boston drafted him in nhl draft
can we get an explain from GB..is this a wasted pick...?..no excuse for that..not with the future we face re;..draft picks..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
can we get an explain from GB..is this a wasted pick...?..no excuse for that..not with the future we face re;..draft picks..
just realized;.. some papers to come here take a while.. must wait till thats done to list on team.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
should be;... but the team needs more size depth on D..

As a body or trade bait, obviously it's a good sign. Hoping some trades are made sooner rather than later to recoup picks and get the crease/OA situation sorted if that's the case.

Amped to get it started. Even though it's a rebuild I can't wait to see the new group.

Reactions: storm surge

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Gordeev did sign with Minnesota so I dont expect him to stick around here. Perhaps use the Storm camp to jumpstart his season before Wild camp gets going.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Gordeev did sign with Minnesota so I dont expect him to stick around here. Perhaps use the Storm camp to jumpstart his season before Wild camp gets going.
You're probably right, but he was a mess in Flint and mostly a bottom pairing guy for you guys down the stretch right? I don't see him going from 3rd pair OHL D (even on a stacked Championship team) to AHL defenseman this year. So is it better for Fedor to develop in the O for one more year or spend most of the year in the ECHL?

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
passing strange ;.. neither our 1st pick in euro draft ...nor our 2nd pick who isn't listed for camp at all; but played some Russ under 18 team time.. (you don't play that outa beer league play).... Some listed as "elite "prospects..coming to camp are hardly their equal wusup GB?..

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

I don't recall that happening with other players slated for the AHL. At this level they're training all summer, so I can't see attending an OHL camp with prospects who are 16 and may or may not make an OHL team being in the plan if he was going to be in the Wild system next year. May stick around at this point.

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
This is just a dept Chart not the line i think it will be this team is too all over map to do that lol but you guys neeed some Defense

LWsCRW LDRD G
Pavel GogolevCameron HillisKeegan Stevenson Fedor GordeevOwen Lalonde Nicolas Daws
Eric UbaLiam HawelCedric Ralph Daniil ChaykaClark Hiebert Owen Bennett
Zachary RobertsJacob MailletTy Collins Zack Terry Luka Profaca Anthony Popovich
Danny ZhilkinMarko SikicBen McFarlane Brendan BoyceOwen Richer Tanner Wickware
Steven GrantCooper WalkerMatthew Papais David Mabey Will Craig
Jacob Roach Braeden Bowman Felix Schnell
Gavin BrownJoseph Marra
Jacob CoulsonQuinton Pepper
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

RED=OA ONLY 3 can stay BOLDed is what i think
Orange = U18 draft
Brown = Players looking for a spot
Purple is newly traded or go in a trade
light Blue = Signed
Pink - Import
Lime green - a spot in jeopardy, COuld be traded or released
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Was at scrimmage tonight.. impressive start for Bakanov..big mobile good hands .. fast ..great passer....team looks great for early conditioning..lotsa depth..lotsa talent didn't play tonight.. (Gogolev.. Roberts..Stevenson..Hillis...Zhilkin is smooth talent....I'm really impressed by this team base..ALREADY!.. Chayka is in great form..# 21 White team..Small but tough with ton of hustle..McKnight...... ..

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Storm with another trade today picking up 2001 born defenceman Alexandre Houge from Sarnia for a conditional pick. Has 80 OHL games under his belt. A bit more experience on the back end was a big need for this team and they get some without breaking the bank.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
The information on Guelph Today indicates that he was a second round pick in his draft year but has not reported. If he reports to Guelph and lives up in some way to his ranking, this could be a worthwhile pickup.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
run his name through you tube....if he didn't report ;....it must be this year..or maybe last year....Hope our Russ 2nd pick gets clearance soon........see y'all Sat. night.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
two small D .. 1 in trade .. one free agent..in two days .....wusup GB?..esp.. with import draft #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad