Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molson Muscle

May 27, 2007
Just speculation but Poirier would have a no trade clause as a 1st round draft pick. Not sure Kirwin and Woolley have no trades?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Stevenson - Suzuki - Entwistle
Schnarr - Hillis - Ratcliffe
Gogolev - Hawel - Toropchenko
Roberts - Ralph - Collins

Samorukov - Lalonde
Durzi - Hanley
Gordeev - Phillips
Chayka

Popovich
Daws

Ratcliffe/Suzuki/Schnarr
Gogolev/Hawel/Entwistle
Ralph/Commisso/Toropchenko
Stevenson/Hillis/Robertson
Collins

Samorukov/Durzi
Phillips/Gordeev
Hanley/Lalonde
Chayka

Also... man, it's nice to have Sammy back and the addition of Phillips.

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Ratcliffe/Suzuki/Schnarr
Gogolev/Hawel/Entwistle
Ralph/Commisso/Toropchenko
Stevenson/Hillis/Robertson
Collins

Samorukov/Durzi
Phillips/Gordeev
Hanley/Lalonde
Chayka

Also... man, it's nice to have Sammy back and the addition of Phillips.
I hope this gets done! I would love to see Suzuki, Durzi, Phillips together. And Storm load up to take the west! :)

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
What Kinda Future you got with that lineup ??
Gogolev/Hillis/Stevenson
Ralph/Hawel (?)/Robertson (OA's)
McFarlane/Collins/?

D will still have Chayka to build around, Lalonde, Profaca looked solid as a call up, Terry.

So far there are still picks to draft next season, 2 open Import spots which tend to be solid players...

Frankly if GB can bring in that many elite players and not give up Chayka he wins GM of the year.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Gogolev/Hillis/Stevenson
Ralph/Hawel (?)/Robertson (OA's)
McFarlane/Collins/?

D will still have Chayka to build around, Lalonde, Profaca looked solid as a call up, Terry.

So far there are still picks to draft next season, 2 open Import spots which tend to be solid players...

Frankly if GB can bring in that many elite players and not give up Chayka he wins GM of the year.

Sorry - we must have posted at the same time. Great coverage on the youth in the system.

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Wow great win!!!

“That Was Awesome”!!
I think some of the 9000 Green might have been having flashbacks of April 2014 tonight.

Hopefully the deal for Suzuki/Durzi goes thru tomorrow. The team gets time to practice, gel and the injured players all get better. Good hockey on the horizon.

What a difference from watching the 6 show.

houndtastic

Apr 16, 2016
Looks ok - still have the majority of base picks left and can get the others back in future transactions
Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database
Looking on that database it shows you only have 3 2nds in next 6 drafts same as the hounds and if suzuki and durzi deal gets done atleast 2 if not all 3 of them will be in the deal having 1 or none 2nds in next 6 drafts i wouldnt call that draft cupboard ok but thats just me.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Looking on that database it shows you only have 3 2nds in next 6 drafts same as the hounds and if suzuki and durzi deal gets done atleast 2 if not all 3 of them will be in the deal having 1 or none 2nds in next 6 drafts i wouldnt call that draft cupboard ok but thats just me.
I haven’t seen the updated draft pick list - will check tomorrow if the deal goes through. We have next years 2nd round thus far, and are missing the next two years - good asset management could get those back in time. I’m not worried - I just wanna enjoy the ride this year after the last three.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
I, like most Storm fans, will be very happy having Suzuki/Durzi/Roberts wearing crimson.

One thing I found interesting though, if Woolley is indeed included, is that the Storm will have traded away their first 5 picks from the 2017 draft. Steven Grant (5 GP total) will be the only OHL player left from that draft.

Reactions: Attackfan72

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
I, like most Storm fans, will be very happy having Suzuki/Durzi/Roberts wearing crimson.

One thing I found interesting though, if Woolley is indeed included, is that the Storm will have traded away their first 5 picks from the 2017 draft. Steven Grant (5 GP total) will be the only OHL player left from that draft.

Unless the Jackson twins happen to surface from playing in the US.

Next year Popovich and Ralph will be decent OAs. Them along with Hillis can be traded for picks at next years deadline.

The following year Daws and Stevenson could quite possibly be 2 OAs.

Curious George can keep building the team back up for the 2021/22 season when Chayka, Terry, Collins will be in their fourth year.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Unless the Jackson twins happen to surface from playing in the US.

Next year Popovich and Ralph will be decent OAs. Them along with Hillis can be traded for picks at next years deadline.

The following year Daws and Stevenson could quite possibly be 2 OAs.

Curious George can keep building the team back up for the 2021/22 season when Chayka, Terry, Collins will be in their fourth year.
Plus you guys have some great prospects from that draft. Spencer Smith, Matthew Papais, Ayrton Martino are all playing great this year.

Reactions: Chico Maki

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
I only had the chance to listen to the game tonight, but was very pleased to hear the win was taken with a shortened bench of three forward lines - three former players not present due to the trade holdup plus the injured regulars missing in action as well. Can’t wait to see this squad once all the dust has settled and everyone is back healthy. This is gonna be a fun second half.

jondeer

Oct 20, 2017
upload_2019-1-9_1-38-39.jpeg

Reactions: Attackfan72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad