Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Dominant first period by the Storm with a 2-0 lead and 19 3 edge in shots. The Rangers did hit a post though so it is still anyone’s game with a break here or there

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
What’s up with the goal judge and his light show? All goals are reviewed anyway, might as well give these guys a red flag to wave. Why do they have to hold on to a cord?

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Full credit to the Rangers for getting 2 back but what is it with the lack of a Storm defensive system. Toropchenko put it over the boards and Kitchener has a power play

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
sometins missing on this Storm team.. is it heart?..coaching ..are rangers really so good to have puck ona string for huge parts of second and third..good rangers didn't get that 3rd goal.... Burnett looks flat behind bench..C'mom sparky..light em up..shoulda bin 6- 2

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
sometins missing on this Storm team.. is it heart?..coaching ..are rangers really so good to have puck ona string for huge parts of second and third..good rangers didn't get that 3rd goal.... Burnett looks flat behind bench..C'mom sparky..light em up..shoulda bin 6- 2
I blame coaching a lot here. The first two lines look exhausted halfway through second. Both goals on same like as we look tired and not covering up, making mental (tired) mistakes. Depth is so important but of you don’t coach with it, then it is worthless.

Can’t believe Poppy didn’t get a star that is a joke.

Gogolev does not look good. Stephenson still has some catching up but at least he was involved. Gogolev wasn’t anywhere.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I blame coaching a lot here. The first two lines look exhausted halfway through second. Both goals on same like as we look tired and not covering up, making mental (tired) mistakes. Depth is so important but of you don’t coach with it, then it is worthless.

Can’t believe Poppy didn’t get a star that is a joke.

Gogolev does not look good. Stephenson still has some catching up but at least he was involved. Gogolev wasn’t anywhere.

Ditto on coaching - Gordeev logged way too many minutes and was the cause of some defensive breakdowns. His "pass" to Toropchenko led to the delay of game.

Loved what I saw from Commisso... he was possessed!

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Ditto on coaching - Gordeev logged way too many minutes and was the cause of some defensive breakdowns. His "pass" to Toropchenko led to the delay of game.

Loved what I saw from Commisso... he was possessed!

Phillips spasm and failure to clear the puck out of the zone on the right hand boards, led to the penalty to Toropochenko

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus

Not sure what it is but some games they just lack that killer instinct to put it away. Great first period and that fire was there but from the mid to late second period on it was all Rangers and the Storm looked like they backed off - it they had played the whole game like they did the first period they would have put it away and there would have been less fingernails in the aisles.....

Reactions: storm surge

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Phillips spasm and failure to clear the puck out of the zone on the right hand boards, led to the penalty to Toropochenko

It was Gordeev who had the puck in his stick and all the time in the world before flinging it toward Toropchenko.

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
It was Gordeev who had the puck in his stick and all the time in the world before flinging it toward Toropchenko.
I may be on my own here but I said it before. Besides Gordeev’s size, I don’t see anything else. Thought this well before we acquired him. Physically too slow, (his processor) way too slow with puck decsions, even during simple plays and on top of that he makes the wrong choices constantly. IMO he is our 6th D and will cost us at some point. Wooley would have been better here hands down.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
I agree that the team stepped off the gas part way through the 2nd and the defense....well we'll just leave that alone. I think the reason they started getting so timid was they had the lead and they were afraid of taking penalties as the Rangers were poking the bears to try and get a response and draw penalties which the refs were just chomping at the bit to give out. Almost drooling to to do so. Arms were twitching just waiting to go up. I like the fact that they didn't bite. I also like the fact that they were taking the middle away and double teaming the puck handler, a little more spirit in the corners and with puck battles. I'd say a great first game, getting the nerves out and coming up with the win.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
miss Wooley yes.. Gordeev will come around..Gogolev could have a bit of flaring in his ankle..depth must be used indeed... onward and forward Storm..

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I may be on my own here but I said it before. Besides Gordeev’s size, I don’t see anything else. Thought this well before we acquired him. Physically too slow, (his processor) way too slow with puck decsions, even during simple plays and on top of that he makes the wrong choices constantly. IMO he is our 6th D and will cost us at some point. Wooley would have been better here hands down.

You are not alone. My guess is when Durzi is 100% he will return to top 4 and Gogolev will drop down, I hope that happens soon for the sake of the team.

Gogolev will also shine when returning to 100%. They're getting eased back in. When all healthy - this team's F and D depth is formidable.

Bruins10

Mar 31, 2016
Just wanted to concur with Norternstormfan re: drawing penalties. While it wasn't the greatest game they've played this season the one thing that stood out for me was the fact that they didn't seem to engage in the goading from the Rangers after the whistle. As the series moves along I'm sure this will only escalate and it will become increasingly difficult to turn the other cheek. The discipline shown was refreshing to see and will go a long way in determining the outcome of this series. Referees can go a long way in keeping this in check by singling out, early on in a game and applying the unsportsmanlike conduct rule they have at their disposal.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
miss Wooley yes.. Gordeev will come around..Gogolev could have a bit of flaring in his ankle..depth must be used indeed... onward and forward Storm..
Sorry there is NO WAY you are getting Wooley back you will have to go thru me personally. lol I'm joking about that but I love the way Mark plays he is and will be a big part of the next couple years for us. He played a very solid game 1 against the Hounds.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Sorry there is NO WAY you are getting Wooley back you will have to go thru me personally. lol I'm joking about that but I love the way Mark plays he is and will be a big part of the next couple years for us. He played a very solid game 1 against the Hounds.

I can tell you Mark Wooley is extremely highly regarded by the Attack brass, and will be a team leader for years to come.

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
I thought Rangers were targeting Durzi all game- good strategy for them but don't start crying when Guelph starts laying on the body. Although it is hard to get a legal hit on the Ranger forwards- whats a legal chest hit on most players is a head shot on Kitchener.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Kudos to the Storm brass for Stormfest last evening. Weather wasn't the greatest, but the samples from the food trucks were great prompting me to purchase more from each. Very decent dinner.

Reactions: Cynical Canadian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad