Value of: Gudas/Simmonds package deal to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
People must not watch Gudas play. As a Leafs fan, would love to have him.

Agreed

Anyone comparing Gudas to Polak clearing never watched Gudas play......he’s a solid top 4 D with two years term. Love to have him. Simmonds is a solid top six forward and good PP guy who scores goals. Asking for both would be expensive package

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Then no deal to be made. You dont trade Kapanen who's got 10 goals 11 assists in 30 games. PKs and has elite speed for depth moves. Simmonds wouldn't be resigned so that's an absolute no go for the Leafs.

You don't know if Simmonds wouldn't be re-signed. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if he fit in well with the team, he's the perfect candidate to re-sign. For one, he doesn't appear to be greedy financially. I think if he feels he can win a Cup or Cups with the Leafs, he'd give them a major discount on term and salary for the chance to play at home.

If that is the case, the Leafs could deal Nylander for a D upgrade and re-sign Simmonds on a discount up front.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Simmonds is first at the deadline. Given the leafs first will be late, probably a 3rd as well.

Gudas is 2nd + decent prospect, if he was even available, but he likely isnt.

There is no bulk discount.

Reactions: wufuhimself

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Objections? Yes....many.
If you take out Kapanen... that package is what Simmonds returns. Maybe even another very small throw in.

Gudas is known for all the wrong reasons. He has some of the best suppression metrics this year. Even in 2015-2016 (his other really good year) the player that nearly matched his suppression numbers (accounting for Ga%,Ga,+/-%rel, and so on)
Was the Norris trophy winner Doughty. Really good at his position.

Simmonds and Gudas at the same time requires more than when they’re sold apart which is different. The two of them add something the flyers need desperately: Scoring, Grit, RH shots, RHD, and a great defender.

I can see why the leafs say no and they probably would, but the people acting like

Simmonds + Gudas

For

Kapanen + Brown + 2019 1st / 3rd

Is a disgusting trade are either so biased, don’t know hockey, or are trolling.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
You don't know if Simmonds wouldn't be re-signed. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if he fit in well with the team, he's the perfect candidate to re-sign. For one, he doesn't appear to be greedy financially. I think if he feels he can win a Cup or Cups with the Leafs, he'd give them a major discount on term and salary for the chance to play at home.

If that is the case, the Leafs could deal Nylander for a D upgrade and re-sign Simmonds on a discount up front.

It's going to be hard enough to sign Matthews and Marner.

Simmonds may not he greedy but hes not going to sign for under 2 million.

Good rental option. Not someone they want to have long term IMO.

Reactions: matrixtrippin

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Any bubble team would beat that just to keep them away from the Leafs.

SImmonds/Gudas would improve Toronto more than just about any realistic trade

I agree. Another team would destroy that deal just so the Leafs couldn't get it done. The Leafs are already serious contenders... I honestly couldn't see a team who could beat them with Simmonds and Gudas ... if the only roster player going the other way was Kapanen.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I agree. Another team would destroy that deal just so the Leafs couldn't get it done. The Leafs are already serious contenders... I honestly couldn't see a team who could beat them with Simmonds and Gudas ... if the only roster player going the other way was Kapanen.

They could probably even avoid dealing him and just overpay with more futures

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
SImmonds
Gudas

For

Brown
Marincin/Holl
1st in 19
2nd in 20
That won't get it done, the Flyers can get playoff teams to bid against each other at the deadline for Simmonds and Gudas. As other posters have posted, teams will offer up more to keep them from being traded to Toronto. If the Leafs want them that bad, they'll have to pay. Based on their performance last night against the Bruins, the Leafs need some sandpaper players for their forwards and defence.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'd LOVE to have Simmonds but when the younger player is out producing the older player you keep the younger player, there is a deal for Simmonds but this isn't it

I can understand wanting to keep the younger player, but it's a little odd to say someone is outproducing another player when one plays with Matthews, and the other gets centered by Jordan Weal.

Again, perfectly ok with wanting to keep Kap, but context is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad