Value of: Gudas/Simmonds package deal to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Why would Toronto give up a first?!?

Late 1st to add grit and more depth?? I would be on board with. Leafs can afford to move the 1st for the first time in years to make the team more of a contender.

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Simmonds
Johnsson - Lindholm - Ennis

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Gudas

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
ufa rentals don't get that type of value
Rick Nash, Martin Hanzal, Brendan Smith, Michael Grabner, Derick Brassard, Patrick Maroon- you should look up these UFA trades. These all happened in the past 2-3 years

Especially the Rich Nash deal and he retired at the end of the year.

Hanzal was an overpayment literally to add size to MIN 4th/3rd line.

Smith returned what you think anyone not on TOR is worth.

Brassard as a M6 C option returned a 2018 1st and 3rd, pospect (meh), and Ian Cole.

Patrick Maroon, much much much worse than Simmer, but same play style returned a 3rd and a meh prospect.

Y’all need to get off your high horse of our players only return gold.

Simmer has more value than all at this time than they had at their respective trade deals besides possibly Rick Nash and that’s a maybe.
Not saying the return is that, but I think everyone underestimates the market of rentals.

*Derick Brassard had 2 more years on his deal- pointed out by someone on here to me*

Last edited:

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Late 1st to add grit and more depth?? I would be on board with. Leafs can afford to move the 1st for the first time in years to make the team more of a contender.

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Simmonds
Johnsson - Lindholm - Ennis

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Gudas
The are also in win now mode before RFA contracts come up.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Simmonds & Gudas would be pretty expensive package to get both.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
TO TOR
- Simmonds
- Gudas

TO PHI
- Kapanen
- Der-Arguchinstsev

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Simmonds sure, but they could have just kept Polak if they wanted a Gudas.
At this point I would put gudas ahead of polak, by a fair margin too. For the op, if Philly is out Simmonds will likely be rental price at the deadline ie. 1st+okay prospect or roster player with term, while gudas would be 2nd or 3rd+meh project prospect. So from a leafs perspective 1st+3rd+brown+korshkov+Gauthier. At the deadline of course; Philly can likely get a bit more if they sold off their assets individually though.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I'd hate to go up against the Leafs in a 7 game war with Simmonds and Gudas on that roster. The Leafs already have most teams beat in the coaching department and in the skill department. The addition of Simmonds and Gudas give them the sandpaper to get dirty with any team, including the Bruins.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Kapanen has shown great promise this season. Not a chance hes dealt for a pure rental.

Brown + 1st + lesser prospects or picks is the most likely deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad