Value of: Gudas/Simmonds package deal to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
A few years ago, he wont on record actually saying he wouldnt. Now, a lot has changed since then, so who really knows. But he wasnt a leafs fan growing up and said as such i believe.

Gudas is more likely anyways. 1st + brown offer stands. for Gudas + 4th

Reactions: Tripod

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
« Growing up in the outskirts of Toronto, Wayne Simmonds had a lot of red on his bedroom walls. He was a Detroit Red Wings fan in Maple Leafs country and idolized Sergei Fedorov. »

Thanks, i was too lazy to look up the article. Thought i remember Montreal being a favorite of his as well, but maybe im just confusing colors.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Brown has to be in the deal since the leafs need to make the deal as cash neutral as possible since both deals expire after next year.

Im ok with Brown coming back - i think hed be a good fit here and could help fill out our bottom 6 after we get rid of Simmonds. Flyers could easily retain on Gudas, as well.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Thanks and yep. Personally, I would offer 2nd and Zaitsev for Gudas. If that does not work probably go with Zaitsev and 1st for Gudas+2nd.
This makes no sens for the Flyers. They give up the better player for a worse player with a higher cap hit and 5 years remaining on the deal and barely improve on their 2nd round pick. This also means Zaitsev would have to be protected during the next expansion draft. Swapping a 2nd for a 1st barely moves the needle considering the Leafs pick is likely to be within 10 spots of the Flyers second pick. The Flyers give up Gudas and the 34th-38th pick and the Leafs give up Zaitsev and the 26th-31st pick? Huge no.

Last edited:
Reactions: PitchNHL

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Im ok with Brown coming back - i think hed be a good fit here and could help fill out our bottom 6 after we get rid of Simmonds. Flyers could easily retain on Gudas, as well.

If you retain on Gudas, then 1st + brown is fine, with no pick coming back.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Leafs would have to send back Kapanen or Kadri and other pieces to get Simmonds and Gudas. Gritty players that can score ain't cheap.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
maybe 3rd liners on one of the worst teams in hockey aren't actually good?
full

Reactions: Tripod

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Dubas on team toughness: “We focus a lot on the division and we’re usually bigger than the opponent and for whatever reason that takes on a whole life of it’s own, the whole toughness question. It’s at every level, with Soo and the Marlies. I don’t buy it."

he's not interested, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad