GTA VI???

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I keep seeing people say that Rockstar have projected a major revenue increase next year, which would suggest a closer release date? Unless the fiscal year somehow wraps around into 2025?

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Rockstar already announced the game over a year ago, they should have just waited until the trailer is ready to be released.

If the gameplay (shooting in particular) is significantly improved, the tone of the game is similar to previous entries, and the game is on PC day one, I'm interested.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Rockstar usually shows off the first trailer of a new game and then releases the game within six months, right?
My guess is 12 to 18 months. RDR2 was shown off in October of 2016 with a target of a late 2017 release, but it got delayed until late October of 2018. And, this was a game when Rockstar had a notorious crunch culture, which they've claimed to have removed post RDR2. Last big AAA game I can think of that was announced and then out within 6 months of so was Fallout 4.
I keep seeing people say that Rockstar have projected a major revenue increase next year, which would suggest a closer release date? Unless the fiscal year somehow wraps around into 2025?
The Fiscal year for them is April 2024-March 2025.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'm surprised we never got a remastered RDR2. They've spent so much energy bleeding the GTA series of every last cent, but just kinda abandoned that one. It was pretty amazing for being a prior gen game. Would've like to see what they could do with some extra horsepower. Oh well. Maybe we'll see a RDR3 in 5 years or so based on their once-a-decade refresh cycle.

But if they're putting the level of detail of RDR2 into GTA6, it'll be spectacular. Just gonna have to wait a while...

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm surprised we never got a remastered RDR2. They've spent so much energy bleeding the GTA series of every last cent, but just kinda abandoned that one. It was pretty amazing for being a prior gen game. Would've like to see what they could do with some extra horsepower. Oh well. Maybe we'll see a RDR3 in 5 years or so based on their once-a-decade refresh cycle.

But if they're putting the level of detail of RDR2 into GTA6, it'll be spectacular. Just gonna have to wait a while...
I think the issue with RDR2 and why it never got a massive refresh (and sadly why we may not get a 3rd one) is that RDR:Online never really took off. GTA Online has been a massive cash cow for Rockstar, which incentivized them to constantly update it for newer consoles. It's actually the one thing I'm worried about with VI alongside Dan Houser no longer being involved. Is that the game is likely being made for Online-live service first, and not for a great single player experience. Similar to how once they saw the success of Online they decided it wasn't worth their time to do single player DLC's for either of GTA V or RDR2.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I think the issue with RDR2 and why it never got a massive refresh (and sadly why we may not get a 3rd one) is that RDR:Online never really took off.

They never even bothered to finish releasing the main online story with Madame LeClerk who busts your character you make out of jail. As it just all up and ended with your character having killed 2 of the 4 people on her vendetta shit-list.

Kinda hard for online to blossom when they stupidly never gave a f*** about it. Or even gave it a proper chance to begin with.

So. Much. Wasted. Potential

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Will be interesting to see what a Rockstar game even is with only one Houser and no Benzies. GTA6 will be their first game since GTA2 without their 2 biggest names behind it.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
I think the issue with RDR2 and why it never got a massive refresh (and sadly why we may not get a 3rd one) is that RDR:Online never really took off. GTA Online has been a massive cash cow for Rockstar, which incentivized them to constantly update it for newer consoles. It's actually the one thing I'm worried about with VI alongside Dan Houser no longer being involved. Is that the game is likely being made for Online-live service first, and not for a great single player experience. Similar to how once they saw the success of Online they decided it wasn't worth their time to do single player DLC's for either of GTA V or RDR2.
I mean, a 4k 60 fps patch shouldn't be that hard. They already ported it to PC. Don't even need a remaster. They patched in 60fps in the RDR resale port atleast which gives me some hope.

Also, I wouldn't be so sure about never getting RDR3. Right now, likely everybody at Rockstar is on GTA VI. My guess (and hope) is that they start focusing on RDR3 afterwards.

Although I absolutely agree with the whole online and cashcow stuff.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
It’s not that Red Dead Online never took off, Rockstar abandoned it and never gave it a chance.
its a shame because it’s a really beautiful map, and I find myself playing it more than GTA Online because sometimes I just want to chill and explore instead of having to deal with griefers.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

According to the leak, GTA 6 will boast an elaborate aging system, introducing a unique gameplay mechanic where characters age over time. This groundbreaking addition means that the longer players engage with the game, the more their in-game character will visibly age.

Furthermore, the leaker disclosed that the game will incorporate a beard and hair growing system, allowing players to witness a dynamic transformation of their character’s appearance throughout their gaming experience. While aging and appearance evolution systems have been utilized in games like The Sims, the incorporation of such features into the Grand Theft Auto series remains uncharted territory and is generating considerable excitement among fans.

Reactions: John Price

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

According to the leak, GTA 6 will boast an elaborate aging system, introducing a unique gameplay mechanic where characters age over time. This groundbreaking addition means that the longer players engage with the game, the more their in-game character will visibly age.

Furthermore, the leaker disclosed that the game will incorporate a beard and hair growing system, allowing players to witness a dynamic transformation of their character’s appearance throughout their gaming experience. While aging and appearance evolution systems have been utilized in games like The Sims, the incorporation of such features into the Grand Theft Auto series remains uncharted territory and is generating considerable excitement among fans.
That's pretty wild. Especially if you think about how many in-game days players spend in the universe over time.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

...do they eventually get deleted from old age?

What's the scale, 20 year old to Crypt Keeper?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm imagining all of the possibilities:

* Regular quests to visit the eye doctor.
* Regular quests to get colonoscopies after reaching 50.
* Having your home location automatically set to a nursing home once you reach 75.
* Being able to use your walker as a melee weapon.
* Yanking NPCs out of their wheelchairs and stealing them.
* Running people over in your wheelchair.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad