GTA VI???

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Here’s hoping.

The update posted to the article is nonsensical. I understand that these writers aren’t professional reporters but after several reads I still have no idea what the author is trying to say.

Sep 19, 2008
so many rumors

one is that gta 6 will be completely online which is dumb. It already takes 50 hours just to connect to an online sessh in 5. If they cut down on that loading time I'd be open, but GTA wasn't always about selling out to the online community and making money off DLC. GTA used to be about the offline story and plot. Now it's all about online.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Shouldn’t we be getting trailers and stuff for next gen games by now?

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
We don't even have any release dates for the next gen consoles yet do we?

Q4 2020 is what Sony’s saying for PS5. So maybe 7 months away. Have to figure any games being prepared to launch with the system should be pretty far along in development.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I like the Brazil with a Narcos vibe rumor. Would be cool for GTA to go to a different time period again.
Wouldn't count on it. This is from Dan Houser,

"Did you ever think about exploring the UK further in the GTA games? Lots of people remember the GTA London titles quite fondly...

I think for us, my gut feeling is, GTA London was cool for the time, but games were more limited then. These days I think we would love to set a game in the UK, set in London, whatever, but I don't know if it would be a GTA game. I think there are plenty of great stories we could tell about the UK, great environments to showcase, great gameplay mechanics that could have a UK bent to them – I just don't think it would be a GTA necessarily.

There are so many games we'd like to make that we just don't have the bandwidth to make at the moment. But we always think, well the future is long and varied, and that's what the future's for. Speaking for myself – and normally I'd be as militant about saying 'we' as much as possible, because it certainly isn't only me at all, thank god – but my own personal feeling is that GTA is America. With this game, I think, we're very happy with the location. It let us do something iconic."

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Wouldn't count on it. This is from Dan Houser,

"Did you ever think about exploring the UK further in the GTA games? Lots of people remember the GTA London titles quite fondly...

I think for us, my gut feeling is, GTA London was cool for the time, but games were more limited then. These days I think we would love to set a game in the UK, set in London, whatever, but I don't know if it would be a GTA game. I think there are plenty of great stories we could tell about the UK, great environments to showcase, great gameplay mechanics that could have a UK bent to them – I just don't think it would be a GTA necessarily.

There are so many games we'd like to make that we just don't have the bandwidth to make at the moment. But we always think, well the future is long and varied, and that's what the future's for. Speaking for myself – and normally I'd be as militant about saying 'we' as much as possible, because it certainly isn't only me at all, thank god – but my own personal feeling is that GTA is America. With this game, I think, we're very happy with the location. It let us do something iconic."

The rumor I’d heard was that it would mostly be set in Vice City (Miami) with a South/Central American setting and islands in between. It’s always sounded pretty ambitious though, even for Rockstar.

I’d like to see them do a game in a realistic medieval setting, or against the backdrop of WW2.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Imo it will be the same three settings over and again. Next will be Vice City then it will be Liberty City followed by another San Andreas.
I so hope they dare to break it and do a GTA Chicago at least (no chance it will be set outside USA).

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Henderson is usually on the money when it comes to COD. He has sources in the right places with that series. Wouldn't surprise me if this is the case with GTA as well.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco
Sep 19, 2008
Previous ‘GTA 6’ Rumors Reportedly Accurate

On Twitter, user LegacyKillaHD shared that aside from the Project Americas leak, rumors about a female protagonist being featured in “GTA 6” are all correct. The insider claimed that “someone in the know” confirmed the Project Americas leaks to him. Earlier this week, the community was surprised when “CoD” insider TomHenderson mentioned in a tweet that “GTA 6” will feature a female protagonist.

While Henderson failed to provide details about this information, it seems that LegacyKillaHD knows more. In another tweet, he shared that this rumored female protagonist goes on a mission and interacts with other characters. “They also will do things & might even drive a vehicle,” the insider added.

Another persistent “GTA 6” rumor, which LegacyKillaHD confirmed to be accurate, is about Project Americas. The rumor believes that the game would be set in multiple locations, including South America and Vice City.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I feel like every time there's a new GTA game on the horizon the rumours are that it will take place in multiple locations. Maybe it will this time, but it sounds a little ambitious.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I feel like every time there's a new GTA game on the horizon the rumours are that it will take place in multiple locations. Maybe it will this time, but it sounds a little ambitious.
If any studio can do ambitious it is Rockstar. Just look at the manpower and time they threw at RDR2 (compared to CDPR did for Cyberpunk).

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Not for online play they haven’t :laugh::laugh:
Haha, I never got much into online anyway. I'd honestly rather they just focused on expansion DLC's or getting out their next game quicker (but I get the money in microtransactions). The way CyberPunk is coming along they might have a functional online game by 2077.

I honestly view multiple locations as what they did with San Andreas. Multiple sizable cities on the same map. Now, if they have two separate massive maps you can travel between that would be ridiculous.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I hope a new one is coming soon. It’s been 7 years since GTAV, and it’s pretty dated. I assume they had to deal with the limitations of the ps3/360. I’d imagine it’d be quite an upgrade with the current hardware.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad