GDT: Group F • May 9 • Canada 3, Sweden 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
How so? Reimer has a better SV% on a crappier team.

This is the first season Reimer's been better than Bernier. There is a reason Bernier was Team Canada's WJ goalie, a 1st round pick and the best goalie in the AHL (twice?) while Reimer has had a far less impressive resume to date.

I guess if we base everything on this past season, Kesler is a better goal scorer than Ovechkin, right?

Like I said, there isn't much to seperate them at this point. One guy getting to start on a lousy team while the other was a backup to a quality #1 goalie changes little. Give it 5 years and then you'll likely get to see who is truly better.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I'm fine with Bernier or Dubynk in net too. But next time can people that post here not say that "Nonis is GM, so Reimer plays" because last time I checked Bernier is getting his 2nd straight start BEFORE Hitchcock decides who he will roll with.

Also, when Reimer gives up a goal due to bad coverage = bad goalie. When Bernier gives up a bad goal due to bad coverage = bad coverage.

How does that make sense?

People should just stop their dogfights. All THREE goalies are good. Period.

Thank you!

I don't know why people feel the need to cut down any of the goalies we have in the line up. They're young and inexperienced but they've shown to have some nice potential to keep tabs on. You don't need to insult one in order to compliment the other. Can't watch the game right now...feed won't work :( But I'll be rooting for the guys to pull out the win. I could care less if a win means we face Russia.

Davebo*

Outstanding officiating!

The iihf really spares no expertise at this tournament. Such skill from the officials... :rolleyes:

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
The puck was under Ersberg and behind the glove. Then he hit him on the glove and the puck went in. Dont think it should have been a goal, dont now what the rulebook says but its too late anyway. Go Sweden!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad