wcz.gif
Jiří Gebauer|Linesman
wfi.gif
Jussi Terho|Linesman

Last edited:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think Canada wins..but if Bernier has another stinker than we don't have a chance. He's gotta make the easy saves.

PeacEnforcer

May 6, 2011
Swedes will get beat, if the performances we've seen so far is anything to go by.
The only factor in favor of the Swedes seems to be goaltanding: Fasth has been almost examplary at these worlds, whereas Reimer doesn't look awe-inpiring at all, to put it mildly. He is no Hasek, that's for sure.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Reimer isn't playing. Bernier is..second of all Reimer has been pretty good in this tournament other than one bad goal..Once again, Reimer is brought up..this time for a game he's not even playing in haha. And people wonder why the Leafs get so much attention ;) People can't stop talking about them.

PeacEnforcer

May 6, 2011
Reimer isn't playing. Bernier is..second of all Reimer has been pretty good in this tournament other than one bad goal..Once again, Reimer is brought up..this time for a game he's not even playing in haha. And people wonder why the Leafs get so much attention ;) People can't stop talking about them.

So it's even worse than I first thought: Bernier who??

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Player for player, Sweden should get destroyed.

We have Berglund and Fasth who is on par with the best in Canada. Grossman, OEL are injured, and Eriksson playing through an injury. The rest is a throng of crappioli.

Oh, I actually like Tedenby too.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Ersberg is supposed to start this game, not Fasth.

It's a shame such a nice matchup has so little importance this time.

That speaks for Sweden though, since we tend to win when it doesn't matter, and totally choke against Canada when it does matter.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Too bad this game is pretty meaningless, because if more were on the line it could be a good one. Canada has a much better team on paper, but as we all know in single games played on international ice anything can happen, I expect Canada to win but wouldn't be shocked to see Sweden pull it out.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Andreas Jämtin will also dress (and play) for the game tonight and Anders Nilsson will be the backup. Fasth will be watching the game from the stands.

I wonder if this is a game you really would want to win? The winner will play the 4th team in the other group and right now that's Russia (and they will stay there unless they beat Finland today).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spezza is centering Neal and Nash now IIRC.

Also this should be an interesting game. It's probably the most important one to the goalie debate. Unless Bernier has a really good showing today Reimer will get the call for the rest of the tournament. I don't think there's much of a difference either way I just hope that whoever ends up playing goal for us plays well.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
This Swedish team needs some serious reinforcements if they're gonna compete with any of topteams. Besides beating the US 6-2 , it's just been one mediocre match after the other.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
How is this game not important? The winner face russia, even though they havnt played well in the tournament they sure have an insanely talented team. I hate to see Sweden lose.. but in this case it would just be beneficial :p

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
This Swedish team needs some serious reinforcements if they're gonna compete with any of topteams. Besides beating the US 6-2 , it's just been one mediocre match after the other.

They only faced mediocre teams too. I think just like when they faced USA Sweden will now step up their game alot and bring down Canada.
Too bad Fasth wont play, his stats would looked alot better with another shutout :naughty:

Also, Anders Nilsson is Ersberg backup today. NOT Fasth. He is resting.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
I get tired of stupid Swedes that haven't gotten used to Swedish hockey in that Sweden always adapt to the level of competition. Sweden isn't like Russia or Canada that beats down a lesser team 10-1 (unless the opposing team just completely gives up). First Sweden plays a crap game against a bad team, say 3-1 against Kazakhstan and the next day beat Canada 3-2. Same story every year. Not saying I enjoy it but that's how it is, Swedish hockey players only exhube energy when it matters, always been that way. Russians are kind of the opposite though ;)

HockeyNorway

May 9, 2011
I think Canada wins..but if Bernier has another stinker than we don't have a chance. He's gotta make the easy saves.

I guess none of the teams wants to win this game. The loser will probobaly meet Germany which is a far easier opponent than Russia.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

How is this game not important? The winner face russia, even though they havnt played well in the tournament they sure have an insanely talented team. I hate to see Sweden lose.. but in this case it would just be beneficial :p

If the winner get's Russia, all I have to say is... Go Sweden ;)

winther88

Apr 13, 2010
Trollhättan
The question is if either team would want to win this one? I think it all depends on if Russia still will be 4th in the other group when this game starts.

If both teams are going to play their best I think we will see a tight matchup. Sure, Canada is better on paper but we all tend to overestimate them when they're playing on big ice surface. They are not even close as good as they are on the smaller ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad