GDT: Group F • May 9 • Canada 3, Sweden 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vezna*

kinda hoping canada loses this game so we don't face russia later this week lol

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I guess most of you forgot about the Olympics. Crowd chanting we want Russia! we want Russia! and we got them in the quarter-finals and promptly smashed them. Bring on Russia!!! Might as well face them now cause if we can't beat them then we aint winning gold anyway ;) Stop being so scared guys.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
kinda hoping canada loses this game so we don't face russia later this week lol

Don't fear losing, if we lose then we lose. Unlike most other tournaments, there is no pressure on Canada at the whc. There is more pressure on the Euro's and the Russians IMO. Respect everyone, fear no one.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
The puck was under Ersberg and behind the glove. Then he hit him on the glove and the puck went in. Dont think it should have been a goal, dont now what the rulebook says but its too late anyway. Go Sweden!

I believe the IIHF rules say that as long as the puck is deemed loose within the crease, if the puck is knocked in, the goal will be allowed. I haven't seen the play but if the ref had a clear view of the puck and could see that it was still in play and that the goalie had no real hold on the puck to deem the play frozen, the goal will count. If not, then it definitely isn't a goal. Again, I haven't seen the play for myself but that's the closest thing to a rule that I saw that was related to the situation described here.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
It sounds like the game is being played in a pet store full of ****ing birds or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad