GDT: Group E • May 9 • Russia 2, Finland 3 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
This team has SISU. Is this third or fourth time that we come back from losing and win the game?

Charlie Milles*

BTW I'm watching a Swedish stream and can understand easily enough...education is handy sometimes :)
:laugh:

I speak English, German, French and Gaelic. I don't know why you Finns think otherwise; must be the cold.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
Nice to see Lassila come back and play a great game, 4 out of 4 shootout saves so far. :handclap:

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
I was really surprised by how great Lassila played, especially after the awful Germany game. I was also surprised by how bad team Russia played they didn't really play as a team at all. Maybe they are just waiting for team Canada ?

Bieksallent

May 3, 2010
The Finns made that look so easy. Maybe Russia gets their stuff together when games really mean something but right now I don't have much faith.

Tissotti

Apr 30, 2011
Helsinki
Scoring is helluva hard, but on shootouts it looks the easiest thing ever.
Don't understand and neither will i care.

Great result after the horrible start.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
:laugh:

I speak English, German, French and Gaelic. I don't know why you Finns think otherwise; must be the cold.

Oh, I didn't know, kudos for that. Just saw some earlier posts in this thread about languages.

WIN! This is one tough team, climbing and clawing their way to a win time and again :amazed:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
We just know how to score. :)

Some one should tell them when they think about scoring problem on normal time. When they understand that they score all the time in SO, they understand that they just haveto be patient in the situation and put the puck up high in the net.

Good comeback, fourh (?) comeback of this tournament!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Where the Russian posters at? ******* fairweather fans, at least us Finns are posting whether we suck or play well. :p:

And pouskin74, Russia did suck. :laugh:

happysquirrel

May 9, 2011
Haha, 3-2 like I predicted after 1st period. I don't understand what Russia was doing. Looked like they wanted to lose?

Not the best game for either team, but nonetheless a nice win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad