GDT: Group E • May 8 • Czech Republic 3, Russia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

honza

May 8, 2011
Was that penalty shot for Czech a mistake from ref? Barulin said after the game that Czech player knocked Nikulin's stick off his hand. Do anyone have a Youtube replay of the situation?

here goes:

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Nikulin didn't throw his stick but you can see why the ref would think that he did. Not a brutal call as I initially thought but still a wrong one.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
After also viewing the three hits of Artukhin, I'd say the first one was a good one :handclap:
The second one was boarding and the third one was a very very cheap instigator stupidity :shakehead
Someone will flatten RUS #48 and I'll be smiling widely. Probably laughing.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
After also viewing the three hits of Artukhin, I'd say the first one was a good one :handclap:
The second one was boarding and the third one was a very very cheap instigator stupidity :shakehead
Someone will flatten RUS #48 and I'll be smiling widely. Probably laughing.

Artyukhin is #49 :thumbu:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
ROFL.
Many of you NA guys should watch games, not only read numbers from random sources.
1st line wingers: Morozov, Zaripov.
2nd line: Kovalchuk, Radulov
3rd line: Afinogenov, Ovechkin

Ah I forgot, Kovalev should be there too :help:

HOLY ****. :amazed:

Why is the Russian team always so stacked?

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Nope. He is being protected. Usually IIHF gives out suspensions and penalties for the slightest stuff, but not for this guy.. I don't get it really.
Is Artyukhin really a Canadian? I thought the IIHF was anti-Russian and that sort of protection is only reserved for Canadians.

:sarcasm:

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
HOLY ****. :amazed:

Why is the Russian team always so stacked?

their players always say yes, and their coaching staff has no problem telling lesser players to hit the press box to make room for an Ovechkin when he is eliminated from the playoffs.

Canada for example, never ever does this, if you commit to Canada, they commit to you.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
their players always say yes, and their coaching staff has no problem telling lesser players to hit the press box to make room for an Ovechkin when he is eliminated from the playoffs.

Canada for example, never ever does this, if you commit to Canada, they commit to you.

Lol, yeah, for sure, if given the chance, Canadian coaches would say "no" to Crosy or whoever else because "they commit to you"?
Come on, it's professional sports, not scoutism.

Vinner

May 1, 2010
ROFL.
Many of you NA guys should watch games, not only read numbers from random sources.
1st line wingers: Morozov, Zaripov.
2nd line: Kovalchuk, Radulov
3rd line: Afinogenov, Ovechkin

Ah I forgot, Kovalev should be there too :help:

Meh, if Zaripov/Morozov/Afinogenov were in the NHL no one in there right mind would trade Kulemin for them. Even if they packaged up all 3.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Meh, if Zaripov/Morozov/Afinogenov were in the NHL no one in there right mind would trade Kulemin for them. Even if they packaged up all 3.

And why should we care about the NHL? This is the world championship, and Morozov - Zinoviev - Zaripov is the best line of the tournament and definitely not for the first time. Kulemin has a lot to do before accomplishing as much as these players.

Fulcrum

Wait wait wait.. didn't Canada invite players and they declined? for example Camalleri?

Kenobody

Aug 17, 2007
43.88°N 79.3°W
Lol, yeah, for sure, if given the chance, Canadian coaches would say "no" to Crosy or whoever else because "they commit to you"?
Come on, it's professional sports, not scoutism.
The answer is yes. Hockey Canada's policy is that players who are named to the World Championship team remain on the team even if new players like Crosby are added. No player is ever cut because a higher profile player is named to the team.

Fulcrum

The answer is yes. Hockey Canada's policy is that players who are named to the World Championship team remain on the team even if new players like Crosby are added. No player is ever cut because a higher profile player is named to the team.

Worked out well for them in the last few years, eh?

And even with all this commitment, some Canadians are still declining to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
And why should we care about the NHL? This is the world championship, and Morozov - Zinoviev - Zaripov is the best line of the tournament and definitely not for the first time. Kulemin has a lot to do before accomplishing as much as these players.

Morozov - Zinoviev - Zaripov is the most familiar line of the tournament, nothing more. Send in a top NHL line to a north american sized rink and see what happens.

Kulemin has done the Russia thing, won MVP, and moved on to bigger things. I'd say he's accomplished plenty, including outscoring Morozov in a superior league. The only wingers listed who I'd consider better are Kovalchuk, Ovy and Radulov.

Last edited:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Worked out well for them in the last few years, eh?

They have won Gold, 2 Silvers and a 7th place finish in the last four years. Last year was an Olympic year thus they struggled in the tournament, but those are impressive finishes considering they've had to go against loaded Russian teams.

Fulcrum

They have won Gold, 2 Silvers and a 7th place finish in the last four years. Last year was an Olympic year thus they struggled in the tournament, but those are impressive finishes considering they've had to go against loaded Russian teams.

I'm glad that those results impress you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln