GDT: Group E • May 8 • Czech Republic 3, Russia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
I'm curious how the IIHF handles this. What a worthless piece of scum this Artyukhin.
According to the Czech team physician, both Michálek and Rachůnek should be alright.

Great news if they both can play in the quarters.

The hit on Michalek was dirty and should be a 1 or 2 game suspension but I have a feeling it wont be.

The hit on Rachunek was a 2 minute penalty at the very very most. He might want to strap his helmet on properly the next time he steps on the ice.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I hope Nakladal will be added to the roster after this match.. Too bad he didn´t play today

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I don't understand why the play wasn't stopped before the final hit on Michalek. So much chippy plays and borderline penalties that could have been called.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
After viewing the video three times, they all looked like clean hits. All of them except for the last one, which was clearly an instigator penalty, blind side, or attempted head shot.

edit: I still have preconceived notions before the "new nhl", I'm not as soft perhaps when I view these things.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
After viewing the video three times, they all looked like clean hits. All of them except for the last one, which was clearly an instigator penalty, blind side, or attempted head shot.

that's the moment we are talking about ofc

roto

Oct 26, 2009
Czechs were lucky for that penalty shot, that led to 3:1. Had it not happened, there would have been an OT.
??? What makes you think like that? Without that penalty shot the rest of the game would've been completely different than what it was now. Even only one pass intercept makes the rest of the game go differently.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
??? What makes you think like that? Without that penalty shot the rest of the game would've been completely different than what it was now. Even only one pass intercept makes the rest of the game go differently.

Nevertheless, the penalty gave the Czechs more breathing time.

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
Holy **** they just showed some replays from the game and Artyukhin tackled the Czech defenseman and Radulov laughing and giving him a high-five... classless.. the czech defenseman was bleeding badly too. *******, Artyukhin too!

2-3

This. I don't know what person you must be to give your teammate high five and laughing when you see opposing player injured and bleeding.

Nordic Pride

Jan 20, 2011
Sweden
What kinda wimpy board is this anyway? You can't say anything negative about a team without getting the post removed?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
let's not overreact and let's try to respect each other - this finns/cze gang up on Russia 'cuase of Artyukhin...come on...I agree the guy plays borderline dirty, Radulov is crazy at times(caucauses blood talks).

Congrats to the Cze, it was a good game, many cze players spoke out before the game in Russian media and made the game personal, Russia need discipline. What pleases me we only lost by a goal to probably the best team in the tournament and a reigning world champ.

Barulin was pretty good in net, should have stopped Jagr's shot and possibly Plekanec' as well, but nevertheless looked more ready than Naby.

TML g u n n e R s*

wtf is with kulemin on the 4th line, these russian coaches are ****** dumb

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
let's not overreact and let's try to respect each other - this finns/cze gang up on Russia 'cuase of Artyukhin...come on...I agree the guy plays borderline dirty, Radulov is crazy at times(caucauses blood talks).

He acts like that too often. Far too often.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Was that penalty shot for Czech a mistake from ref? Barulin said after the game that Czech player knocked Nikulin's stick off his hand. Do anyone have a Youtube replay of the situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad