GDT: Group E • May 8 • Czech Republic 3, Russia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum

Morozov - Zinoviev - Zaripov is the most familiar line of the tournament, nothing more. Send in a top NHL line to a north american sized rink and see what happens.

Kulemin has done the Russia thing, won MVP, and moved on to bigger things. I'd say he's accomplished plenty, including outscoring Morozov in a superior league. The only wingers listed who I'd consider better are Kovalchuk, Ovy and Radulov.

Morozov CAPTAINED Russia to 2 World Golds. He Captained his team to 2 KHL Championships. Kulemin hasn't played a game in playoffs yet and who knows what kind of player he is when it's crunch time. And this is why he is on the 4th line right now. I hope he continues his progress in the future.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
let's not overreact and let's try to respect each other - this finns/cze gang up on Russia 'cuase of Artyukhin...come on...I agree the guy plays borderline dirty, Radulov is crazy at times(caucauses blood talks).

Congrats to the Cze, it was a good game, many cze players spoke out before the game in Russian media and made the game personal, Russia need discipline. What pleases me we only lost by a goal to probably the best team in the tournament and a reigning world champ.

Barulin was pretty good in net, should have stopped Jagr's shot and possibly Plekanec' as well, but nevertheless looked more ready than Naby.

Respect each other? Well, Artyukhin and Radulov have absolutely no respect to our players, so I have no respect to them, that's simple.

But in other hand I respect the rest of the team and Russian fans. For example, Ovi plays very physical hockey, lot of hits etc. but always on players on puck and the main purpose is get the puck, not injure an opponent. But I'm afraid this style should cause him some health problems in future.

Yesterday, Ovi was invisible in the second half of the game. Kovalchuk was useless as usual, I really liked first line, they played very well from my point of view.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I'm thinking the Czech's are going to win this tournament. Very, very solid team.

Why is Kulemin playing 4th line minutes? He'd much better serve the team playing on the second or third with some skilled players. That's a little ridiculous.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I'm thinking the Czech's are going to win this tournament. Very, very solid team.

Why is Kulemin playing 4th line minutes? He'd much better serve the team playing on the second or third with some skilled players. That's a little ridiculous.

You're talking about the same team that is playing a line from a second rate league as their TOP line... and not winning a good portion of their games.

Also the same team that didn't take Bryz who is easily the best Russian goalie in the world.

Sadly, the biggest problem with Russian hockey, besides the complete lack of truely skilled dmen, is their inability to play as a team. This used to be the Russian strongest point. They've always had the skill, but the players play for themselves now and not as a team. Not to mention their coach is brutal.

And don't take this as me bashing Russian hockey, some of my favourite players ever (Fedorov, Bure, Larionov, etc) were Russian, and I grew up watching these guys. Besides Bure, all the stars that Russia were pumping out before were also very good Team players that knew how to play as a unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->