GDT: Group E • May 6 • Czech Republic 3, Slovakia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
I'm amazed how the CZE team can switch their play depending on the opponent. They can play either the tight defense looking for the breakaways or they can sit on the driver's seat.

For the crowd's sake I hope SVK scores the next one. Incredible atmosphere :thumbu:

edit: typo

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Slovaks look slightly better than I expected.

what did you expect? :amazed:

slovakia once again lacks the will to drive to the net. no passing game and everything far away from the goal. they need to start to create traffic in the slot. otherwise i don't see them scoring today.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
what did you expect? :amazed:

slovakia once again lacks the will to drive to the net. no passing game and everything far away from the goal. they need to start to create traffic in the slot. otherwise i don't see them scoring today.

I´m not sure what you were hinting at with this part, but there´s been way way too much passing from Team Slovakia in this tournament for my liking, the game against Germany was a highlight of this......agree about the rest....

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
I´m not sure what you were hinting at with this part, but there´s been way way too much passing from Team Slovakia in this tournament for my liking, the game against Germany was a highlight of this......agree about the rest....

wrong wording from me. with passing game i mean effective passes and not just this back-forth-back-forth. some players built no chemistry so far. they are able to play the easy passes a lot, but i don't see much creativity from those guys. and as much as i criticize slovakia for only using players past their prime (mostly), neither of the players lacked creativity during his career. i can understand being a bit slow or soft at that age, but the hockey sense should still be there.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
wrong wording from me. with passing game i mean effective passes and not just this back-forth-back-forth. some players built no chemistry so far. they are able to play the easy passes a lot, but i don't see much creativity from those guys. and as much as i criticize slovakia for only using players past their prime (mostly), neither of the players lacked creativity during his career. i can understand being a bit slow or soft at that age, but the hockey sense should still be there.

ahh, okay, that is pretty much what I think too.....

OilerOlli*

Slovakia has just too many old farts in their team. The czehh will win it.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Slovakia has just too many old farts in their team. The czehh will win it.

LOL. It´s not like the Czechs are the 2nd oldest team in the whole tourney behind Slovakia.....;) (average age: Slovakia 31,21 and CZE 28,96, which is both very far ahead of most of the other teams, which are around 24-26 sadly)

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I am sick of how the audience whistles all the time. Don't they ever get tired of it? :shakehead

Well, I guess it is also because there are pretty much two audiences there- Czechs do something good, Slovaks whistle...the Slovaks do something good, the Czechs whistle....but yeah there is way too much whistling this year, they have already showed they can do much better than that during this year´s WC.....it´s not like the whistling will help anything.....

OilerOlli*

LOL. It´s not like the Czechs are the 2nd oldest team in the whole tourney behind Slovakia.....;) (average age: Slovakia 31,21 and CZE 28,96, which is both very far ahead of most of the other teams, which are around 24-26 sadly)

But all the imoprtant players from Slovakia are so old. Demitra, Hossa, Satan, Handzus, Zednik, Stümpel, Nagy, Visnovsky.All over 30, many of them in the mid 30's.
You can't come far with such a team.
But even if they lose today in regulation they still has a chance.
Beat both, Denmark and Finland, what is a high possibility, let Russia win against Finland, and Slovakia would be in the Quarterfinals.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme

I remember at the end of the 90's or begining of 00's Latvia boasted the oldest team few years in a row, I guess, but might be wrong about "few years in a row", just because we had simply nobody to replace them. :laugh:

What's the sitrep with the Slovaks? Old brass hanging to their glory or no new players?

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Nagy-Šatan just wasted a perfect opportunity to score, thank the Gods.

(Slovaks are under a lot of pressure now...)

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
But all the imoprtant players from Slovakia are so old. Demitra, Hossa, Satan, Handzus, Zednik, Stümpel, Nagy, Visnovsky.All over 30, many of them in the mid 30's.
Beat both, Denmark and Finland, what is a high possibility, let Russia win against Finland, and Slovakia would be in the Quarterfinals.

Oh, trust me, I´m anything but happy about the way this team was built as I have expressed numerous times over here already....

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium

Based on what I've seen from SVK and/or RUS so far, I don't think they'll beat us. Well, the probability is not "high" for sure.

SVK is being steamrolled at the moment. Totally. They are slow, is it because being tired or is it a lack of will? I assume in front of a great crowd it shouldn't be a question of lack of will.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town

So u mean Halak is not important :loony:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I remember at the end of the 90's or begining of 00's Latvia boasted the oldest team few years in a row, I guess, but might be wrong about "few years in a row", just because we had simply nobody to replace them. :laugh:

What's the sitrep with the Slovaks? Old brass hanging to their glory or no new players?

Something like that.

OilerOlli*

Based on what I've seen from SVK and/or RUS so far, I don't think they'll beat us. Well, the probability is not "high" for sure.

SVK is being steamrolled at the moment. Totally. They are slow, is it because being tired or is it a lack of will? I assume in front of a great crowd it shouldn't be a question of lack of will.

I think both played better than Finland so far. Finlands luck should be out after today game against Germany.
Finland vs Slovakia will be pretty equal, though. With the support from the fans and a good day from the oldies Slovakia can win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad