GDT: Group E • May 6 • Czech Republic 3, Slovakia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
I think both played better than Finland so far. Finlands luck should be out after today game against Germany.
Finland vs Slovakia will be pretty equal, though. With the support from the fans and a good day from the oldies Slovakia can win it.

So in your opinion you were steamrolled more by SVK and RUS than FIN? Ok, everyone has a right to their opinion.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I remember at the end of the 90's or begining of 00's Latvia boasted the oldest team few years in a row, I guess, but might be wrong about "few years in a row", just because we had simply nobody to replace them. :laugh:

What's the sitrep with the Slovaks? Old brass hanging to their glory or no new players?

I think both played better than Finland so far. Finlands luck should be out after today game against Germany.
Finland vs Slovakia will be pretty equal, though. With the support from the fans and a good day from the oldies Slovakia can win it.

Really? Both Slovakia and Russia have played much worse than Finland. Finland only scored some lucky goals against germany, but it doesn´t change that they were the better team on the ice period. Russia has been absolutely atrocious except the game against Slovakia. As for Slovakia´s old farts, Finland is likely to be the team they have the biggest problems with as the Finns are super skaters, so I can´t really expect the old Slovaks to be able to skate with them especially after tonight´s game.

OilerOlli*

So in your opinion you were steamrolled more by SVK and RUS than FIN? Ok, everyone has a right to their opinion.

Slovakia fits better for Germany than Finland. In the last years we nearly won all the games agaonst Slovakia. And since always we have big problems against Finland. So it was a surprise that we were close to beat Finland today. I was negatively surprised about Finland. They needed 3 incredible fluke goals to make it to the ot.
Slovakia will find their game a bit better with the time I think. Especially with addition of Marian Hossa.
I don't see enough offensie power from Finland.
But I like Finalnds game for many years, so don't get me wrong...

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Shots second period: 20 - 7 (CZE - SVK)

Yupp, pretty much a one-way street in the 2nd. Although the last couple of mins SVK got back a bit. Would be interesting to see what happens if SVK could actually score from one of their 2-1 breakaways. Would be an incredible finish I guess.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Will be really interesting to see how bad the Czechs want this win.................. It's theirs for the taking... but they need to TAKE it and not expect anything ... A head on collision is about to take place. :amazed:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Cervenka wasting tons of scoring chances in this game as well as previous game. :thumbd:

OilerOlli*

Really? Both Slovakia and Russia have played much worse than Finland. Finland only scored some lucky goals against germany, but it doesn´t change that they were the better team on the ice period. Russia has been absolutely atrocious except the game against Slovakia. As for Slovakia´s old farts, Finland is likely to be the team they have the biggest problems with as the Finns are super skaters, so I can´t really expect the old Slovaks to be able to skate with them especially after tonight´s game.

Slovakia will be extremely motivated in that game. They need to win it, if they don't want to make this wc a disaster for them. Some great players like Hossa, Gaborik or Visnovsky could lead them to a win. And they have the clearly better Goalie than Finland.
I don't believe Slovakia will make it far in the torunament (quarterfinals will probably be the last game for them), but I see them a bit in front in a game at home against Finland.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Slovakia fits better for Germany than Finland. In the last years we nearly won all the games agaonst Slovakia. And since always we have big problems against Finland. So it was a surprise that we were close to beat Finland today. I was negatively surprised about Finland. They needed 3 incredible fluke goals to make it to the ot.
Slovakia will find their game a bit better with the time I think. Especially with addition of Marian Hossa.
But I like Finalnds game for many years, so don't get me wrong...

Yes, but the main reason why Germany was winning over Slovakia and not winning over Finland is pretty simple: Finland>>>>Slovakia....especially with the teams we´ve had in the WC in recent years...

As for Marián Hossa, he´s left me wondering whatever happened to that two way forward that used to own that very same name....disappointing tourney so far from him...and Gabby as well....

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium

I don't think you should be talking too much of fluke, when you got 2 goals for free today. Even if the whole game was played in your end of the rink :)

Yupp, possible. Still, it's an older team. I think we'll outskate them. Hopefully we can score one more than the opponent.

But I like Finlands game for many years, so don't get me wrong...

I agree. SVK certainly has offensive potential. Today they just haven't shown up yet. Maybe in the 3rd.

Still, we have scored more than either RUS or SVK. Today it was the goaltending that was the problem.

And no worries, this is just speculating and exchanging thoughts.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Cervenka wasting tons of scoring chances in this game as well as previous game. :thumbd:

He always does in these international tournaments... He's a killer in KHL, but doesn't ever seem to transfer elsewhere... I wish he would just become a beast already....:p:

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Weird goal but Michalek is just a monster in this tournament.. going to have to double team him lol

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Great pressure!!!! Lol! Appears that Elias and Michalek both hit that puck at the same time!!! They both get the goal!! hehehehe.. Very nice energy from the CZECHS!!! :handclap: ;) :handclap:

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
This may get ugly here for Slovakia... Czechs really have them on their heels... PRESSURE~~!!! :handclap:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
No joke, great pressure goal. Nothing wrong with that my brother~!! :handclap:

Yeah, right, there was clear contact between Eliáš and Halák and the game should have been stopped right there.....you can have great pressure without making contact with the goalie and touching his equipment and therefore limiting his ability to stop the puck.....jut wathc the replay please...

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
It's total dominance by CZE, just like in the 2nd, maybe even more.

Much more..... Maybe they should have gave more tickets to the Czechs hehehe. Don't make this team angry.. They turn Big and Green :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->