Euro: Group D: Czech Republic vs. Croatia, 6/17/2016

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
*sigh*

They do pat-downs even for league games.

That some people here are wondering is just hilarious. They clearly have no idea of what they're talking about and have never been to a stadium.

I've been to a handful of football games in Europe and have never been pat down. Granted none were in France, but still.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Shhhh...
You have to blame someone. And in this world, it's always the fault of others.

There's no doubt flares should enter any stadium. And that's the security's fault.
However to think it's even feasable to prevent any flare from entering is simply internet dumbasses thinking they know better from their couch and never entering a real stadium.

And as always, it's the fault of others. Not the dumbasses english fans who start trouble before their first game AND before their second, not the croatian fans who try to kill their own team, no it's SOOOOOO much easier to say it's the others' fault...

I know this is hard for you to understand, but multiple people can be at fault when something happens. It's kinda hilarious that you're going on about how everyone always blames others and then immediately go on and blame others.

No one is remotely excusing what the idiot "fans" did today. They're idiots and deserve every punishment they get and more. However, that doesn't change the fact that security has been sub-part thus far in the tournament.

I'm also not sure what "dumbasses english fans" have to do with things being thrown onto the pitch as the only issues with contraban in the stadiums has been from Russian and now Croatian "fans" But hey it's cool, it's all England's fault.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I got pat downs at large outdoor concert venues because they don't want people bringing in alcohol. Not sure why they couldn't do that here. I mean, given the threats that have been made, you would think France/UEFA would be taking security very seriously. France seems to be a little lax.

Clearly, you have inside info that they don't take threats seriously.

Clearly.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
*sigh*

They do pat-downs even for league games.

That some people here are wondering is just hilarious. They clearly have no idea of what they're talking about and have never been to a stadium.

They pat down everone? I find that hard to believe.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Like with most things nothing is black and white... Everyone deserves a fair share of blame. The idiots who actually caused the mess and those who's sole responsibility is stopping these things from happening. The bottom line is these events are always at risk and the security has been a joke, there's no way of getting around that.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Clearly, you have inside info that they don't take threats seriously.

Clearly.

Inside information? Of course not don't be absurd. The ability to think rationally and logically and deduce that the French security, who have allowed flares, flare guns, and banned supporters into a stadium so far this tournament - which is only a week long thus far - are probably not taking security as seriously as they ought to be given the threat from ISIS and the fact that French stadiums and the French National Team have been targeted before. Hell, they even had advance warning about the banned supporters.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Typical Evilo has to have a dig at the Poms even when Croatia plays Czech R.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I know this is hard for you to understand, but multiple people can be at fault when something happens. It's kinda hilarious that you're going on about how everyone always blames others and then immediately go on and blame others.

No one is remotely excusing what the idiot "fans" did today. They're idiots and deserve every punishment they get and more. However, that doesn't change the fact that security has been sub-part thus far in the tournament.

I'm also not sure what "dumbasses english fans" have to do with things being thrown onto the pitch as the only issues with contraban in the stadiums has been from Russian and now Croatian "fans" But hey it's cool, it's all England's fault.

I know it's hard for you to understand but I suggest you use your incredible internet skills and use the search feature.
Now, search every post by Shrimper on the soccer board.

WHATEVER happens, WHOEVER is the dumbass who acts like a dumbass, it's ALWAYS the french fault.
Go ahead.
Then maybe you'll understand my post and why I gave the english example.

And yes, people who act like criminals ARE the criminals.

Should I blame the US police for the Orlando massacre?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I know it's hard for you to understand but I suggest you use your incredible internet skills and use the search feature.
Now, search every post by Shrimper on the soccer board.

WHATEVER happens, WHOEVER is the dumbass who acts like a dumbass, it's ALWAYS the french fault.
Go ahead.
Then maybe you'll understand my post and why I gave the english example.

And yes, people who act like criminals ARE the criminals.

Should I blame the US police for the Orlando massacre?

Classy comparing the two. But to answer your question, it does seem like there should be some level of blame upon the FBI who were aware of him and should have done more to prevent him from being able to purchase a gun.

No one is saying that it is purely France's fault. The majority of the blame should be leveled at the idiots who threw the flares. That doesn't mean that French security is devoid of all blame.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Typical Evilo has to have a dig at the Poms even when Croatia plays Czech R.

Blame who you want I don't have a side, I don't care. I didn't even watch it live. I thought they were croatian, but if they aren't, then change it to whichever nationality they are.
Doesn't change those are dumbass fans, right?

I talked about the english because of Shrimper.
That got over your head, didn't it?

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Why are people still talking about ****ing pat downs? There are multiple pat downs before you can get anywhere near the stadium, I know this because unlike everyone else in the thread I have actually attended a match at this tournament.

Pat downs are pointless for something as small as a flare or a banger, both can easily be hidden in your underpants.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's a hilarious complex he has.

Actually, your obssession for blaming the french is HILARIOUS !!!

Let's all remember this golden post of yours :
English fans at it again, "rampaging" through Lille. Looking forward to hearing how this is also the French's fault

In Lille of all places they were obviously attacked unprovoked by beer.

RT.

No bias there!

Reports on the ground said there were minor scuffles. England fans tried to get away but were pushed into the square and tear gassed.

Well link up your unbiased report with an hour and a half of video. I was going to link the BBC but two thirds of their article was going on about what the Russians did a week ago
Police bias followed them, nothing major.

36 arrests, 10 in hospital.
Peanuts.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Classy comparing the two. But to answer your question, it does seem like there should be some level of blame upon the FBI who were aware of him and should have done more to prevent him from being able to purchase a gun.

No one is saying that it is purely France's fault. The majority of the blame should be leveled at the idiots who threw the flares. That doesn't mean that French security is devoid of all blame.

I wasn't comparing the situations but obviously the blaming.

I never said french security wasn't to be blamed. I said it in my VERY FIRST post.

What are crowd figures?

Hard to pat down 40-50k which is why it's harder to sneak something into a concert than a soccer match.
Around 20k.

Why are people still talking about ****ing pat downs? There are multiple pat downs before you can get anywhere near the stadium, I know this because unlike everyone else in the thread I have actually attended a match at this tournament.

Pat downs are pointless for something as small as a flare or a banger, both can easily be hidden in your underpants.

Shhh, you make WAY too much sense here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad