Euro: Group D: Czech Republic vs. Croatia, 6/17/2016

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Lost in all this is another "brilliant" piece of coaching by Cacic, midfield overrun in the last twenty minutes once Modric went and late substitutions again and he didn't do anything to fix it. The players will have a natural excuse now with the hooligans but once again a ex-YU team decides to play handball in the box in crunch time (Tomas vs. Australia, Vidic vs. Ghana etc..)

Cacic lost 2 points.

Late subs, wrong subs. He was completely frozen by the touch line, watching them get ran over after Modric went out.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Seems Frank covered a lot.

But as someone currently in France, they are doing full pat downs everywhere involved with the games. Twice on the way into Paris fan zone with once by an actual police officer.

That's said I was at Italy v Belguim and we were not patted down, but part of that was prior to the game was an absolute down pour and people were running all over the place.

Also, while there are names on tickets, they are not checked. Also, would be somewhat useless as only the purchaser of the tickets names is on the ticket. So my ticket has my friends name on them.

Finally, I had been in Lille the past few days (was at Russia/Slovakia where there was a flare in the stands despite a pat down ) and my got the English were all over singing.

Having fun?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Lost in all this is another "brilliant" piece of coaching by Cacic, midfield overrun in the last twenty minutes once Modric went and late substitutions again and he didn't do anything to fix it. The players will have a natural excuse now with the hooligans but once again a ex-YU team decides to play handball in the box in crunch time (Tomas vs. Australia, Vidic vs. Ghana etc..)

Croatia will probably finish third now, Czechs should beat Turkey, who look shot and another disappointing tournament only saved by the fact 16 teams progress. From what I read, Croatia won't be kicked out of Euro, they will be given a Russia type warning but I assume the punishment will come down the line, probably a points deduction from the start of qualification

Though this was very much pre-planned too, apparently its been known for days something was "cooking" and they even knew at what minute this was going to happen, which is why the riot police started to appear. The one thing which shocks me is apparently the flares were in the stadium before the match even started under the seats :shakehead But these are all rumors for now
Planting stuff under the seats is how this is done in 99% of cases like this. You pay off someone, or a guy who's connected with Ultras works with a security company etc. Like I said before those guys are well connected.

PS

There's a FB post saying the exact location of where the flares were hidden, with a plan of action. This post was published 3 hours before the game started.

Last edited:

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Having fun?

Yea! Really like Lille more than I thought I was going to.

2 downsides, you guys smoke like chimneys out here, the fan zones are making my allergies go crazy. And as someone from California, this rain everyday stuff is kinda a bummer. More rain in a week than I've seen all year. Though leaving for Bourduex tomorrow and it looks to have great weather!

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yea! Really like Lille more than I thought I was going to.

2 downsides, you guys smoke like chimneys out here, the fan zones are making my allergies go crazy. And as someone from California, this rain everyday stuff is kinda a bummer. More rain in a week than I've seen all year. Though leaving for Bourduex tomorrow and it looks to have great weather!
Yeah I told you Lille was nice. Lots of nice people there.

Smokes is definately a problem in public outdoor areas.

As for the weather, you're very unlucky. Last month has been desastrous for the most part. Even in the south.
Things should go more smoothly on that front next week I heard.

Have fun in Bordeaux ! Nice beautiful city, but less fun than Lille IMO. Brand new stadium.
Which game are you going to see?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Yeah I told you Lille was nice. Lots of nice people there.

Smokes is definately a problem in public outdoor areas.

As for the weather, you're very unlucky. Last month has been desastrous for the most part. Even in the south.
Things should go more smoothly on that front next week I heard.

Have fun in Bordeaux ! Nice beautiful city, but less fun than Lille IMO. Brand new stadium.
Which game are you going to see?
It's not a problem. There is likely more exhaust from cars. People don't mind that.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Looks like the famous Czech luck isn't exclusive to hockey.

PLeeease don't talk about Czech luck when the last and decisive group stage game is against Turkey.... 2008 feels like yesterday

As to the security matters, I think people are truly overestimating the extent to which these things are preventable through security measures given the connections between Ultras groups and stadium staff, team staff, security companies, etc. It's the same problem with why far-right groups are so rarely prosecuted by police - there is too much overlap. If tickets aren't being checked against IDs (which from what I've heard here is the case in some cases), I guess that's an area where things could be improved, but I also think they would still find other ways to get in - through various special/VIP tickets or through affiliated staff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->