Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Seems to me that all he needs to do is draw 3 or 4 guys and that should open it up for someone to tap it in.
Iceland is playing at times with 8 in one row. If they stay disciplined, it won't matter if he can draw 3, the players that are free will be outside.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Seems to me that all he needs to do is draw 3 or 4 guys and that should open it up for someone to tap it in.

Of course it is one with a lousy shot who then actually tries to shoot from outside of the box.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The exact reason I don't watch football more than every 4 years. Stalling and taking away the clock along with the fake injuries just to take time off the clock. The ref usually lets it go through because it's a part of the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caught the 2nd half and it's been Argentina's but they have not done much to break through Iceland's players who are sitting still when Messi has the ball.
It's been a semi-entertaining game.

Reactions: ehhedler

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I understand and respect the way Iceland defends, but Sampaoli needs to make changes the rest of the way. There’s no reason why exciting young players like Lo Celso, Pavón and Dybala shouldn’t be playing

Yeah, Argentina was set up all wrong by Sampaoli. Until Pavon came on, the wide men were useless and central players (Messi, Aguero) were taking turns running into the the crowd of Iceland players, trying to driblle past half a dozen players. There just wasn't enough creativity with the likes of Mascherano, Biglia and Banega. Lo Celso and Dybala would have been much needed.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If I was an Argentinian I would be very worried following this. The supposed easiest game and they struggle to break them down. Croatia and Nigeria will be much tougher and they cannot play this toothless against them.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
To me it looked that the challenge on Pavon was more worthy of a PK than the contact in the box where the PK was given.
Agree fully. Seemed like the defender was in his own space and the Argentinian just ran into him.
It would have been interference in hockey terms and rules but I don't think it was nearly enough for a penalty shot. Whatever. I'm not an expert at all.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
If I was an Argentinian I would be very worried following this. The supposed easiest game and they struggle to break them down. Croatia and Nigeria will be much tougher and they cannot play this toothless against them.

I think Iceland is their toughest matchup. Argentina are not good against teams that park the bus.

Reactions: ehhedler

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Hey, I was one of only two to predict the result! :D :naughty::popcorn:

Ok mods. You really have to close the polls when the game starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad