Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM02 | Canucks lose to Oilers in OT | 3-4 (Pettersson, Boeser, & Zadorov) | Less than Stellar Effort

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
The only silver lining I can take away from this game is that there was a lot of sloppy play by the Canucks that enabled the Oilers to dominate the second half of the game.

And I'm not just talking about Soucy's ill-advised pinch that helped spring McDavid past a stumbling Myers for the tying goal. There were lots of times when the Canucks failed to make the simple clear from their zone that allowed the Oilers to keep applying pressure. There were too many times when the Canucks failed to get the puck in deep in the Oilers' zone which made it easier for them to move the puck back into the Canucks' zone.

Despite all that, it took the Oilers until overtime to win. If the Canucks can clean that sloppy play up, they have a decent chance to beat the Oilers, especially if they keep playing McDrai 25 to 30 minutes a night.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Miller, Boeser Big Z & the 3rd line have been carrying. Miller with a solid game, couple point blank defensive saves. We were outplayed by a much larger margin against Vegas in the bubble and took them to 7, this series is very winnable, Canucks just have to play their A game.
Just put more shots on net. Not sure ehy this team is allergic to shooting. We aint facing Roy or Brodeur where we need to make plays, just shoot the puck at the net like Zaddy and it will go in. Skinner sucks

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
If zadorov or joshua hit their best players automatic 5+game. refs are so biased. the product suffers these guys need to be held accountable. the league needs to step in but they wont so bushleague

Kelly Sutherland is a egotistical wanker.

Pass it on.
he should never be allowed to ref again. hughes got cut should have been a 4min penalty..

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
the players need to make some backdoor plays. they never do always looking for perfect play....
Go watch the youtube highlights, all Canucks goals from last year.

Tons of backdoor tap ins, and little deflections right ontop of the crease.

Thing is... they are all scored by the same 2 guys...

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Go watch the youtube highlights, all Canucks goals from last year.

Tons of backdoor tap ins, and little deflections right ontop of the crease.

Thing is... they are all scored by the same 2 guys...
other players. kuzmenko in his first year did alot of those.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
To be fair he was great at times but then also in some circumstances had no idea what he was doing. Like when he played the puck behind the net. He also didn't see a bunch of shots again, easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

He's learning, I think overall he was quite good especially for a rookie and a playoffs rookie too.
To be sure he's been a bit lucky but he has game and sure seems unflappable no matter what gets thrown at him. Ona roll, hope he stays that way...

Reactions: mossey3535

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
It bothers me because its winnable, they aren't that good. They have literally five guys they can reliably play even close to 20 minutes on the roster, and those guys played like literally half the game tonight. You shouldn't be able to shorten the bench that much in the playoffs. A team like the Stars or Rangers will eat them alive.

I'm fairly convinced if we had Demko we'd knock them out in 5-6 games.
So it's all Silov's fault?

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Thing is, I've never seen much in Karlssons game that translates to surefire scoring in the NHL.

I do like it in terms of trying someone, anyone different to spark some of the lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad