Germany will go through with:
A win or draw vs. Northern Ireland

Poland will go through with:
A win or draw vs. Ukraine

Northern Ireland will go through with:
A win vs. Germany

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So much complaining here. Germany wasn't good, that's right, but they didn't need to win.
Poland had one or two scoring chances, That was it.

Anyone remembering the Algeria game last WC? That was a poor game. No damage was done. Germany will win against NIR.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Germany didn't have anything going on the right side.

Gotze, I'm a fan, but was horrible as a striker.

Ozil had a bad second half.

Muller has been bad for a while now.

I liked Draxler, like I like Schurrle - they run at the defenders, they try to have an end-product.

Hector - no delivery.

Howedes... why the hell is the playing wingback?

AHHHHH you see how well coached the Italians are and how poorly set up the Germans are...

Yet, Kroos is the MVP so far. I love that little Ossi.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
So much complaining here. Germany wasn't good, that's right, but they didn't need to win.

Anyone remembering the Algeria game last WC? That was a poor game. No damage was done. Germany will win against NIR.

A rubbish match is a rubbish match and that's not affected by past outcomes or any potential, presently purely speculative future outcomes.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Ukraine are out.

To my understanding

Germany will go through with:
A win or draw vs. Northern Ireland

Poland will go through with:
A win or draw vs. Ukraine

Northern Ireland will go through with:
A win vs. Germany

No matter what happens Germany and Poland are through.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Oh, I believe they are going to advance. In this system almost guaranteed at this point. But the offense has been very poor. The system and the choice for the positions seem to have flaws. There is a lot to complain. You can expect a better game from Germany.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Germany didn't have anything going on the right side.

Gotze, I'm a fan, but was horrible as a striker.

Ozil had a bad second half.

Muller has been bad for a while now.

I liked Draxler, like I like Schurrle - they run at the defenders, they try to have an end-product.

Hector - no delivery.

Howedes... why the hell is the playing wingback?

AHHHHH you see how well coached the Italians are and how poorly set up the Germans are...

Yet, Kroos is the MVP so far. I love that little Ossi.

As a German, Italy is the match I dread after having seen both play.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Man oh man has Milik been bad in front of goal in this tournament. He scored the one against Northern Ireland, but he's missed so many easy chances. Poland could've won this game if he were stronger up front.

Boateng and Hummels were amazing together today.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I guess both teams are fine with the result especially Poland but for the neutral this was a big letdown, the game needed an early goal. At the moment the German team don't look that impressive. I know this happened before but there's still lots of question marks.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
a5791b8d-5562-4e30-b25b-103bd8b67532.jpg

Our right side is a deserted wasteland.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Huge meh. It's much easier to sit back against a planless team trying to attack like Belgium than attack against a well set up counter attacking team like Poland.
You love to make excuses for Bayern and Germany but tonight (like in many of Pep's defeats) the whole "keep the ball and do nothing with it" plan exposes huge flaws.

Low picked a squad with poor full-back depth and tactics that seem rather outdated. They were impressive against Ukraine for spells but you're going to have to break down counter-attacking team somehow - I don't think they have any sort of plan at all.

As a German, Italy is the match I dread after having seen both play.
Italy are often terrifying to face off against. So much spirit, so much discipline, so much savvy.

Man oh man has Milik been bad in front of goal in this tournament. He scored the one against Northern Ireland, but he's missed so many easy chances. Poland could've won this game if he were stronger up front.

Boateng and Hummels were amazing together today.
Boateng, Hummels and Kroos were the only good Germans on the pitch.

Kroos... oh man I can't get over how much I love that guy. And how I thumb my nose as his many haters and Bayern fanboys who argued that Thiago and Gotze were ahead of the depth chart. :laugh: Goes to show, the grass isn't always greener...

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Germany would lose vs Italy with this performance every single time. Italy could defend the German rubbish with ease much like Poland basically did but they have more skill going forward and would finish 1 or 2 counters. It's almost like we saw that exact match at some recent European championship. ;)

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
To all the math geniuses: You are right, still won't happen. Poland and Germany will advance.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Pazdan played amazing tonight, I'm so sorry I was doubting you man. He showed why Nawalka trusts in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad