World Cup: Group C: France vs. Peru, 6/21/2018

Result?

• Total voters

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Giroux sees shitty turnover, shoots gap. Pogba makes simple pass off of turnover created by someone else to someone right in front of him. Idiotic woman says it's all Pogba.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
While not convinced by what I'm seeing, lucky is a trong word.
I believe they should have had a penalty early (never saw a replay though) and both teams had one scoring chance.
A bi of luck in the deflection sure, but it's not scandalous they're ahead.

Lucky on the deflection, and fortunate due to the missed opportunities from Peru.

France have been the superior team since they scored. Their build up play is starting to make sense. Giroud has been good.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lucky on the deflection, and fortunate due to the missed opportunities from Peru.

France have been the superior team since they scored. Their build up play is starting to make sense. Giroud has been good.
Peru has had one single chance (though a good one).

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Giroux sees ****ty turnover, shoots gap. Pogba makes simple pass off of turnover created by someone else to someone right in front of him. Idiotic woman says it's all Pogba.

?

It wasn't "all Pogba" like she said, but he deserved a lot of credit for it. It was entirely Pogba's read that created the turnover and he played a very well weighted pass into Giroux.

Reactions: Gecklund

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Are there any France fans there? The arena looks red and white

This tournament has seen remarkable turnout by fans of nations one wouldn't have necessarily expected it from while the European turnout is fairly unremarkable. While one can speculate that the anti-Russian political atmosphere in much of Europe has kept people home, it's difficult to say what's driven up the turnout in those other nations.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
While not convinced by what I'm seeing, lucky is a trong word.
I believe they should have had a penalty early (never saw a replay though) and both teams had one scoring chance.
A bi of luck in the deflection sure, but it's not scandalous they're ahead.
Yeah, they playing well enough to have earned that goal. Peru haven't been bad though. I could see them scoring in the 2nd or at least making it interesting.

Mbappe is a friggen gem though. Still jealous he's with PSG.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, they playing well enough to have earned that goal. Peru haven't been bad though. I could see them scoring in the 2nd or at least making it interesting.

Mbappe is a friggen gem though. Still jealous he's with PSG.
Peru can completely turn it around.
But this goal seems to have liberated France, weirdly enough.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What a shot !

Peru is a nice team, no question.

Both Umtiti and Varane seem completely out of form though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Giroux sees ****ty turnover, shoots gap. Pogba makes simple pass off of turnover created by someone else to someone right in front of him. Idiotic woman says it's all Pogba.
Pogba won the ball back and made a nice through pass. Giroud took a shitty shot and got a lucky deflection.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Anyone right now. Dembele for counters would be perfect. Fekir for ball control. Tolisso for midfield locking.

Anyone.

It's a shame there was absolutely no way to predict this situation before the game started :dunno:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's a shame there was absolutely no way to predict this situation before the game started :dunno:
:D
Matuidi has been particularly awful though.
Even defensively, his utility is highly arguable.
DD needs to sub him ASAP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad