GDT: Group B - May 4 - USA vs Canada

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Canada was horsetrash the whole game. It was a game of Low IQ plays all over the ice, then comes the shootout withMcDavid unable to participate along with kindergarden execution by some world class forwards and they lose a game they should have won.

Reactions: Morrison

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
59 points is average?
Then how would you define strome's season?

I would say so. He has two 60 point seasons with edm and one 50 point season. He also played with an 80 point centre, which outside of mcdavid, we never lined him up with.

Strome also had what looks like an average season by his previous production. Both players didn't really step outside of their standard levels of play, imo. I'm not a huge Strome fan, but if he can be a 3rd lie centre at 40-50 points I don't really see a reason to laugh about the trade.

You wanna laugh about hall/larsson go ahead. Hall is a hart candidate. Eberle is what we thought he was....

The US "was who we thought they were....and we let'em off the hook"
- Dennis Green

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
0-1 Dubois (Horvat)
0-2 O´Reilly (Bailey)
1-2 Lee (Thompson,DeBrincat)
2-2 Larkin (Kreider,Oesterle)
3-2 Gaudreau (Kane,Coleman)
3-3 Beauvillier (Ekblad,Barzal)
4-3 Larkin (Kreider,Atkinson)
4-4 Paryako (McDavid)

5-4 Atkinson

Kinkaid 36/40
Kuemper 16/20

Well played, Darcy:laugh:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Okay, so you don't consider the part that actually decides the winner to be part of the game?

I was going off of the NHL shootout. The winner does not get credited with a goal. This should logically tell you that it is outside of game time. If you don't get credit for scoring and winning the game, why should you continue serving a penalty outside of a games normal time? (Ot is included in game time).

It was pointed out to me that in the IIHF the winner does get credited. So it is fairer.

Yeah sure he did . . . 59 points . . . Strome . . . 34 points . . . yep, Edmonton won that trade . . . :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jeez..... Pretty sub par analysis....by you...yep..... I figured I could go on the IIHF forum and not see people taking a shit on my NHL team....guess I was wrong.

Look at their previous point totals. Strome is exactly where he's always been, so is eberle. Stop trying to make it sound like eberle scored 80 points and carried the Isles. The trade is not that lopsided. I'd argue the hamonic trade is 5x worse, but it's not really relevant on a forum that has nothing to do with the NHL.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Horrific goaltending, not a surprising result. With average NHL goaltending Canada takes this 4-1.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Really fun game. Kinkaid was awesome. Glad US won. McDavid is absolutely terrifying when he’s on the ice lol. Defenders have the angle on him and he still blows by them with incredible ease. He’s so ridiculous

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
we just beat the best team playing like ****...yeah, not a stretch anymore lol
Dude, Canada played like s*** to and still outshot the US by almost 20.

America will not win the tourney, I can guarantee you that.

Btw please don't pretend Johnson is some impact forward that will be getting added :laugh:

Fell free to quote me in a couple weeks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad