GDT: Group B - May 4 - USA vs Canada

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Didn't see the game, but Canada must have played really bad. They should not lose against this US team.

I'm sure they'll bounce back though. They lost to Switzerland last year but still managed to make it to the finals. You won't beat Canada twice in the same tournament.

Much like Vegas shouldn’t be in the playoffs.... ignorance is bliss.

Reactions: Master P

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Didn't see the game, but Canada must have played really bad. They should not lose against this US team.

I'm sure they'll bounce back though. They lost to Switzerland last year but still managed to make it to the finals. You won't beat Canada twice in the same tournament.

This guy knows, he has seen the future.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Watched some of the game, tough loss. All due respect to Kuemper but if he's our best choice for a #1 goalie then we're in trouble.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Not really sure they both brought bad goalies, at least in my opinion. The USA probably is slightly better, but disappointing who is playing on both rosters there. Canada brought more on the back-end but both rosters are loaded up front and honestly in my opinion USA is a touch faster and better forecheckers so they found a way to disrupt Canada's advantage defensively. They could use the same formula. Team USA has the best top 9 they have brought to this event in a while in my opinion. Kane and Johnny hockey are top 10 offensive talents in the league, Canada only has one of those to claim, even if he is the best don't pretend what the USA has up front is a joke.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not really sure they both brought bad goalies, at least in my opinion. The USA probably is slightly better, but disappointing who is playing on both rosters there. Canada brought more on the back-end but both rosters are loaded up front and honestly in my opinion USA is a touch faster and better forecheckers so they found a way to disrupt Canada's advantage defensively. They could use the same formula. Team USA has the best top 9 they have brought to this event in a while in my opinion. Kane and Johnny hockey are top 10 offensive talents in the league, Canada only has one of those to claim, even if he is the best don't pretend what the USA has up front is a joke.

Kinkaid since February has been one of the best, if not the best, goalie in the NHL.

Remains to be seen if it's just a stretch of hot play, but he had a lot of nights for the Devils where he looked like he did in today's game.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Kinkaid since February has been one of the best, if not the best, goalie in the NHL.

Remains to be seen if it's just a stretch of hot play, but he had a lot of nights for the Devils where he looked like he did in today's game.

Well they weren't in the playoffs and I don't like going with him in big stakes medal games, but he might be the better play than Darling. If Quick really wanted to come and he said he did, I am super unhappy with this decision by Team USA. Heck I would have taken Schneider before Kincaid. His hot run was winding down at the end of the season for me. He is a good NHL backup but that is what he is and I wish we had a better situation. It is probably better than what Canada has though.

Not a fan is all, I know he had a career year, when I see him play especially the couple times I have seen him in person I am not super impressed. But hopefully he can help us accomplish something great at this tournament. I am rooting for him now, just not going to lie that I wish we had better options at this tournament.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Shots 40-25 for Canada. Its a shame they couldnt pull it off and lost in a shoutout. It feels like weve only ever lost to the states in a shoutout lately

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Just finished the game, not surprised by how scrambled the defensive play was by both sides. From a Canadian perspective it was a good learning experience, I found that Canada was the better team by a decent margin but needs more finishing and less Kuemper. I really liked Dubois' play in the game. Also nice to see Larkin play very well for USA. Canada should mix the lines up a little and USA should split up Gaudreau and Kane. I wouldn't be surprised to see these teams play each other later in the tournament, and if that happens I would have pretty good confidence in Canada unless McElhinney looks atrocious in the coming games.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Not sure what this means. I dont really care what a few fans thought of the player when he wanted out of the organization. He is a very skilled, scorer and that didnt change over night.

Lol about "a few fans"... Eberle was probably the most hated player on the team by the Oilers fans.

Reactions: karnige

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I keep looking at the rosters.....and then the final score.

Canada apparently got drunk before the game....ECHL goalie or not...that is just embarrassing.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Lol about "a few fans"... Eberle was probably the most hated player on the team by the Oilers fans.
eberle was the sorted laziest player I've ever seen. he couldn't play defense, always outmuscled for the puck, sismt back check. so he put up ok points. he was a disaster. don't miss him at all. least he's on a team that doesn't play defense so right now.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Just watched the game... My God nurse is dumb.... He's like a young bieksa out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad