GDT: Group B - May 19 - Switzerland vs Russia

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
I wouldn't mind it if they were holding on to the same standards.

But the IIHF commission actually disqualified a Latvian player after a post-game video review.

Russia didn't even get a 2 min penalty for a rougher illegal hit. There should've been 3 disqualifications by now.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but this is just blatantly unfair and inconsequential.

How about the American guy against Finland nada nothing... or is it just team Russia?

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
You hate Russia or something?

I've not seen any dirty play by Russia so far...

Switzerland doing good so far!

No, I just complimented them on their playing style. I wasn't being sarcastic.

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
If one team doesn't deserve the title, it's Russia. After yesterday and today. This has no place at a WC. And the IIHF accepts it.

That Russia is deep in IIHF's pocket is pretty obvious. Same shit every year.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Ovechkin continues to be a useless piece of garbage for this team. He has a negative net value for this team.

BENCH HIM NOW!

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
How about the American guy against Finland nada nothing... or is it just team Russia?
Which is why I'm saying that not just the refs, who are prone to making mistakes, but the IIHF commission responsible for this sort of thing has been blatantly unfair in carrying out their decisions.

One of the two refs in the Latvia-Russia game was an ethnic Russian.

These sort of things are so easy to avoid. Yet they keep happening. So either they're blatantly incompetent or there is some other reason at play.

Reactions: JHB

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Which is why I'm saying that not just the refs, who are prone to making mistakes, but the IIHF commission responsible for this sort of thing has been blatantly unfair in carrying out their decisions.

These sort of things are so easy to avoid. Yet they keep happening. So either they're blatantly incompetent or there is some other reason at play.
How many latvian players are ethnic Russians? Blame it on them. Latvia never had a chance. It's a fact.

Reactions: o6mopok and aphyro

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall

So it matters that one ref is russian when team Russia playing when Sweden played against Canada in Sochi and the whole ref team was Canadians...

Yes IIHF sucks but implying Russia is behinde this is just laughable.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Lol, considering his last name, he's ethnic Ukrainian, and Ukraine is the best Latvia's friend nowadays...

Reactions: aphyro

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
So it matters that one ref is russian when team Russia playing when Sweden played against Canada in Sochi and the whole ref team was Canadians...

Yes IIHF sucks but implying Russia is behinde this is just laughable.
And like that lativia-russia game it did not matter in sochi either, sweden never had a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00