GDT: Group B - May 19 - Switzerland vs Russia

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
60478125_3042176295807494_7562664073624551424_n.jpg

Hehe. :D

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
If you guys bringing it up a russian ref judge a Russia national team It's fair to bring that game up aswell...
us guys? you mean Canadian fans?

Have they done that in this thread? I only see one Latvian fan bringing this matter up.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
How many latvian players are ethnic Russians? Blame it on them. Latvia never had a chance. It's a fact.
There are 0 russians on Team Latvia.

We dominated Russia in the 3rd period and Russia scored 2 of their goals due to miscalled penalties, and we missed 10 minutes of powerplay. And yet the score was still just 1-3. So we definitely had a chance.

The odds on Russia after the 1st period were 1.40, with the implied probability of a draw or a Latvian win to be near 30% according to bookmakers.

Reactions: JHB

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Which is why I'm saying that not just the refs, who are prone to making mistakes, but the IIHF commission responsible for this sort of thing has been blatantly unfair in carrying out their decisions.

One of the two refs in the Latvia-Russia game was an ethnic Russian.

These sort of things are so easy to avoid. Yet they keep happening. So either they're blatantly incompetent or there is some other reason at play.

That is a very serious mistake.

it happen in the Sochi Olympic games, where Russia took a goal ... in a very discutable way against the US. And one of the referees was American !!

Even if the guy was honest, and honestly felt that it was goal / not goal ... it was in favour of his country and logical questions arise !!

They should REALLY avoir these mistakes.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
us guys? you mean Canadian fans?

Have they done that in this thread? I only see one Latvian fan bringing this matter up.

No i ment you guys as you guys in this thread...

And tbh he got a point in that you should avoid refs from the same country judge your national teams... but then again you got to trust people to do their job without being corrupted.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
No i ment you guys as you guys in this thread...

And tbh he got a point in that you should avoid refs from the same country judge your national teams... but then again you got to trust people to do their job without being corrupted.
well count me out also because i havent done it, you may want to go back over the thread.

I actually agreed with you guys................an ethnic russian ref made no difference on the outcome of that game.

Reactions: aphyro

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Russia is in a way quite fortunate they face both the Swiss and the Swedes on their back to back games. It really shows now the Swiss don't have nearly as much energy in this game as they had last night. I expect Sweden to play quite lazy hockey against Latvia tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad