GDT: Group B - May 12 - Canada vs Finland

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Our boys proved me wrong. Great game, this team can go the distance.

Congrats on the win, but lets keep in mind this is the worst goaltending duo Canada has brought to this tournament in many many years.

Pataatti

Jul 5, 2014
I just lost a lot of respect towards Barzal and Ekblad. How childish can grown ass men be?

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Tolvanen 1+1 straight from the plane against Connor mcDavid etc. Dunno what Smashville friends will think about that?
They don't even know he played today.
Just imagine you have a real goal scorer on your roster but you score only one goal in game 7.

Reactions: Halberdier

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Finland wasn't that great. Canada just was horrible. No talent, no heart. I guess this is what you get when Finland's b-team and Canada's d-team plays against.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Canada was really bad, only time they controlled the game was the end of the 2nd period when Finn defense tried to pass the puck to them constantly.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
No way Canada can be this bad. Obviously goaltending has been poor but the coaching stafff has completely misused this group of players. Bunch of talent not that’s not on the same page. Finland looks like an actual team.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Finland either ****s up completely or wins by four goals or more.
No. Danmark was objectively much better than Kanada was tonight. If the Danes would play at that level every night, they would be in the semis. But they had extra huff from 5 playewrs having played in Jokerit and having a nice rivalry bythemselves.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
So only starting goalies are NHL level? That’s ridiculous.
If a player has an NHL contract and spends the entire year on the team, he’s an NHL level professional.
Keumper’s last non NHL game was 4 years ago. McElhinney’s was 5.
Well. An NHL level goalie is one that constantly matches NHL level as his job and doesn't get easy passes. They play as much as they can in the NHL while showing true #1 abilities. They are the better goalie compared to their counterpart. They play 50-60 games in a season because they can, and because they can sustain that level of play.

If you think most backups are NHL level, that's not a slight to you, I just disagree. There's a reason why they're the backup and that's because they haven't shown that they can keep being NHL level during a long season, (or just haven't been given the chance to prove that) winning or losing while doing the needed saves, the overall body of play.
Just having a contract doesn't warrant being up to your task.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
McElhinney was awful. Gotta score more than 1 goal though.

But my god 4 / 5 of those goals against were just terrible to let in as a goalie

Reactions: Future GOAT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad