GDT: Group B - May 12 - Canada vs Finland

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
McElhinney was awful. Gotta score more than 1 goal though.

But my god 4 / 5 of those goals against were just terrible to let in as a goalie
It was horrific. Canada should be begging those decliners to reconsider. I'd even feel more comfortable with Talbot or Elliot at this point.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
All goals today were more or less weak. Canada just had it a lot worse. I wouldn’t expect to beat them again.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
that was good what happend to canada ... now is time to start this tournament more serious .. also powerplay must be better .. otherwise quarterfinal will be last match for canada in this tournament

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Good job by Finland, definitely a deserved win. For the Canadian skaters that game could potentially be a good lesson. As for the Canadian goaltending... no such luck. The team looks like it's going to need a big game from McDavid and then a few depth goals to beat a decent team.

Reactions: Gormo and Se829ne

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
I really wish i read finnish...must be hilarious to read your media these last few days
Lot of our media is also in swedish, which you prolly understand mostly. There's also googletranslate, which works verywell between nordic languages bcs of "hurris". :P

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Finnish analysts said that mcdavids lack of defence is why hes not in the playoffs. Propably true

The guy who leads the entire league in take aways? Is that right?

Sounds like the Finnish analyst is as clueless as you are

I like how McElhinney gave them 4 goals on a silver platter yet you spend your time in this thread today just bashing McDavid. Thats weird.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
All the Canadian goalies who declined invites should feel ashamed of themselves. Murray, Jones, Talbot, Allen, Price, Smith, Dubnyk, Elliott, Ward, Reimer, Bernier, all of these would have been superior options to the joke duo we have right now.

Goaltending is a problem.

The lack of discipline and routine indifference in terms of effort I'm seeing on the ice are more concerning.

Pataatti

Jul 5, 2014
What happened? I didn't see the final few minutes, there was a bad strech in our eurovision drinking game.
Barzal sucker punched Savinainen in the back of the head when Barzal was already changing off the ice. And Ekblad took Savinainens stick off the ice after that and took it to canadas team bench. Nothing bad just stupidly childish. Both seem like sore losers

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
You're not winning gold with a pair of no name goalies. Its as simple as that.

I expect Canada to rebound and demolish the remainder of their opponents until the QF but its going to be a decent team we play in the QF and from what I've seen from Kuemper-McElhinney against decent teams (US,Finland) it would be a miracle for this team to win gold.

Our only hope is to outscore our opponents. We could potentially make it to the SF but you have to think with this caliber of goaltending our luck doesn't last very long.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Please Finland don t try tomorrow to win with "beach slides" vs Germany. ;)! Who ll win 5:1 vs Canada must win this group.

AutisticGoat

Mar 9, 2018
0-2 in this tournament plus a few wins vs weak teams.

Canada's gonna get murdered in the QF.

Well this has been topic amongst oilers fans also. World class, absolutely 1st in the world but sometimes defensively sloppy.

Edit, replied obviously to wrong post, too drunk. Im finnish by the way so you should understand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->