GDT: Group B - May 12 - Canada vs Finland

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by stv11, May 11, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Ippenator

Ippenator Registered User

How on earth you would choose Honka over Heiskanen or even Niku to a best against best Finnish team? Honka has been horrible this season. Not only now in the national team, but also not that good in the NHL either. Heiskanen is an enormously better defenceman already. In an ideal situation Finland could after all leave Honka out from the team when there would be a best against best tournament the next time.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Koijari likes this.
  2. Zybalto

Zybalto Registered User

Really good game by Finland today as they were able to win the game early by really pressuring Canada's D and some very pretty deflections, even though they only scored on one.

Canada had their chances but couldn't convert but the team still looked ok overall. Solid game from the Finland keeper and both of Canada keepers were fighting the puck a bit but not nearly as bad as some are making out.

Finland got their bad game out of the way just before this one and this was Canadas turn. Best to do it before the qfs for both teans.

Ippenator likes this.
  3. mattihp

mattihp Registered User

He had Ristolainen (on his off-side nonetheless) there too. I wouldn't be surprised if he is applying for an american citizenship.

4. jonlin

jonlin Registered User

I actually totally forgot Heiskanen. my bad. Ofcourse he would be in before Honka and Niku. I like Niku and he will probably be a good offensive/PP defender in a few years

5. jonlin

jonlin Registered User

I didnt bother checking which side they play when made the lineups. I just tried to list the players that IMO are in our A-team. Heiskanen was left out by accident.I forgot that a bunch of 15-yr olds always start nitpicking here...

6. mattihp

mattihp Registered User

I am 34 :')

Finland isn't known for righty shooting defensemen; so the few we have should play their natural side.

7. jj cale

jj cale Registered User

Interesting!!

8. Bruce Granville

Bruce Granville Registered User

You should not need to look which side they play in first place.

mattihp likes this.
  9. Ippenator

And I’m 45 (will be 46 this summer), but I guess we should still give a medal for a good try and effort? :sarcasm:

10. topshelf15

topshelf15 Registered User

Why the hell arent they playing Chabot???I get he is still very young and can be prone to mistakes,but he has to be one of the teams best skilled defenders.....Let him play ffs

11. GeorgeLeafer12

GeorgeLeafer12 Registered User

currently unemployd
    No offence but, what does 45 (46) year old doing in here?. I'm 36 and i think i'm almost too old to be here.
    I hope 10 years from now i'm not still here (HF Boards) :) | Again, no offence my fellow Finn.

12. QnebO

QnebO Wheel, snipe, celly

You can be 100 and be hockey fan. Its never going to end

Halberdier and Ippenator like this.
  13. Ippenator

Because of enjoying hockey and enjoying discussing about it? Because of believing people should never be put into moulds created by others? Who is anyone else to say how anyone should be when they are a certain age? Really strange thinking to me.

I love whatever things I love whatever age I am. I love hockey and will most probably do it forever. I have all my life loved video games and still love them and play them a lot. Even how childish or stupid some people think about these things, I don’t care and will never care.

And still, I’m working in two very responsible positions at the same time and being responsible for issues concerning several thousands of people. Have been doing those jobs over ten years in a row and done pretty well with them, as I have been trusted to continue with them this long.

I’m also a father of an absolutely wonderful 5 year old boy and I am doing all that I can to be as good and supportive as a father as I possibly can. Using a lot of my time and effort to give him nice experiences and options in his life and to be there for him whenever he needs me.

I don’t want to brag, but just point out that having some interests that certain people might find childish or unsuitable for my age, does not mean that a person can’t be responsible and succesful in the more adult considered issues in life.

In my opion in fact many people think of being an adult a bit too seriously and don’t know how to relax themselves well enough. With many people it leads to relaxing mostly through alcohol or drugs. I need neither of them in my life and I’m happy like that.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    FinPanda and Koijari like this.
  14. XeroKaos

XeroKaos Registered User

Yeah, I don't see what age has to do with anything. I'm 25 and I feel I'll still be on this site in 25 years. Its just like any other forum, they have them about pretty much everything these days. They even have one called SkycraperCity dedicated to people who love skylines, urban development and architecture.

Being middle aged and on this website doesn't mean you're a loser which is what I feel you were trying to imply by claiming you hope not to be on this site when you're 45. You could very much be the opposite with a wife/family/kids and just visit this site in your spare time to talk hockey.

Back on topic though, I can't remember a time when Canada's goalie options were this terrible at this tournament. Looks like its going to be a tougher opponent in the QF for Canada now.

Ippenator likes this.
  15. tony d

tony d Registered User Sponsor

Office Worker
    Tough loss for the team yesterday. In 4th now. Games vs. Germany and Latvia this week to close out the round robin.

16. XeroKaos

XeroKaos Registered User

Its funny, the Swedes/Russians are probably thinking "great we win the group and get to play a weaker team from group B now!...WAIT..we're drawing Canada?!" :laugh:

Bad goalies from Canada sure, but still a deadly offence.

Ippenator likes this.
  17. GeorgeLeafer12

GeorgeLeafer12 Registered User

currently unemployd
    Maybe that was a bit too harsh from me, sorry. Wasn't meant to bee that negative thou.

Ippenator likes this.
  18. NyQuil

NyQuil Unleashed

They just put him on the top PP unit.

topshelf15 likes this.