GDT: Group A - May 21 - Finland vs Germany

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Busquets are you trolling or what? Your constant criticism against Kakko is laughable. Did you even watch the game? Zero points perhaps but he was the best player on ice with Draisaitl.
Luostarinen did not score any points either but he still was the second best offensive player after Kakko before getting injured.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Kakko has a one timer in his toolbox. His shot doesn't take "too long to take off".

This is such bad, incorrect analysis.

Teemu Selänne had a muffin of a shot, scored alright.
Selanne is special case. A lot more non-goal scorers with muffin shot than goal scorers with muffin shot.

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
Who does Finland play vs after they finish #2 if Sweden beats Russia in regulation? In that case Rus, Swe and Cze are all at 18p and Swe>Rus, Rus>Cze and Cze>Swe.

Your best take since thinking that Puljujärvi should go #2.
I guess it would come down to goal differential in such a situation. The key word here is 'guess' though..

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Sweden has a very strong team. They are known to get stronger and stronger in the knockout stages.
I doesn´t matter. We would be huge underdogs. The Swiss team is a lot better than Team Finland as well, it´s about psychology.
I´m sure the team has more potential to perform against the almighty Sweden. Mentally ready to defend and hope for the best.
Have a feeling that this Finnish team could fool themselves and think they could match the Swiss skill wise, and you know what? No, they can´t, nothing to discuss really.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Who does Finland play vs after they finish #2 if Sweden beats Russia in regulation? In that case Rus, Swe and Cze are all at 18p and Swe>Rus, Rus>Cze and Cze>Swe.

CZE vs SWE 5-2 +3 goals for CZE
RUS vs CZE 3-0 +3 goals for RUS
SWE vs RUS ??? Not played

Sweden needs to beat RUS by 4 goal difference to win the group. Not sure what would happen if Sweden beat RUS by 3 goal difference.

Someone confirm if this is right?

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Like i said he can create for sure but there's a reason why he hasn't scored against britain,france and germany.

Does he have a single goal where he beat the goalie with snipe? No.

he still has most goals in the team by a fair margin.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I guess it would come down to goal differential in such a situation. The key word here is 'guess' though..
Sweden has to win against Russia with 5-2, 4-1 or 3-0. Otherwise Russia will win the group. Also, the result in the CAN - USA game will dictate Finland's position. It's alot of things being decided in the final games tonight.

Every team will be a tough opponent though from the B group. Russia, Czech Republic, Sweden and Switzerland all look quite dangerous.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Sweden has to win against Russia with 5-2, 4-1 or 3-0. Otherwise Russia will win the group. Also, the result in the CAN - USA game will dictate Finland's position. It's alot of things being decided in the final games tonight.

Every team will be a tough opponent though from the B group. Russia, Czech Republic, Sweden and Switzerland all look quite dangerous.

After watching the game, does not matter Finns meets in QF, they wouldn't get passed any of the opponents.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
After watching the game, does not matter Finns meets in QF, they wouldn't get passed any of the opponents.
Yep. Finland will only play 1 more game in this tournament.

I hope Kakko will at least match Laine's goal-scoring record in that game.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
They cant. Isnt Finland now 2nd place for sure?

Yes second place is secured for Finland. If USA wins in regular time Canada is third behind Finland, if USA wins in OT or SO USA wins the group and Canada is behind Finland too because they have less points than Finland from the games against each other. If Canada wins in regular time USA remains third, if Canada wins in OT or SO USA gets only 1 point and stays with 15 points behind Finland. So Finland finishes the group as second in any case.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
I doesn´t matter. We would be huge underdogs. The Swiss team is a lot better than Team Finland as well, it´s about psychology.
I´m sure the team has more potential to perform against the almighty Sweden. Mentally ready to defend and hope for the best.
Have a feeling that this Finnish team could fool themselves and think they could match the Swiss skill wise, and you know what? No, they can´t, nothing to discuss really.
It is better the Finns go out the Tournament. An upest in QF make no sense when at the latest the Russians destroy us with 12:1.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Wow, Busquets is a clear troll. Has something personal against Kakko it seems.

Just worry about your Barcelona loosing the final against Valencia instead. You are bashing Kakko constantly and if you do this it only shows that you can nothing about hockey.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Radulov's not 18.

And Radulov's much more of a playmaker anyway.
Yeah but my argument is that it's something that might hinder him in the future. Maybe separating him from being one of the best players in the Nhl to just being a star player. However if you want to find holes in Kakkos toolbox, the shot is the biggest one.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

Group B is more capable to have full 4-0 sweep over group A than vise versa. Yes it's more dangerous group of teams. Anything can happen in single games between top-8 nations though.

If Finland faces Sweden then I see two missmatches in who ever faces Germany and Sweden has Finland's number with that roster. All Sweden would need is couple power plays with those lethal players to decide the game, while Finland is relying on just Kakko and the goalie Lankinen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad