GDT: Group A - May 21 - Finland vs Germany

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Nah, Finland lost on purpose because beating Sweden is sweeter than beating Switzerland.

Seriously speaking, Germany was hungrier. They want to avoid Russia but maybe this win won't help.

We had one bad meeting with the russians 70 years ago thats why we are avoiding them like the devil/schoolboys a pastor.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Change goalie. Let Kakko play 40 minutes :D Do not even let Kaski entre the arena.

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
It clearly showed to miles away Finland wasn't even interested to win this game and their group.
Now we'll play in quarterfinal vs Sweden or Czech Republic and i don't see these so called '' lions'' can beat NHL loaded Sweden or Czechs.

And if Jalonen makes some roster changes for Thurday's game can he please take that ****ing bum Kaski out of the lineup. It can't get any worse to play with 7th dman. Steve Yzerman and Detroit Red Wings will regret signing Kaski when they realize what kind of bust they have got in Kaski.

In these IIHF men's worlds Kaski hasn't showed and proved nothing why he should play in NHL next season.
Nah, they tried. They just lacked the skill to get into actual scoring positions. Tons of shots from the perimeter are just not gonna cut it against a goalie of that calibre.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
It clearly showed to miles away Finland wasn't even interested to win this game and their group.
Now we'll play in quarterfinal vs Sweden or Czech Republic and i don't see these so called '' lions'' can beat NHL loaded Sweden or Czechs.

This is a low-scoring sport. Finland is certainly a worse team than Sweden but that doesn't mean they don't have a chance in a single game. It might only be 25 or 30 percent but Finland beating Sweden would still not be even close to being the biggest upset in this tournament.

Reactions: tuozzi

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Yep, i was right all along. Sweden is the team we want to play against in the quarters. Russia has been the best team in this tournament and the Czechs with Voracek and the home advantage are strong. The Swiss are underrated and players like Fiala, Niederreiter and Hischier will bully Kaski, Mikkola etc.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Kakko can create but his bad shot is definitely limiting his offense right now. 3rd game in a row without points.
Man are you hating on Kakko time after another. Has he s*rewed your girl or something? Take a f*cking chill pill dude. Kakko and Draisaitl dominated this game.

Reactions: Stubu

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
Kakko can create but his bad shot is definitely limiting his offense right now. 3rd game in a row without points.
It's nice to get some balance for the over hyping of Kakko, but you're way off base here. His shot is fine and 3 game drought means nothing.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Nah, Finland lost on purpose because beating Sweden is sweeter than beating Switzerland.

Seriously speaking, Germany was hungrier. They want to avoid Russia but maybe this win won't help.
Irony? ;)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Who does Finland play vs after they finish #2 if Sweden beats Russia in regulation? In that case Rus, Swe and Cze are all at 18p and Swe>Rus, Rus>Cze and Cze>Swe.
Your best take since thinking that Puljujärvi should go #2.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland

the only thing limiting Kakko is the teammates, he don't get any support he needs. He has given few amazing passes but they just cant score

in the otherhand Kakko has created his own chances by himself

Reactions: Stubu and Svedu

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Nah, they tried. They just lacked the skill to get into actual scoring positions.

It certainly looked a lot different last year when Finland was losing by one against Germany and Aho, Rantanen, Granlund & co. made it an extremely lopsided 3rd period.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
It's nice to get some balance for the over hyping of Kakko, but you're way off base here. His shot is fine and 3 game drought means nothing.
Kakko has no one-timer in his toolbox and his shot takes too long to take off and it doesn't have enough power. I wouldn't classify it as ok.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kakko has no one-timer in his toolbox and his shot takes too long to take off and it doesn't have enough power. I wouldn't classify it as ok.
Kakko has a one timer in his toolbox. His shot doesn't take "too long to take off".

This is such bad, incorrect analysis.

Teemu Selänne had a muffin of a shot, scored alright.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
the only thing limiting Kakko is the teammates, he don't get any support he needs. He has given few amazing passes but they just cant score

in the otherhand Kakko has created his own chances by himself
Like i said he can create for sure but there's a reason why he hasn't scored against britain,france and germany.

Does he have a single goal where he beat the goalie with snipe? No.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So no one knows who Finland plays vs if Sweden beats Russia in regulation?
Like i said he can create for sure but there's a reason why he hasn't scored against britain,france and germany.

Does he have a single goal where he beat the goalie with snipe? No.
Yes, and that's because it's stupid to draw such conclusions based on 3 matches.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Yep, i was right all along. Sweden is the team we want to play against in the quarters. Russia has been the best team in this tournament and the Czechs with Voracek and the home advantage are strong. The Swiss are underrated and players like Fiala, Niederreiter and Hischier will bully Kaski, Mikkola etc.
Sweden has a very strong team. They are known to get stronger and stronger in the knockout stages.

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
That's a bit of an exaggeration. He is reluctant to one time it, which is admittedly odd. BUT he does use it at times and has scored with it. His wrister is pretty good. Not super heavy but quite accurate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad