GDT: Group A - May 21 - Finland vs Germany

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Well the German Reich had a population of 80 mill. 1939. Sovietunion had 108 mill. The Soviet army had over 12 mill. soldiers. Germany had near 10 mill. soldiers. The difference was not that big. But the German Reich had to fight on many fronts.

It’s historically well documented that Russia had more than 50 million of people in active reserves.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Selanne is special case. A lot more non-goal scorers with muffin shot than goal scorers with muffin shot.
Maybe you should continue your crusade in the prospect thread... but are you impying that a 6 goal scorer (overall Frolik and Mantha have 7, next best have 6) in a team that can't generate offensive pressure and dangerous plays is a "non-goal scorer"? Really, are you?

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Let's not forget he has two empty netters.
Should have seen this one coming... Just go watch those plays again. They aren't 200 ft long shots, especially the second where Kakko undresses the defenseman.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
BTW, don't discuss politics or war history on HFB. There's a separate politics subforum for that stuff, for good reason. (I've lost the link, sorry. Got banned twice. lol)

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Damn, I'm certain we won't go past QF, and I don't want Sweden to be the executioner... give the Czech the axe, rather... Apparently still some residue from the old mentality. :D (Russia games tend to be at least equally electrifying nowadays, in a good way.)

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Lehkonen, Armia, Kotkaniemi, Laine, Aho, Teräväinen, Lindell, Heiskanen, Rinne, Saros, Rask, , Barkov, Borgström, Ristolainen, Rantanen, , Hintz, Granlund brothers, Vatanen, Kapanen, Haula

Wow .. that is a pretty damn good group of players. If they all would have played in this tournament.... would be very very cool to watch them play. I did not realize how many amazing players finland has.
Allstars or future nhl allstars - Laine Aho Rantanen Hintz Barkov Rask Rinne Heiskanen Kotkaniemi Kakko . Very impressive and those are only the players that I know of or have watched play , im sure im missing some in my list but that's a stacked team. Too bad they all couldn't have played.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
its clear that finland lost this game on purpose to avoid switzerland in the qf.
Haha! Yeah, that makes so much sense kiddo. You obviously got a bit hurt after reading Forsbergs thoughts, understandable :D

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Haha! Yeah, that makes so much sense kiddo. You obviously got a bit hurt after reading Forsbergs thoughts, understandable :D

it does, how can the great finland lose to germany?

ofc finland rather play against a sweden who played bad the whole tournament rather than playing against a very good swiss team. we all know what jalonen told the players...

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
it does, how can the great finland lose to germany?

ofc finland rather play against a sweden who played bad the whole tournament rather than playing against a very good swiss team. we all know what jalonen told the players...

So you already forgot that Sweden won against Switzerland?
Kakko is Finlands best player, Draisaitl is Germanys. What does that say to you? Grubauer is experienced and many would consider him as the better goalie?
But i understand, you want to be childish instead of being rational. Just because you asked me to get facts in the Sweden-Russia thread, and so i did ;) What about you? I rest my case.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So you already forgot that Sweden won against Switzerland?
Kakko is Finlands best player, Draisaitl is Germanys. What does that say to you? Grubauer is experienced and many would consider him as the better goalie?
But i understand, you want to be childish instead of being rational. Just because you asked me to get facts in the Sweden-Russia thread, and so i did ;) What about you? I rest my case.

lucky win, swiss where better.

drai is 1 player, overall finland is better than germany.

you never showed any facts that sweden lost on purpose against russia.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
lucky win, swiss where better.

drai is 1 player, overall finland is better than germany.

you never showed any facts that sweden lost on purpose against russia.

Okay, so now you are lying to get your point valid? Mature.

It´s not that big of a difference really. Finland has a weak roster and everyone know this, even you. We are missing the best KHL and AHL players. But i would not be surprised if you missed this, because you seem eager to speculate before checking facts.
Here you go again, you are welcome. Forsberg: Slovakien var en läggmatch | Tre Kronor | Expressen

I showed you what Forsberg officially admitted, imagine then what was said behind the curtains in the locker room? When the best player says these kind of things, then it´s true. That is as clear facts you can get, but perhaps you don´t understand what the word means? And you forgot to answer my question as well, where is your facts? I had them, you didn´t. Good night.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Okay, so now you are lying to get your point valid? Mature.

It´s not that big of a difference really. Finland has a weak roster and everyone know this, even you. We are missing the best KHL and AHL players. But i would not be surprised if you missed this, because you seem eager to speculate before checking facts.
Here you go again, you are welcome. Forsberg: Slovakien var en läggmatch | Tre Kronor | Expressen

I showed you what Forsberg officially admitted, imagine then what was said behind the curtains in the locker room? When the best player says these kind of things, then it´s true. That is as clear facts you can get, but perhaps you don´t understand what the word means? And you forgot to answer my question as well, where is your facts? I had them, you didn´t. Good night.

jalonen is smart, he would never tell anyone.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Lehkonen, Armia, Kotkaniemi, Laine, Aho, Teräväinen, Lindell, Heiskanen, Rinne, Saros, Rask, , Barkov, Borgström, Ristolainen, Rantanen, , Hintz, Granlund brothers, Vatanen, Kapanen, Haula

Wow .. that is a pretty damn good group of players. If they all would have played in this tournament.... would be very very cool to watch them play. I did not realize how many amazing players finland has.
Allstars or future nhl allstars - Laine Aho Rantanen Hintz Barkov Rask Rinne Heiskanen Kotkaniemi Kakko . Very impressive and those are only the players that I know of or have watched play , im sure im missing some in my list but that's a stacked team. Too bad they all couldn't have played.
You start with Lehkonen, you don't include poor Puljujarvi, and you ignore the tragedy of Donskoi. But you include all the plugs. Well, not all. Flipper and Jori weren't there. Nor our customary wrecking ball who might be getting old.

Add Heponiemi and I might agree. You did have Vatman and Mikke, I give you that.

EdT: I want to see Haula as a top 6 C. He won't get that chance in Vegas.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
BTW, don't discuss politics or war history on HFB. There's a separate politics subforum for that stuff, for good reason. (I've lost the link, sorry. Got banned twice. lol)

yeah, that was kinda strange to read... way off topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->