Confirmed with Link: Granlund (MIN) for Fiala(NSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Donato is a mediocre AHL player, average 2way, 22yo, RFA in the summer and with 8% career shooting.

Nothing on this kid says he will make it. The best case is to hope Fenton gives him a short bridge if this bubble streak continues.

*rolls eyes* I don't have a crystal ball but wow.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Such definite conclusions drawn from such limited sample sizes.

Look at the video man. That shot makes Granlund look like Laine in comparison.

You watch enough hockey to recognize a 10% shot from a 15% shot.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Look at the video man. That shot makes Granlund look like Laine in comparison.

You watch enough hockey to recognize a 10% shot from a 15% shot.

Then I guess everybody from Boston that has seen Donato is wrong, and you're right.

The #1 thing that they all talked about was his shot, his release, etc... with zero reason to lie/exaggerate anything.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Why would he if the team is going in to rebuild? Unless something dramatic happens next season and the Wild is able to bounce back in a serious way, then maybe.

Home town discount was what I was thinking, but when I wrote the post I thought he's UFA next summer so doesn't matter.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Emmi Kainulainen is from Hollola, Finland

She talks here being little lonely and alone in Minneapolis
Emmi Kainulainen, 27, asuu avopuolisonsa Mikael Granlundin kanssa Yhdysvalloissa – menestynyt kaunotar luo huippu-uraa

You would think she’ll prefer Minnesota over Nashville. Minnesota is obviously way closer to her area in Europe. Might be a case of be careful of what you wish for. Could be a huge culture shock going to Nashville. Heck, some Midwesterners experience culture shock living in the South or another part of the country.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I've never been there, but I hear Nashville is a wonderful place to live. I hope to visit soon.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
An analytical look at the three best trades made on deadline day - Sportsnet.ca

"Where Fiala has been a defensive liability in allowing a crazy number of high danger scoring chances against, Granlund has been a consistently positive force all over the ice for years now. "
We'll have to see how losing Granlund (and Coyle and Nino, for that matter) affects things, but the Wild have been one of if not the best team in the league in high-danger chance differential. What we've been atrocious at is actually converting on them.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've never been there, but I hear Nashville is a wonderful place to live. I hope to visit soon.
Nashville is great.Very cultured. Great food and music...not just country. It's a lot more than the Grand Ole Opry. Pretty safe, and affluent, w/o being expensive. Memphis, OTOH, has some work to do.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I wonder how much a winger actually contributes to allowing or suppressing high danger chances.
I've been wondering the same thing. We weren't exactly bleeding high-danger chances against the Jets last night: 10 for and 7 against at 5v5, or 58.8%. That's higher than our season average of 56.4%, which is 1st in the league.

Only one game, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad