Confirmed with Link: Granlund (MIN) for Fiala(NSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaakarh

Aug 30, 2018
I wonder how much a winger actually contributes to allowing or suppressing high danger chances.

Might not have as big of an impact as centers have, but it is not like wingers would not have defensive responsibilities in modern nhl. This is from older Sportsnet article that ranked Granlund as the 15th best right winger in the league. "Defensively, Granlund stands out for having the lowest defensive zone turnover rate relative to his teammates of any right winger in the NHL. He’s surprisingly strong at breaking up centering passes in his own zone — something wingers rarely do — and doesn’t take many penalties."

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Granlund looked like a great defensive player when he was playing with Koivu. He looked like an average at best defensive winger when he was paired with Staal. Granlund as a center wasn't good enough defensively to play in the NHL.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Granlund looked like a great defensive player when he was playing with Koivu. He looked like an average at best defensive winger when he was paired with Staal. Granlund as a center wasn't good enough defensively to play in the NHL.
Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

Judging from these stats (last 2 years) Granlund and Staal were quite good defensively. Nothing in Granlund's stats anywhere ever points out to him being "average" defensively.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

I2LI5Xg.gif

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I feel like Im the only who actually doesnt care he was traded/sad about it.

He looks good in it tbh

I'm not sad either. I wasn't thrilled with the trade, not because he left, but what we got in return. Granlund was part of the core that just weren't able to get it done and I'm fine with them moving on. I'll be keeping my eye on him and hope he plays well, just not against the Wild, of course.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Anybody remember that piece of fan art of Granlund with a horrible pig nose that used to circulate back in the day?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It took me years to appreciate MiG, and when I finally do, we trade him?
Thought he'd be the one guy that we'd keep around from that age group of forwards. I think it was his mediocre play in 2019 is what did it...could it be as simple as that he was so busy running to the store to get pickles and ice cream for his expecting wife that he was too pooped to play well?

It's also bloody weird that he is in the same division. What's next, Brodin to CO?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It took me years to appreciate MiG, and when I finally do, we trade him?
Thought he'd be the one guy that we'd keep around from that age group of forwards. I think it was his mediocre play in 2019 is what did it...could it be as simple as that he was so busy running to the store to get pickles and ice cream for his expecting wife that he was too pooped to play well?

It's also bloody weird that he is in the same division. What's next, Brodin to CO?
TAKE IT BACK!! TAKE IT BACK NOW!!!

Seeing Granny step on the practice ice here today in a Nashville jersey sucks a#$. I'm gonna be honest. Our tickets for tomorrow night were sold way before the trade, and I don't think I can even watch the game. I was ready for trades, but I don't think I'm ready to see him play in our building in that God awful colored jersey. Maybe I'll watch snippets of it. I don't know.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
TAKE IT BACK!! TAKE IT BACK NOW!!!

Seeing Granny step on the practice ice here today in a Nashville jersey sucks a#$. I'm gonna be honest. Our tickets for tomorrow night were sold way before the trade, and I don't think I can even watch the game. I was ready for trades, but I don't think I'm ready to see him play in our building in that God awful colored jersey. Maybe I'll watch snippets of it. I don't know.

Granny just stood around in his first preds game doing nothing. Sunday's game should be different. It will be interesting to see how much he finds extra energy for the game from the surprising past week events.

My guess is a lot.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Honestly do t think I can watch the game. Having a hard time swallowing this Granlund trade.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Honestly do t think I can watch the game. Having a hard time swallowing this Granlund trade.

I'm over the trade. I hope Granny gets a nice ovation on Sunday, but after that he's just a player on another team to me.

I'm probably more interested in this team now that I have the entire season up to this point. The most important thing for me is seeing if the younger guys are able to produce with the extra ice time and responsibility. Wins and losses aren't really important to me because I don't believe this is a team ready to do any damage in the playoffs. I just want to enter the off-season optimistic about the future.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Every time I see granlund in yellow it makes me sad
It must make Finnish Wild fans doubly sad, if not downright vomiy inducing. Hell, can Granlund even stand it? Good thing Papa Koivu isn't healthy and on the ice....that Yellow has to be to him like Red is to a bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad