Confirmed with Link: Granlund (MIN) for Fiala(NSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Donato is a mediocre AHL player, average 2way, 22yo, RFA in the summer and with 8% career shooting.

Nothing on this kid says he will make it. The best case is to hope Fenton gives him a short bridge if this bubble streak continues.

That certainly does not seem to be a consensus opinion of him. This is essentially his rookie season and he has outproduced all of our young players (Kunin, Greenway and EK) over the same number of NHL games.

Reactions: Nsjohnson and INFJ

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
He's played 18 AHL games...

With 0.67ppg. That is weak ass stuff when same age JEE goes for 1.00 in 18 games.

Also take a hard look at his shooting % and check the scoring highlights. This guy shoots worse than Granlund.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
With 0.67ppg. That is weak ass stuff when same age JEE goes for 1.00 in 18 games.

Also take a hard look at his shooting % and check the scoring highlights. This guy shoots worse than Granlund.

And his NHL production of .44 ppg is almost twice as good as JEE's.

"This guy shoots worse than Granlund". The hell are you talking about?

Reactions: THE JAM

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense at all. If there's anything Donato is known for, it's his above average shot.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
"All"??? We can rightfully ***** about Granlund, but Coyle and Nino have been passengers for quite a while. Did anybody really think that group of players would ever get us out of the 1st round going forward?

El Nino has not been a passenger for Canes. A fine 1st or 2nd liner.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Why is Minnesota getting rid of all their best players?
Because they were able to trade them for younger players that have the ability to be better. Wild has the deepest team in the NHL for years and it wasn’t going to work

Reactions: INFJ

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
And his NHL production of .44 ppg is almost twice as good as JEE's.

Itor...

Ek 0.26ppg and no powerplay
Donato 7+7 in 49 = 0.28 without the powerplay.

Donato was on 1st powerplay in Boston last year with Marchand and other premium artillery. Of course he is going to score a ton.

No powerplay in Boston = scored like Ek

"This guy shoots worse than Granlund". The hell are you talking about?

Is this dude better shooter than Granlund was? His career shooting (including the 1st PP) was 11%. This year he shoots a pedestrian 8%.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought we got decent value for Coyle......of course, I was never a huge fan of him to begin with. He was one of the biggest teases of a hockey player I've ever watched...Seemed to have all the tools, but always left wanting more out of him. I think Donato's ceiling is higher than Coyle's.
I don't think that Donato has anywhere near Coyle's tools, and then there's the whole LW thing. Unless Donato turns out to be the next Gallagher, i don't see a good ending to this trade.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Itor...

Ek 0.26ppg and no powerplay
Donato 7+7 in 49 = 0.28 without the powerplay.

Donato was on 1st powerplay in Boston last year with Marchand and other premium artillery. Of course he is going to score a ton.

No powerplay in Boston = scored like Ek

Is this dude better shooter than Granlund was? His career shooting (including the 1st PP) was 11%. This year he shoots a pedestrian 8%.

Such definite conclusions drawn from such limited sample sizes.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
But could he come back in the summer of 2020?
Maybe if we draft all Finns in 2019, sign Laine, and buy he and Koivu an island off the coast of Greece. In other words, no. Trading a guy when his wife is in labor with his first child is about as cold and final as it gets.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I'm sorry but so what if he was traded while his wife was in labor. Yesterday was the deadline and it's not like Fenton could have known beforehand that she was going to go into labor.
What's Fenton supposed to do... Not trade him at all because his wife is in labor?
The NHL isn't going to say "well you can wait to make the deal cause she is in labor."
Its an unfortunate coincidence.. .But let's not act like it was some sort of petty move on Fenton's part.

Same thing happened to Olczyk when he was shipped to Winnipeg from his hometown of Chicago. The league has a hard deadline and doesn't wait for your life. Welcome to pro sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad