Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Svech is playing like he played in GR 2 seasons ago. He looks lost, trying too hard to make a play, and then turns the puck over. Taking too many silly penalties once again. He plays much better in Detroit than he does here in GR. He is getting PP time lately mainly because Zadina, Puempel, and Rasmussen are all out right now. He can dig pucks along the boards, but that is about it. Playing tentitive right now. He needs to make quicker decisions when he has the puck.

Veleno is improving skatingwise and he hustles and breaks up a lot of plays in the neutral zone. Our whole team can not win draws, especially on special teams. Mainly gets "-" on the ice due to our lack of D when he is on the ice, or even a bad bounce off one of our players and lands on the stick of the other team and they bury the puck in our net. His weakness is he gets man-handled along the boards. Fore-checks great and skates well. Still learning to become a 2-way forward.

On Svech, I feel the same way.
Whenever I watch him in a GR jersey, he's awful.
In Detroit, he shows promise.

Oct 18, 2006
Simon is trash. Get rid of this hack.

Didn’t expect Larsson to struggle this much. Wow, he’s been awful.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- veleno needs work on edges and hands
- an ice pig might have inflicted a slash on seider out of camera veiw near end of game . he struggled off bent over and didnt return with about 4 minutes left . kaiser is who said he thinx it might have been a slash but he wasnt sure

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Damn this team stinks, what is going wrong? I thought we had a team that could potentially get the Calder Cup this year
nobody to haul the mail and dish out sauce . veleno , razz and turgeon do about zilch . theres nobody with a quick mind , soft hands and edges to be the elusive creative guy setting everybody up with high percentage shots . terry is only one getting others shots , and pumpel is only one along with terry finishing

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
coaching is trash, they set up a dump and crash system, playing prospects with ahl vets that arent compatible and to top it off poor goaltending. Sure a some guys have been underwhelming but they arent being put in good spots either.

Reactions: ignition16

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
nobody to haul the mail and dish out sauce . veleno , razz and turgeon do about zilch . theres nobody with a quick mind , soft hands and edges to be the elusive creative guy setting everybody up with high percentage shots . terry is only one getting others shots , and pumpel is only one along with terry finishing

Veleno is a first year pro picked at the end of the 1st round. Rasmussen has 9 points in 10 games (7 assists) so it kind of looks like he is dishing out the sauce. He has been injured though. Turgeon was never expected to be a point producer. So I am not sure what you are going on about.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Veleno is a first year pro picked at the end of the 1st round. Rasmussen has 9 points in 10 games (7 assists) so it kind of looks like he is dishing out the sauce. He has been injured though. Turgeon was never expected to be a point producer. So I am not sure what you are going on about.
he said whats wrong with griffs and i told him the facts . i didnt say there was something wrong with veleno and razz careers as i realize theyre young . but facts are they or nobody else , they being centers along with turgeon that are supposed to haul and dish , arent play making so griffs arent dangerous or winning

Reactions: Ginger Papa

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Griffins transactions for the past 3 days just in case you were busy watching Red Wings games:

12-01-19:
Calvin Pickard (G) ADD returned on loan from Det
Jonathan Ericsson (D) DEL recalled from loan by Det

12-02-19:
Tyler Spezia (F) ADD recalled from loan to Toledo (ECHL)
Troy Loggins (LW) DEL returned on loan to Toledo (ECHL)
Filip Larsson (G) DEL reassigned by Det to Toledo (ECHL)

12-03-19:
Filip Zadina (LW) ADD returned on loan from Det
Taro Hirose (LW) ADD loaned from Det
Brandon Anselmini (D) ADD Signed to PTO (came from Toledo (ECHL))

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Griffins transactions for the past 3 days just in case you were busy watching Red Wings games:

12-01-19:
Calvin Pickard (G) ADD returned on loan from Det
Jonathan Ericsson (D) DEL recalled from loan by Det

12-02-19:
Tyler Spezia (F) ADD recalled from loan to Toledo (ECHL)
Troy Loggins (LW) DEL returned on loan to Toledo (ECHL)
Filip Larsson (G) DEL reassigned by Det to Toledo (ECHL)

12-03-19:
Filip Zadina (LW) ADD returned on loan from Det
Taro Hirose (LW) ADD loaned from Det
Brandon Anselmini (D) ADD Signed to PTO (came from Toledo (ECHL))
is it getting very unusual to you that nothings being said about razz

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
is it getting very unusual to you that nothings being said about razz

Yes and no. Ever since Yzerman took over as Wings GM, injury reports in Detroit and for top prospects in GR, are either rather brief (upper/lower body) or not told at all. Fans think that Yzerman told Simon at the start of the season regarding informing the public/press on top Wings prospects injuries that happen while playing for the Griffins.

I hope to track down a couple of people at the game either tomorrow or Friday, who would have ways to find these things out and get some more insight on his situation.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Yes and no. Ever since Yzerman took over as Wings GM, injury reports in Detroit and for top prospects in GR, are either rather brief (upper/lower body) or not told at all. Fans think that Yzerman told Simon at the start of the season regarding informing the public/press on top Wings prospects injuries that happen while playing for the Griffins.

I hope to track down a couple of people at the game either tomorrow or Friday, who would have ways to find these things out and get some more insight on his situation.
thanx for getting me up to speed ! and i agree with yzermans outlook on these matters now that i hear it

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Quite interesting here in Europe, we did got some new "personal privacy directive" year ago, and after that hockey teams stopped giving any info about injuries. Same for me at work, everything of my personal health is prevented to go public.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Pickard in goal for GR tonight. Puempel out for tonight (could play Friday night). Hirose and Zadina in tonight (Yzerman decision after the game to determine their availability for Friday night).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad