Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Something has to give with all of the defensemen we have now.

Lashoff
Mcilrath
Seider
Hicketts
Saarijarvi
Kaski
Biega
Ericsson
Lindstrom

Biega was recalled leaving 8 guys.

As a farm system they inherently need more depth than the NHL team because injuries at the NHL or AHL level will affect their ability to ice enough dmen. Nothing to see here really.

Reactions: NickH8

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Biega was recalled leaving 8 guys.

As a farm system they inherently need more depth than the NHL team because injuries at the NHL or AHL level will affect their ability to ice enough dmen. Nothing to see here really.
They have always called up guys from Toledo or signed other pro minor leaguers for such situations.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if they rotate between Ericsson, Biega, and McIlrath sitting because of the veteran rule.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
They want players familiar with their system and teammates.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with carrying 8 dmen. some of you act like they have 12 dman at all times
Saarijarvi has been a healthy scratch for all but one game so far this year before Biega and Ericcson were assigned to the Griffs. Now 2 more healthy bodies need to sit.
Ericsson and Biega make 8 not 9.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Saarijarvi has been a healthy scratch for all but one game so far this year before Biega and Ericcson were assigned to the Griffs. Now 2 more healthy bodies need to sit.
Ericsson and Biega make 8 not 9.

Biega is on the NHL roster: Red Wings' Alex Biega: Back with big club

As for Saarijarvi... well he is an undersized offensive dman scoring at 0.24 points per game in the AHL. This is the final year of his contract and with the other young dmen in the system (McIssac, Regula, Tuomisto, Johansson plus others) I'd be surprised if the organization keeps him around.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Biega is on the NHL roster: Red Wings' Alex Biega: Back with big club

As for Saarijarvi... well he is an undersized offensive dman scoring at 0.24 points per game in the AHL. This is the final year of his contract and with the other young dmen in the system (McIssac, Regula, Tuomisto, Johansson plus others) I'd be surprised if the organization keeps him around.
McIssac is going to rip it up in the AHL. I cannot wait for him, the dude is legit awesome.

Reactions: wingerdinger

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Do you pay for AHL live?

I have had the one team package for the last two years. I think it was $59 for the whole season. Now I do think they come back for more at playoff time and honestly didn't buy that. But have found value in terms of getting to see our prospects and know where they at. I get money on this stuff isn't for everyone. But I have found utility in it as someone that likes watching the games. I cut my CHL stuff this year though because it was getting a bit excessive. The only big warning here is you're stuck with the in-house feed on AHL.tv. I am pretty used to that, used to go to a lot of AHL games in Milwaukee, but it is different. Still I enjoy being able to see the Griffins, this year especially with so many big future pieces there I have found it interesting thus far.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Why did Peumpel get an Unsportsmanlike conduct?
(watching the world series)
He got laid out by an Admiral player and when he got up he went after the guy that hit him and threw a couple punches. It was a clean hit from what I could tell, but the guy that threw the hit got an interference penalty

Reactions: waltdetroit

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I have had the one team package for the last two years. I think it was $59 for the whole season. Now I do think they come back for more at playoff time and honestly didn't buy that. But have found value in terms of getting to see our prospects and know where they at. I get money on this stuff isn't for everyone. But I have found utility in it as someone that likes watching the games. I cut my CHL stuff this year though because it was getting a bit excessive. The only big warning here is you're stuck with the in-house feed on AHL.tv. I am pretty used to that, used to go to a lot of AHL games in Milwaukee, but it is different. Still I enjoy being able to see the Griffins, this year especially with so many big future pieces there I have found it interesting thus far.

Yeah the money isnt an issue for me just not sure how much I would really use it. I've been thinking about just paying the single game prices every now and then when I have a chance to watch. I'm going to get to a game or two live this year as well but I like hearing others opinions on it. The feeds are probably the same as it was when redwingslive was on the go? I miss that site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad