Boston Bruins Grade the Bruins Deadline

Grade?

• Total voters

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
D - What stuck out to me when they announcers were saying quality vs quantity is that bruins seem to always believe quantity is better

Reactions: Strafer and maxl7

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
My stink is still with the Coyle trade.

Adding Johansson is cool and all. But it doesn't change my opinion of the first trade and what was given up.

C-

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
ironically just for the record... again we went for 2 players we weren't rumored to be after by the insiders of the hockey world. its fun to get insider tidbits but its far more common that these deals don't get leaked. as fans of trade rumors we need to accept that most gms keep things quiet what they are doing.

talking about it openly is actually tampering... so they are kind of forbidden by law to reveal what they are doing before its done

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
My stink is still with the Coyle trade.

Adding Johansson is cool and all. But it doesn't change my opinion of the first trade and what was given up.

C-
I agree paid more then we should. But I give him props for holding that 1st round pick. Look what dubas paid for muzzin that was ridiculous.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Both of these deals feel like something that could have easily been done during the middle of season in terms of their impact and cost. They're fine, and yes, the Bruins are better team, but by *how much?*

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
He needed 3 guys, including a top6 player. He got 2. It’s a B-.

Do they really believe they can go through Toronto and Tampa with this team?

Good luck with that.

Reactions: Strafer

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
C

Neither trade made was a bad deal. Upgraded the 3rd line for sure. Unfortunately he didn't address the big need. That said, other than Stone I don't think there was a deal made today that I felt like we should have definitely made.

Team is improved and they're as good as anyone in the East other than Tampa. We'll see how it goes. Maybe Heinen keeps it up and the new guys come up big :dunno:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I don't know, maybe C+. Love the Coyle trade. Hopefully they don't **** it up and force him on Krejci's RW now that they struck out on right shot wingers.....

I think Johanssen is fine. The price is significant enough I always wonder why add a little more and aim higher. Easier said than done, but he doesn't really move the meter IMO.

Reactions: sarge88

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
We got 2 good (not great) players for Donato, a 2nd, 4th & 5th. This team is better than it was yesterday. I'll take it.

Anyone who thought we were going to eliminate the gap between Tampa and us at the deadline was smoking crack....That opportunity was lost over the summer.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Went with a D.

Are we better? Yes.
Are we better than Tampa or Washington? No.

Then what was the point? I'd settle for "clearly better than Toronto" but I don't think we can say that for certain either.

This is how I feel.
I'll add I don't know too much about these new guys, but from what I have read I don't think they are "hard to play against" .
If they brought all their current stats, and were "Hard to Play against" then that would have been a much bigger improvement.

Reactions: PlayMakers

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
We got 2 good (not great) players for Donato, a 2nd, 4th & 5th. This team is better than it was yesterday. I'll take it.

Anyone who thought we were going to eliminate the gap between Tampa and us at the deadline was smoking crack....That opportunity was lost over the summer.

Package all those together could have got a real top 6.

Reactions: Don Cherry

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
B-
His moves will give the bruins a better chance to win this year, but I feel its still not good enough to beat Tampa, but at least he made some moves in an attempt to make the bruins better.

I feel they can beat anyone in a seven game series with the exception of Tampa but with a little puck-luck you never know. Would of loved Stone but never once thought the Bruins were going to really get him and after Stone went, there was quite a drop off and Johansson is as good as an all around player there was available.

Really like Coyle, He brings size and skill very responsible defensively and can chip in offensively as well.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Dude, what is it with you insulting people? You do it with Ray Bourque, you do it with Sweeney. Are you a picture of perfection? **** off with this bull****. Seriously.
Simply noting that his nose is beet red.

How do you think Johansson is a good fit here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad