Boston Bruins Grade the Bruins Deadline

Grade?

• Total voters

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Coyle was a OK pick up we'll see how Donato plays out. The MOJO trade has me baffled. Overpayment for a player they didnt need that seems to dislike Marshy.

If your going to trade Donato at least go all in at the deadline and it seems like Sweeney missed out. I'd give him a F.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
None of the kids are ready to help us in the postseason even a guy like Heinen is likely best left upstairs. David Backes should never see the ice for the Bruins again.

We got 2 guys who are solid second liners in their primes. Not a huge fan of either but its solid.

I think we desperately needed two forwards who can score and aren't plugs more than anyone will acknowledge.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
C or D.

There were 2 clear issues with this roster and the biggest didn't get addressed while the core is in it's prime.

Really liked the Coyle move but it had to be the 1st part of something bigger to follow.
Don't sell me the we want to win mindset with mehh moves.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
I went with C-..... I like Coyle trade although wasnt crazy about Donato being shipped off. However, I just don't see the point in trading for Johansson. to me it was "top six forward or bust"... we end up with a very good team. I just don't see how on earth we would get by Washington or Tampa with the lack of scoring depth on the roster.

Reactions: Strafer

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Out

Donato
2nd round 2019
5th round 2019 ( conditional )
2nd round 2020

In

Charlie Coyle
Marcus Johansson

I think that's a B grade. Maybe B-

The third line has been completely revamped. Depth scoring has been given a good boost, as well as size. The 4th line can go back to playing regular 4th line minutes.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
B-. We're a lot deeper and that's why we lost the past 2 seasons. I do think we need a big name for our top 6, but it is what it is.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
A C from me. Would have liked to see them go all-in. Sounds like they tried but played 2nd fiddle all deadline. Just not aggressive enough. This team is a cup contender, with likely the most difficult road to the finals through Toronto and likely Tampa. We added 2 40 point guys that will generate points at 5v5. We likely are moving 2 15 point guys off the roster to Providence. +50 points is great, just not what I think many of us thought.

Reactions: jangerhofer

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Out

Donato
2nd round 2019
5th round 2019 ( conditional )
2nd round 2020

In

Charlie Coyle
Marcus Johansson

I think that's a B grade. Maybe B-

The third line has been completely revamped. Depth scoring has been given a good boost, as well as size. The 4th line can go back to playing regular 4th line minutes.
Don’t think they gave up two 2nds. Thought it was Donato, a second, a fourth and a fifth.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
wasn't the guys I had in mind... but they did plug the holes we needed plugging.

I personally anticipate Johansson will be the guy on the 3rd line. his game is relatively soft though. does that fit with Heinen? or will both the new comers be on the 3rd line?

my guess... pastrnak moves back to the Bergeron/marchand line for playoffs... and that would mean coyle is the logical rw for krecji/debrusk

and then Johansson becomes the key to getting some offense out of backes/Heinen for our 3rd line

I will have to see them all in action before im sure how this ends up playing out.

certainly we are improved compared to what we were... and a second/donato isn't really a crippling price to pay.

tentative grade of B+
didn't overpay
but maybe didn't get what we could have got

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
B-

Didn't give up a whole lot and brought in two bona-fide NHL players.

I wish we grabbed one more piece (Hoffman, Toffoli, Saad, etc.) but I am okay where we landed.

Of course I wanted Stone, but now seeing his extension makes that pill easier to swallow.

Glad we passed on Simmonds.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Gave the idiot a D for at least getting rid of Donato and getting Coyle. He failed at everything else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->