Boston Bruins Grade the Bruins Deadline

Grade?

• Total voters

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
B-

Didn't overpay for Stone or worse yet Simmons. Even with Stone they're not getting past Tampa without a lot of puck luck (and if they have that they don't need Stone in the first place).

Coyle looks to be solid pickup and we get him for a year plus. Donato wasn't clicking in Boston for whatever reason.

Mojo might have been a slight overpayment but not going to lose any sleep over a late 2nd round pick.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
I'm not familiar with him. In fact, I'd never noticed him until Marchand laid him out. I'm hoping for the best, but I wanted Simmonds.
I can’t let this pass. You come on here and argue hockey issues and mock other’s positions and then you say basically that you don’t know who Johansson is? The guy has been a strong player in the league for a long time, played on Swedish junior and Olympic teams and has over 300 NHL points. But you only noticed him when Marchand elbowed him. Wow. I keep forgetting there is no minimum knowledge requirement for this place.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I can’t let this pass. You come on here and argue hockey issues and mock other’s positions and then you say basically that you don’t know who Johansson is? The guy has been a strong player in the league for a long time, played on Swedish junior and Olympic teams and has over 300 NHL points. But you only noticed him when Marchand elbowed him. Wow. I keep forgetting there is no minimum knowledge requirement for this place.

Funny isn't it? Gives Sweeney an "F" but doesn't even know players he's acquired. It's just obvious trolling. Timeouts weren't enough.....Lets take the next step, here.

Reactions: Friar85

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Out

Donato
2nd round 2019
5th round 2019 ( conditional )
2nd round 2020

In

Charlie Coyle
Marcus Johansson

I think that's a B grade. Maybe B-

The third line has been completely revamped. Depth scoring has been given a good boost, as well as size. The 4th line can go back to playing regular 4th line minutes.

I agree B/B-

I think Stone was the best fit but wasn't worth the cost for a rental when Vegas was bidding for a signed player... We didn't kill the farm and got better. People on here want the best players with minimal impact on the future which isn't going to happen.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Say what you want about trades. The grade button is above. I dont care what your grade is tbh (I assume its A+)

"Basically paid the same as Nyquist. Just horrible"

Ignores the fact that Nyquist had a NTC and wanted to go to SJ.

"Horrible deal though. Nyquist much better"

Continues to ignore the fact that Nyquist has a NTC and wanted to go to SJ. Just wants to whine about a deal even though he's not taking into consideration FACTS like a NTC.

Gets called out on it and changes the argument.... Shocker!!

Reactions: Chief Nine

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
"Basically paid the same as Nyquist. Just horrible"

Ignores the fact that Nyquist had a NTC and wanted to go to SJ.

"Horrible deal though. Nyquist much better"

Continues to ignore the fact that Nyquist has a NTC and wanted to go to SJ. Just wants to whine about a deal even though he's not taking into consideration FACTS like a NTC.

Gets called out on it and changes the argument.... Shocker!!

If you want a board that's all positive and pro sweeney what would be the point of a message board. A take is a take. Stop stressing about it

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Horrible deal though. Nyquist much better

Nyquist was not coming here. Last game he played was against the Sharks and after the game, they took him out to dinner and basically woo'ed him. It also helped that he's BFF with Karlsson. Full NTC on his contract so when it came down to choosing Boston or San Jose, it was an easy choice for him. Detroit might have liked our deal better for all we know, but Nyquist held all the cards.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It will all depend on how they will,perform.

For now I'll give a D.

Sweeny left better options on the table, besides Stone.

Reactions: GordonHowe

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
It will all depend on how they will,perform.

For now I'll give a D.

Sweeny left better options on the table, besides Stone.
Better options like? Nyquist used his NTC. Simmonds is a worse player than MoJo and went for the equivalent of Heinen and a pick. Hayes went for a 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad