Confirmed with Link: Grabner to Devils for 2nd rounder and Rykov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
terribly. we love rykov. sure, russia factor is a thing, but the man is an absolute beast. i'm worried how this is gonna look in a few years.

Thanks for the reply...I think rangers feel he will come over he played with Buchnevich and is playing with thier top goalie prospect right now

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
If that's Shero's thinking he should be fired tomorrow.

He made this trade because he's afraid Hall might get sad? Really?
Yikes your hot takes are for real right now - You think Shero should be fired for caring about his future captain's want to make the playoffs FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Anyone who thinks this is a bad deal covets a 2nd round pick and a prospect more than our best players making the playoffs for the first time ever

Im glad all of you who think this dont GM the team

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
People have been crapping on me about Shero keeping his end of the deal he made with Hall about making the playoffs and him becoming a leader - everyone assumed he will stay cause of his interviews yet this move is for a 30-year old UFA for futures - which is what Shero said he WOULDNT DO.

This is to get Hall and the team into the playoffs to keep him happy. Ill accept all apologies for ****ting on me for saying this for some time now.

1. He’s 30 years old, he’s not a 35 year old corpse like we used to have coming in every year.

2. Futures? A guy who MIGHT come over in TWO years and a second round pick who might not ever see the NHL or at the very least is probably 3-4 years away of him even being an option?

3. Shero said he isn’t giving up the rebuild for rentals. Maybe, just maybe, he isn’t viewing Grabner as a rental. He’s 30. Give him a 3 year deal and he’ll slot in as a middle 6 RW who will score 20-30 goals.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Saying Rykov is our best D prospect doesn't make Rykov a great prospect, it's a testament to how bad our defensive prospect pool is right now. That's like when Reid Boucher was our top forward prospect.

Reactions: Owenay and Billdo

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It's a very short sighted deal.
That’s literally how the trade deadline goes for the most part. You acquire pieces to improve your team. And I value making the playoffs over maybe getting an NHL player 3 years from now in the 2nd round and maybe Rykov coming over in 3 years (with no guarantee of him being any good).

Reactions: New Jersey

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
1. He’s 30 years old, he’s not a 35 year old corpse like we used to have coming in every year.

2. Futures? A guy who MIGHT come over in TWO years and a second round pick who might not ever see the NHL or at the very least is probably 3-4 years away of him even being an option?

3. Shero said he isn’t giving up the rebuild for rentals. Maybe, just maybe, he isn’t viewing Grabner as a rental. He’s 30. Give him a 3 year deal and he’ll slot in as a middle 6 RW who will score 20-30 goals.
Im cool with re-signing Grabner - fits our style well and gives time for Bratt to fill in because he wasnt a top 6 option anymore right now

Reactions: Billdo

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yikes your hot takes are for real right now - You think Shero should be fired for caring about his future captain's want to make the playoffs FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER?
My hot take?? :laugh:

You think a GM just made a move because Taylor Hall might need a binky if they don't make the playoffs.

And that spin was absolutely incredible.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
More like I value Grabner less.

He's not the difference between making and not making the playoffs. Goaltending and defense will.
Bratt needed to be bumped down and with Johansson out for likely the season, we needed an acquisition.

This does not affect out future in any slight of the imagination and helps us now. The playoff experience Shero is fighting for here is worth WAY more than a 2nd+Rykov

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Saying Rykov is our best D prospect doesn't make Rykov a great prospect, it's a testament to how bad our defensive prospect pool is right now. That's like when Reid Boucher was our top forward prospect.

Pretty sure Rykov is just highly regarded in general, I've heard tons of praise for him when he's played in international compeitions. We're probably over-hyping him but not that much, he's objectively a good prospect.

Reactions: Classic Devil

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Anyone who thinks this is a bad deal covets a 2nd round pick and a prospect more than our best players making the playoffs for the first time ever

Im glad all of you who think this dont GM the team

Hall can't even sign an extension till next offseason. You're engaging in complete projection. Us making the playoffs this year isn't going to determine whether Hall signs after June 2019. Making the playoffs by next year might, but we're not at that code red phase yet.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
*twilight zone music plays*
p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad