Pre-Game Talk: Gothenburg open practice 11am

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Arrived in Gothenburg today and currently enjoying a nice swedish meal at a friends home. Can't wait for tonight, 1st ever NHL regular season game for me, just took me 35 years. :laugh:

GO OILERS!!! :banana:

If possible try some Swedish pancakes. For some reason I never managed to make as tasty ones with American flour and I suppose I'd have the same trouble with the Canadian one. I actually typed flower initially, which I guess would've explained the failure. Enjoy the game!

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Arrived in Gothenburg today and currently enjoying a nice swedish meal at a friends home. Can't wait for tonight, 1st ever NHL regular season game for me, just took me 35 years. :laugh:

GO OILERS!!! :banana:

Hopefully not surstromming :)

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Having 5 days between NJD game in Swe and the first game helps. Jet-lag shouldn't be problem after such a long rest. I do think the problem might be that other teams are already into the season, rid of nerves etc.

But why be negative based on hypotheticals which we cannot do anything about?

It helps but like i said even a 1 or 2 % drop (due to some lingering affects of that kind of travel) off is huge for an elite athlete and could make a difference. Just some sluggishness in mental processing as well could have disasterous effects. Don't mean to be negative but i'm just a bit worried about this potentiality and thus giving chia more excuses to use if things go awry this year because it may play a role in helping him keep his job for the following year even if he doesn't deserve to be back. it could turn into a "write off" year quickly if things spiral downwards quickly and a sluggish start can do this. I really really hope it doesn't.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
GDT closed .... now what?
They better mix up things in the 3rd.

Yeah I don't get that. didn't even hit 1K.
I saw a life in the team in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd.
Things could easily turn around.
#stayingpositive

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Yeah I don't get that. didn't even hit 1K.
I saw a life in the team in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd.
Things could easily turn around.
#stayingpositive
2 goals down is not so bad. Even if we lose though I want to see a bit of freakin hustle now. Hope they stick with the changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad