Pre-Game Talk: Gothenburg open practice 11am

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Ya there are haha.

I had to go drop off my bag of beers for tomorrow but will head out soon. The main area seems to be "the avenue" that everyone talks about. Will be heading over there if anyone is interested

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010

Sucks for him and his family/friends (and their team of course). Probably the only time he'd get to play an NHL game in his home country.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
AVENYN!

Not that I am there :(, but that used to be the hockey people hang-out place.

Address:
O'Learys
Kungsportsavenyn 9
411 36 Göteborg

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I'm sure someone has brought this up and not sure what thread to post this on but is anyone scared that this euro trip and playing so few games in the first week or two of the season compared to other teams a recipe for a slow and bad start for the Oil?

I know they're young and pro athletes but jet lag WILL affect you somewhat and may take longer than one thinks to FULLY recover from it. I mean even if they are only 1 or 2% slower, have just slightly less pop in their legs, processing a bit sluggish it can make a huge difference at the highest level.

I think they come back to the east coast to play some games after they return from europe and those east coast teams probably have had several games to "warm up" and are well rested at home. it could be a tough sled and start. It would give chia and the oil another excuse for a slow start that may derail the season.....

not saying it will go down this way but i certainly would not be surprised if the euro trip gets them off to a poor start and potentially ruining the season (if the team is not mentally strong).

might not have been a great decision to sign up for this euro trip thing.

Reactions: Mez

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I'm sure someone has brought this up and not sure what thread to post this on but is anyone scared that this euro trip and playing so few games in the first week or two of the season compared to other teams a recipe for a slow and bad start for the Oil?

I know they're young and pro athletes but jet lag WILL affect you somewhat and may take longer than one thinks to FULLY recover from it. I mean even if they are only 1 or 2% slower, have just slightly less pop in their legs, processing a bit sluggish it can make a huge difference at the highest level.

I think they come back to the east coast to play some games after they return from europe and those east coast teams probably have had several games to "warm up" and are well rested at home. it could be a tough sled and start. It would give chia and the oil another excuse for a slow start that may derail the season.....

not saying it will go down this way but i certainly would not be surprised if the euro trip gets them off to a poor start and potentially ruining the season (if the team is not mentally strong).

Given that they've been in Europe for several days already, and also have several days between there next came on the east coast, I don't think jet lag should be a factor.

However, there's probably some legitimacy around other teams having more games in being a benefit for them.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy

Having 5 days between NJD game in Swe and the first game helps. Jet-lag shouldn't be problem after such a long rest. I do think the problem might be that other teams are already into the season, rid of nerves etc.

But why be negative based on hypotheticals which we cannot do anything about?

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Having 5 days between NJD game in Swe and the first game helps. Jet-lag shouldn't be problem after such a long rest. I do think the problem might be that other teams are already into the season, rid of nerves etc.

But why be negative based on hypotheticals which we cannot do anything about?

I suppose they also have good doctors to assist the change with melatonin and stuff. I wonder how soon the next game is gonna be when they get back from Europe, as that could be more tricky for some players.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Crash course in Gothenburgian(?) culture:

Just activate english subtitles, although some of the jokes are kind of lost in translation.

Still funny though and pretty accurate if you ask me :DD:DD

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Crash course in Gothenburgian(?) culture:

Just activate english subtitles, although some of the jokes are kind of lost in translation.

Still funny though and pretty accurate if you ask me :DD:DD

Haha, great video!

For me this is Gothenburg, 4 AM radio show:

... but the again I lived close to Jarntorget for a loooong time so lots of KPMG influences :laugh:

Reactions: Zaddy

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Haha, great video!

For me this is Gothenburg, 4 AM radio show:

... but the again I lived close to Jarntorget for a loooong time so lots of KPMG influences :laugh:

Haha yeah, Weiron i Ottan was the first one that came to mind for me too but I'm not sure it's possible to understand the hilarity of Weiron as a non-swede :D

NileCity was such a great show. Some of the best comedy ever made in Sweden.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Haha yeah, Weiron i Ottan was the first one that came to mind for me too but I'm not sure it's possible to understand the hilarity of Weiron as a non-swede :D

NileCity was such a great show. Some of the best comedy ever made in Sweden.
You're probably right. This was the only "english" version I found.
Ah the memories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad